Damaged in shipping

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by qmc43, May 7, 2016.

1. qmc43

qmc43 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well my charger hellcat final showed up Fri with damage to the front facia. My dealer sent me photos of the car still on the carrier before it was unloaded. I'm devastated! I have concerns about the color match of the ivory white and possible CarFax history as a carrier insurance claim. Has any one had any experience with this process with SRT or compensation from the dealer or Chrysler. I also have an option of refusing it and ordering another maybe 2017.
    Thanks Mark

Attached Files:

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The carrier is going to be responsible for fixing it. The damage may show on Car Fax which could lower future resale value. You may get Chrysler to give you some discount to compensate that provided the damage repair meets your approval. But remember that Chrysler has no obligation to you other than letting you walk away.

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am really sorry to read about this! You need to do what makes you happy ... be it fix the car, or refuse the car. Good Luck, and let us know what you decide. *hug*

April

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Macman

Macman VIP Hellcat Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Look around. You may be able to find one sitting at a dealer. Seems like they are selling at sticker and below. Will not work if you have a trade.
    Sorry about the damage.

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i smashed my front end up while driving it home-(black ice)....i know i F'd up my resale value

there is 0 chance id buy a damaged car with a carfax on day 1...0 chance....any future resale will always be effected....dont do it.......i feel so strongly ill even call you a SUCKER if you do.....

find another....

in 20 years they will all have been dinged up at some point by the drivers or someone else...but if you resell in 5 years you will take a hit on that repaint.....and why should you....many people wont even consider your car because of it....its a major thing...on my sublime the paint doesnt match.....but then ive seen factory bumpers that match even worse......

dont do it!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would hate to be in your position mark. Wait until Monday and see how good the resolution is.
    If anyone has gone through this or knows someone, please help a brother out. Give some feedback

7. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Everything happens for a reason. Follow your instincts and do the right thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I love the white Mark and see very few if any around us.
    Still thinking abt you and hope you get the answers you want.
    Let me know what you need

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Collect all your facts...
    Take a deep breath...
    Build a decision matrix

Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cglhawk260

Cglhawk260 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    See what the compensation package is first. Money smooths out a lot of rough edges.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Take pictures of the damage. Get a written report from the dealer. Make them fix the car. Take the car. Enjoy the car. Drive the daylights out of the car. You will do far worse things to the car while you own it. If you ever want to sell or trade in the car someday, present your documentation of this little incident along with the car. It will explain everything. It's just the front fascia, not the entire front end. There might not even be a carfax report since you don't own the car. I wouldn't worry about it that much. There are lot of other undamaged cars out there that have a slight color match difference between the fascia and the body from the factory. Your dealer will paint it better than the factory, so it should be a good match. Paint shops have a scan tool that samples the color of the rest of the car and tells the painter how to mix the new paint. It will all work out fine. Post some pictures for us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    unless their offer is $5k and a free repair w/ a paint match guarantee i wouldnt touch it...

why not spend the same $$ and just do a search and find another

I doubt dodge gives you much....why would they...they will simply fix it and sell it to someone else as a New car.....it happens all the time...ive been at dealers and seen damaged cars often...if its a certain % they can fix and sell as new

pick 2 colors, be open to options and find your car on cars.com today....drive/fly and get it....you dont need to wait until 2017..

13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if there is a carfax on the car the value is worth -$5k less or more for a few years...many people who buy these cars are under the illusion it will be worth $1.5 million dollars in 35 years.....your car with a carfax will be avoided by a % of potential buyers....i know if i wanted a 5 year old HC i wouldnt buy one with a carfax when i can get one w/o........and im not one of those people who thinks its going to be worth 1.5 million....

not worth any amount of $$ to me to take a damaged car when you have an option not to

14. chuck

chuck Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear about this. I hope you can work this out. Good luck with your deal.

Chuck

15. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, bad luck that I feel bad for you about...plenty of suggestions and guidance already to sift through. It will work out...not a matter of "if", just a matter of "when". Stay the course.

• Useful Useful x 2