Daily Driver? MPG 's?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Next Phase, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Figured I would post up regarding daily driving and MPG's as I've seen the question asked a few times.

I know we didn't buy the car for gas mileage, but one of my concerns was how many miles I would get out of a tank. My weekly commute is about 260 miles and getting gas twice a week is annoyingy/inconvenient.

My car has just over 2,400 miles and no real break in. No issues, no leaks, etc.

The first 3 weeks I had the car, I was sure I would get arrested (this is still a strong possibility) as I drive very agressively.

Now that the honeymoon is over and the commute and traffic are a daily occurence... I've been utilizing eco mode (blasphemy, I know).

Surpringly, the car is very docile.... AND it has plenty of passing power. More surpring is that the supercharger whine is more pronounced, I assume because the exhaust flaps are closed?

Like I mentioned, I drive very aggressive and can't stand getting stuck behind a Prius in the fast lane. I'm getting some great mileage and range. Typically 250 to 300 miles per tank for the weekly commute (then the weekend comes and I burn through a half a tank or more - so worth it)!

I haven't reset my MPG's since I purchased the cat:

[​IMG]

Keep in mind, I drive 50 miles mostly highway and 5 miles city cycle on a daily basis.

YMMV and it all depends on how much you get into the loud pedal. I'll reset my MPG's at the beginning of the week soon and see how much it's getting. I'm guessing I could get low to mid 20's if I needed to, but what fun is that.

[​IMG]

Still in love with the car and hope those still in VON hell some patience. Car is worth it!

[​IMG]

2. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmm I get 11.7 mpg...I wonder what the difference is between our two averages?....Oh I drive like an ahole......maybe thats it lol :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, my average drops by 3 to 4 mpg's on the weekend and then climbs up with the highway miles diring the week.

If this was just my weekend toy, It would be significantly worse.... I'm just over 10 mpg's in the Jeep.

4. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Highest I've gotten was right at 23.2 I think on a 300 mile trip. My overall average is 11.7 after almost 6 months.

A8

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I average in the mid-12's, with a pretty even mix of highway and city driving. That's with a M6, I suspect the A8 would provide a better average.

6. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine doesn't lol.

7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I average 13 - 18mpg

8. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That doesn't surprise me. Those organic vegetables bruise easily. Can't jostle them tooo much. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Fionn MacCumhaill

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hard to drive fast with a subway sammich in your hand and another in your lap ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Averaging 18-20mpg on my 60 mile round trip commute. I use eco mode during my commute but the weekends I'm in either sport or track.

11. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL hatorade bro

12. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL don't join them hatorade group!!! You're on my side remember

13. Fionn MacCumhaill

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    True, true. Besides, after the whole Jared FBI bust you should be getting your sammiches from somewhere else! Go get a toasted sub from Quiznos and help keep the humble paychecks of a certain IT Systems Administrator coming in. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think these cars are capable of record-low MPG's, cuz when you have it in fuel economy mode on the driver's display, you can see the current MPG's rocket up, when you lift off the gas and just coast, and then plummet down super low, when you floor it. I bet if one didn't care about getting tickets, and was constantly punchin' it, from light to light, he could blow through the fuel at like 5mpg or less for an average. I noticed lately, I put in 'only' like twenty bucks, but was really nailing it a lot, and the 'low' range indicator came on super fast, as it drank though the premium at a relentless pace!

15. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Running 30 mile commute mixed traffic and run just over 19+ mpg. Weekends can see that drop by 2-3 mpg.

Tank range is usually 330