CQuartz Finest question

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Detailing' started by NHCAT, Jun 17, 2016.

1. NHCAT

NHCAT Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I just picked up my car. I had a level 2 paint correction done, clear bra installed on front bumper and mirrors, had the hood and rear spoiler wrapped and everything CQuartzed.

It says I cant wash the car for 7 days.... really??
    I did just message my installed and asked if I could rinse the car off and get rid of the dust that is sticking to it ( I thought that wasn't suppose to happen as much) and he said I could rinse it and dry it right away.

What has everyone done after the application of CQuartz finest?

2. saagz87

saagz87 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I kept mine dry for 10 days. Just leave it alone man and let it cure. Leave it in the sun as much as you can to help it cure faster

Some people have reported permanent water spots because it got wet after application and you don't want that problem

3. BeBeep

BeBeep SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same here, leave it alone.

4. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Regarding the dust, I have a local detailer that recommended I not do this treatment as it makes your car into a dust magnet (positively charges the paint?)

So I'm curious as to what everyone's experience is, I already go crazy trying to keep dust off the car as it is, if it got ANY worse I might lose my freakin' mind...

:mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wills.WindowsAndWheelsAz

Wills.WindowsAndWheelsAz Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The best option for light dust removal would be a Waterless Wash method. Good technique and good supplies are big on this (dont grab some grimy Walmart towels to do it and then wonder how your paint got swirled up lol).

I posted a short video on our technique that can be viewed here:

• Like Like x 4
  6. NHCAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I thought from what I read that it was suppose to be much better about resisting dust. The pollen on the car is driving me crazy right now.
    I have a cruise that I set up on Sunday ... and I will not have a dirty car for it.
    I will let it sit in the sun today and tomorrow ... but it will get rinsed Saturday night.
    I am going to see it the dust and pollen will come off with air like it is suppose to...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  7. NHCAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah that's great .. but I am not suppose to use anything on this finish now.

8. Wills.WindowsAndWheelsAz

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I understand. Ive had times where i coated a car and kept it a couple of days after since the owner could not pick up right away. Ultima Waterless Wash+ is ok for a quick touch up, even if it hasn't been a full week. That way you don't risk any standing water on the coating and the cleaner being used is very light.

If you do end up doing a regular wash on it, just be sure you dry off all standing water. All the dust/pollen will remove extremely easily - you just want to avoid letting water stand since that can cause water spotting. :D

9. NHCAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It wont be a wash .... just a rinse and I will do that in the shade and dry it immediately!

10. saagz87

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

I noticed the dust seemed much worse the first few weeks I had the coating. After I washed it a few times with car pro reset it seemed to be better. Now I don't really notice the dust accumulating on the car at all. I tried compressed air to remove the dust and didn't have a lot of luck. The brake dust comes right off the rims with a shot of compressed air now though which is very nice

11. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I waited as recommended and have had it for 11 months. Wheels spray clean with IronX and washing is a breeze. Water just flows off.

The pollen must be driving you nuts but if you put water on it early make sure you get it all. I use a Metrovac blower I got for my bikes and even with the heated, filtered, and high pressure air I always find some drip from under the spoiler or the marker lights that seem to come out after they see me leave. I always come back and get them with a plush microfiber.

I got the IronX, Reset, and Reload from CarPro, great service & great products. I use Griot's Speed Shine for quick small area touch up. I contacted the vendors to ensure Speed Shine is okay to use with CQuartz Finest...they said cool, I've used these products for close to a year with very good results on Phantom Black.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've had the CQuartz for over a year now. It has held up very well and it is not a dust magnet. If you're gonna get dust, you're gonna get dust. Leave it for the 10 days and let it cure. That's an important part of the process. It's a fantastic investment...haven't waxed the car once...just wash and it looks like it's been waxed every time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Wills.WindowsAndWheelsAz

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Metro Blaster is great for blowing the car dry after a regular wash. I kind of enjoy it because all the water just flies off the car lol. As mentioned - places like mirrors will always, always drip. Ive stood there and tried blowing a mirror for 2-3 minutes straight, moved it into all 3 positions and still...as soon as i move the car....DRIP. Detail spray and a soft microfiber touch that up no problem though

• Like Like x 1
  14. NHCAT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So can cquart finest be touched up?
    Some moron scratched my drivers door. Its just in the clear coat but cant really do anything to it with cquartz on it.
    It seems like a coat of cquartz would make it go away.
    Can a lesser cquartz go over cquartz finest?

15. saagz87

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This product won't prevent scratches. It will help the swirl marks and very fine scratches that happen during washing. Also makes washing much easier and protects paint from environment. A scratch in your door won't mean the coating has failed. Go over it with reload and it will be fine