CQuartz Finest same as DIY CQuartz?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Detailing' started by ALACAT, Oct 11, 2015.

1. ALACAT

ALACAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This may have been covered somewhere else, but so far I haven't found it...
    I am looking at CQuartz for my new Hellcat.
    Can one of you professional installers tell me what (if any) difference there is between the
    product installed by yourselves & what is offered from a number of retailers (Amazon, Autogeek, etc.).
    I get the the paint correction phase & all, and we can do that. (Yes, it's a JOB!)
    This is about product definition.

2. burn133

burn133 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I would search or post your question over on autogeeks forum to get the best answer.

But from what I know. Only a certified installer can buy and install finest. Its supposed to be a bit thicker, last longer, shinier, than the one anyone can buy.

3. Corey@CarPro-US

Corey@CarPro-US Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for your question. For sure... As much as the suspicious google add words from SOME retail stores would like to confuse you... they don't sell Finest and the product is a 100% different formula.

Cquartz coatings are professional grade products and lead the industry in dirt repellency. Cquartz/CarPro was the pioneer of ceramic coatings in North America and continues to push the envelope with its innovation and leadership in this field.

Chemical makeup:

CQuartz UK contains a higher volume of Sio2 (Quartz) than other coatings on the market

CQuartz contains less Sio2 than UK but contains Tio2 (titanium) and other materials as well.

Cquartz Finest contains both Sio2, Tio2, and of course proprietary ingredients along with the highest total solids of any coating in the industry. Finest resists most types of staining or spotting better than any other coating we have tested.

Appearance:

CQuartz Finest offers an intense reflective but wet looking gloss - It should be noted that part of this is largely due to the quality of work and patience spent by our industry leading professionals during their Decontamination, Prep, Compounding, and Polishing/Finishing stages.
    CQuartz provides a very reflective gloss
    CQuartz UK provides a lot of depth

Application:

All 3 apply differently from one another

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. ALACAT

ALACAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you, sir.

5. dancap3286

dancap3286 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    God, that was the most informative post I have ever read. Kudos to you for your detailed description. 1 other question if I may, how do you maintain CQuartz Finest? I have my car handwashed every 2 weeks with a coat of Liquid Glass applied after every wash. Is there no need for any type of wax after the CQuartz Finest??? no spray wax or detailers? Just a straight up wash and dry?

• Like Like x 1
  6. C. Charles Hahn

C. Charles Hahn Silver Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    'Waxing' on top of CQuartz Finest is not recommended, in part because most waxes and sealants will not form a strong bond with the coating, and in part because it will temporarily mask the dirt release and hydrophobic properties of the coating.

That being said, it is suggested to decontaminate the coating using IronX and/or TarX as needed to release any contaminants (ferrous particles/brake dust, tar, sap, etc.) that have become bonded to the coating over time, and to top the coating with Reload every few months.

Reload is a sealant that was formulated to work with the CQuartz coatings as a way to refresh and enhance gloss without inhibiting dirt release. It is unquestionably easier to work with than the Liquid Glass you're used to, meaning you'll spend far less time and energy on bi-weekly maintenance -- and you don't have to use Reload after every wash unless you really want to.

• Like Like x 1