Dashcams

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Kaiju, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone considered something like this: THINKWARE DASH CAM F550
    Maybe not that one in particular, but wondering if stuff like that works. It mentions a "parking surveillance mode", which considering I had a bad week in my daily driver, and got hit in the front and the back (at two different places) and both times had the other person leave, might make me feel better. One just needed some touch up paint, but the other had a trailer hitch dig a hole in my bumper, and they just frickin left!. I mean, when I can, I will park further away, but it's not really always an option.

It also says for the "parking surveillance mode", it has to be hardwired in. Not sure if that's something that I want to do anyways. Just thinking about it.

2. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    checkout "roadhawk HD" can be hard wired and has GPS built in that tracks speed and location, has G-force event that auto saves it.. it also records audio so u can call out a plate and save it as an event.. and much much more.. love mine, i captured deer and bear so far.

3. FreightTrain

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    review

4. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    looks nice...how much video does it fit on the cards? What size card do you have? I see it goes up to 64GB (on a future software release). I've seen some other ones that support up to a 256GB card.

5. FreightTrain

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    depends on your settings, i record 1 min loops at 12mb a second? 8 gig card comes with it.. i have a 32 gig too and its fine for what i need use it for... no idea how many recorded loops they hold. When i get an event i swap them out so size isnt an issue at all. Some report problems with the 64 gig ulhd? cards..

if you want regular long video i like gopro's

6. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    maybe I will look at getting the dashcam and a gopro. Thanks for the feedback Abe!

If anyone else wants to add anything or share, please feel free, not buying it yet. Have enough stuff waiting for my car to arrive, lol.

7. Chippy

Chippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have had great success with my Blackvue DR 600. Blackvue is considered in the dash cam seen as a top performer made in Korea. The DR 650 gives you front and back I run the 64g card and use the viewer app off my IPhone. I transfer vids recorded via its built in wifi. I'm too lazy to remove the card to my pc.

8. Kaiju

Kaiju Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That looks nice. Did you hard wire it so you can use the parking monitor feature? Does it work well? How are the maps? I know the ones I was looking at used Google maps, and looked pretty good.

9. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've been running an Itronics 100-HD for a few years and love it. I just bought the next model up Itronics 100-SPW. It is the same quality but a few more features:

-connect on smartphone to change all settings and view recorded footage
    - parking mode
    - little higher FPS
    - up to 64gb sd card
    - gps

10. Chippy

Chippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maps are google. A lot of adjustment in software to set up your parking mode the built in wifi is what really sold me as well as I know some others out their claim higher specs. It I looked at picture quality side by side reviews and the Blackvue was always as good or better. Good luck.
    I also installed the power magic unit which you can set so that it will let the cam continue to record until the battery voltage falls to a safe level but never drain so you can't start.