CQuartz. How do you know they actually put it on?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by Driver72, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So after 6 days of being at the certified shop near me that does CQuartz, (and did carbon tint, as well as Xpel clearbra), I picked up my car today. And yes, it was 6 days, partly because of the weekend and they were really busy.

But I'll be honest, the car didn't look really any different than it did when coming off the showroom floor, meaning, clean and shiny, but I was expecting a wet uber glossy look after reading all the comments here and looking at CQuartz photos.

I asked shop owner, who said, you really need a "gloss meter" to see the difference.
    I just paid $1,200 for the "paint correction", when I asked what that was, he said on the lines of, "the prep and polishing".
    When I asked if I needed any special care for the CQuartz cleaning, he said, nope, just doing run it through those automated car washes. Use clean microfiber cloths.

Then I started thinking, how do I know that I just didn't pay $1,200 for a detail job with normal wax?

Did you guys get an empty box of the CQuartz? Did you get an instruction pamphlet that told you how to care for the car now that it has CQuartz on it?

Because to be honest, right now I feel like the $1,200 wasn't that well spent. That just normal washing and waxing twice a year with a good nanotech wax is all I needed to do.

And yes, I got the shop info from the CQuartz website, so I know they are a certified place, I just don't know how to actually tell or verify that anything was actually done to the car, for all I know they could of just put a $12 bottle of wax on the car and charged me 100x that amount.

2. Colorado Hellcat

Colorado Hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'll the guys that have had it done answer but from what I've read hear it sounds like it's real easy to tell the difference. Might depend on the color how much diff. there is.

3. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I uderstand your reservations, I think if I decide on doing this, I will ask them to call me as I would like to see how it is applied.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You should see a noticeable difference from the showroom...mine looks night and day better than showroom. Water was bouncing off my car in the last rain...literally bouncing. My detailer recommended not going through the automated car washes, as they use some harsh chemicals. He had some car wash shampoo that he recommended, and I bought a blower from Home Depot for $35 to dry the car. The water should bead like this on the car, for at least 2-3 years. IMG_3535.JPG

5. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is what I bought to wash it. It's made specifically for a CQuartz coated car. IMG_3550.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. HCone

HCone Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Spend 100.00 for Zaino and you'll get the same effect, if not better
    There is no way I will pay 1200.00 for a wax job

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You will not get the same effect...not even close. If you have not seen a CQuartz coated car in person, then you can not compare. Trust me, I have done many clay, polish, and wax jobs in my life on my own cars, and it's not even close. This lasts much longer than Zaino or wax would ever last. It also has protection qualities that nothing else has. There's more to the job than just waxing it...what you choose to pay for is your choice, but it is far from just a wax job.

8. MVT

MVT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I use Zanio Polish and only all the other items Wash soap Detail spray High Performance spray, Tire dressing etc.. I love it and have been using it since 2005.
    H Cone check out there new blonde towels $24.95 for three they are the best towel I have ever seen, Im picky as he&* I use one for polish, one for washing and one for the High Performace spray. The spray is $19.95 i use it after the wash. i keep the rags in ziplock bags when there clean and dry so when I go to use them I know there is no debris on them.
    My car Is Pitch Black so having the best is what I have. Oh a tip, after the wheels are washed and dry I use the Zanio Detail spray on a white gym sock and wipe the brake calipers and the wheel. it works great and keeps a subtle shine on the wheel.

9. MVT

MVT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im with H Cone Sorry.:)

10. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All good...everyone's entitled to their own opinion...my point was just to see one in person before you say one thing is better than another. To each their own:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Went back to shop, they gave me the empty box with the warranty info and ID on it, they assured me everything was done properly and to the point. Owner of shop also went over my Xpel and removed any bubbles with a syringe and took care of everything. The one front of the hood panel that has the stretch marks, he agreed to do again when I have the time to do it.
    So I am now pleased.
    I also want to thank Corey of CarPro for speaking with me at length and in detail about the CQuartz and what I should expect. Very professional and great customer service from him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome to hear!!!! Glad it all worked out! I know they put a sticker in my door jam that had the proof of work and warranty info on it.

13. Odin

Odin Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    CQuartz is a fantastic product but I would not take your car through any automated car washes. There is still a chance that the automated wash could inflict damage to the paint. When using microfibers only use towels made in South Korea NOT China. A great place to find them online is called The Rag Company. They will tell you if they are made in South Korea or China. As Goingsolo2 posted I would use products design by CarPro to care for the coating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Does anyone have any experience with Opti Coat?

15. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I believe he used Opti Coat on my rear satin spoiler. The CQuartz Finest would have been too glossy for a satin piece. It seems to work the same way, repelling the water, but doesn't have as much gloss to it.