Couple of issues...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Daveyboi, May 21, 2015.

1. Daveyboi

Daveyboi Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone else have these issues that I have run into?

1 - The trunk. It seems to not wick the water away properly and spills all into the trunk when I open it, rather than around the outside edging. Also, it appears to almost go inside the top part of the trunk, inside, past the seams. It take forever to drain out after a rain or a washing. The spoiler seems to hold a lot more than it should also.

2. The paint quality. I'm probably doing something wrong, but whenever I towel dry the car after washing it, a couple of times I have appeared to have scuffed a few spots with the rag (I use a high fiber rag, and snap off the excess every few swipes) I'm sure a good wax will hide the scuffs, but it seems to be a lesser quality paint finish than what I had for my SXT Charger. o_O

I have been hit with a couple rocks from the side already, but not at high speeds (like 40-50 km/h) and its taken a couple chips out of the side doors. Again, never had that happen with my SXT Charger in 5 1/2 years of owning it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. harleychris

harleychris Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The trunk water issue i sure have but havent noticed any other issue other than body alignment issues (fenders hood and doors )alignments are terrible and wheel alignment is way off.

3. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can probably attribute the rock chips on the doors to the extreme tires on the front of the Cat. I use a battery operated leaf blower on the car, especially around mirrors, gas door, and trunk lid area before toweling down the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Same issue with the water. And my passenger side front door was hit by something when I was driving 50mph on the highway. I think I ran over something and it jumped up and hit my door. I believe it's the 275 front tires. Didn't have this issue when I was running 255/45/20 fronts on my old SRTs. It's all good. I know a good dent guy.

5. harleychris

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes i agree i never dry the paint with any cloth just a spot free rinse and blow any water off

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I live right off a highway on ramp. After washing the car I go for a spirited drive to the next exit one mile down. The three layers of wax I have built up help move the water off quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. harleychris

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice idea

8. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My Charger also drips water from the trunk lid into the trunk. So did my '08 Challenger. Just like my '56 Chrysler show car, never use anything but a soft 100% cotton rag to wipe down the car.

9. harleychris

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess thats really no big deal with the trunk water issue. Im going to try using the leaf blower real well around the trunk lid and see if that works..

10. Daveyboi

Daveyboi Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never really had the water drip into the trunk as much as I do with the Hellcat. My '09 Charger pushed most of it around the outside trench nicely. With the Hellcat, it just pours in, and comes out of the seams when I feel like it shouldn't...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bobby D

Bobby D Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wash mine use my leaf blower to get most of the water out of all the cracks left my hood and trunk get most of the water off of the car while still damp wax or detail spray with microfiber towel and let it dry and wipe it off with microfiber towel and you're done car will look amazing ;)

12. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was just about to start a thread about this trunk-water problem! It's INSANE!

My 2012 SRT didn't have this problem, now if I take my car through a carwash, I can't open the trunk for about a DAY without a deluge of water pouring out of the trunk lid!!! WTF???

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I used to use that as an excuse when I was 16 to get my moms boyfriend to let me drive his convertible Mustang GT. It works like a champ but more importantly I got to do some cruising.:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm a truck guy so I'm pretty used to having a bed full of water after a wash. I usually pull out of the drive way with just the rear tires and let it sit for a few minutes. It's just enough of a slope for all the water to run out.

15. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Leaf blower works great