SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Dealer Changed(STOLE) Billet707's Hellcat Order

8K views 65 replies 25 participants last post by  Billet707 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATED WITH BILLETS STOLEN ORDER

Billet707 Got a VIN On May 2nd, 2015 for what he thought was his A8 Transmission

Thanks RS that's me.
I was just asked 3 weeks ago if I would switch to an M6 but I declined.
This VIN should be for a Billet Silver/red interior A8.
He then called SRT to confirm after I had an issue with what transmission was listed on mine and got this

I just got off the phone with SRT and they confirmed the transmission is now an M6. I ordered the A8. This is one of the VON's that went D1 on Saturday. SRT says they can't give me anymore information because the order is no longer in my name. I'm trying to get ahold of the dealer to see if they will fess to what they did.
I would advise anyone who went D1 on Saturday has an A8 should call SRT. This is now CubeMan and myself that it got switched without our knowledge.
He then called his dealer.

Just spoke to the dealer.......They used my order and gave it to a customer that wanted an M6.
They never asked me or informed me of this switch. His claim is what we've heard around here is no more A8's for MY15.
My problem with this is why not just put another order in with mine(It would have been their only other order)and just let it get picked up over mine since it's an M6. Now I don't have a VON.
They just wanted the easiest way to get a car.
Dealer confirmed they did the change without me knowing.
The fishy part is all the talk from FCA making sure orders were customer sold orders then allowing my dealer to change a my sold order(A8) to another customer sold order(M6) using the same VON(mine that didn't have a VIN yet). The now effectively takes me out of line. Dealer was kind enough to let me know they'll put my order back in when the order banks reopen.
IF YOU WENT D1 WITH AN A8 TRANSMISSION (OR THOUGHT YOU HAD AN A8) CALL SRT AND YOUR DEALER

#2 ·
Wow, I'm sorry to hear this... It's pretty obvious what the dealer did. If you don't take it, he knows someone else will. Maybe at a mark up price.

#3 ·
Thanks for doing this Cube. Off to my dealer now to check on my A8.

Reactions: hellcat1
#13 ·
All is good on my end. Went D1 Sat 5/2. Just got back from dealer...dealer connect says D1 with an A8, so as far as I can tell, nothing changed on my end. Also got a current POC printout from about an hour ago for my records.

#4 ·
VINs do not change when options change. What's the new VIN? And what's the status of your original VIN? Any down payment? Any contract with signatures stating options ordered?

Whatever you do, do not accept the car as it sits without exactly what you ordered or a hefty discount in price.

#5 ·
VINs do not change when options change. What's the new VIN? And what's the status of your original VIN? Any down payment? Any contract with signatures stating options ordered?

Whatever you do, do not accept the car as it sits without exactly what you ordered or a hefty discount in price.
In my case the dealer took my VON(in my name), which was associated with a signed order and deposit, and changed the order to an M6 and sold it to another customer that wanted a M6. They told me they'll put my order back in when the order banks open for MY16. So now do I lose any benefit to having a carryover VON and any price hold/perk associated with an order placed in 2015?

#8 ·
When i took the original VIN from the dealer and what Resumespeed posted from the VON

UPDATE: Visiting the dealership, the owner claimed he was told to change all autos to manuals, his manager said no that was suppose to be only one order. In the end we looked at the POC and printed a copy for me less then an hour old, it shows the auto transmission but FCA says its manual?

Currently on the phone with SRT

#9 ·
noboost is 100% correct, Breach of Contract. Don't even waste your time or breath with the dealer anymore, f^ck them. Get yourself a good contract attorney and get the ball rolling!!

#10 ·
Why do I have a feeling FCA is taking VONs from dealers, changing them to manuals, and handing them out where they want the car to go? Perhaps that sounds crazy, and I have to admit I would never think it possible, but hasn't it been proven already that this process continues to blow the mind?

#14 ·
If they would just stop with the games this crap wouldn't be happening. As customers we shouldn't have to jump through hoops, get leaked info, call SRT constantly, tell our dealers what's going on and basically babysit a possible lottery win.

Build the damn cars in order and stop screwing around. Either that or cancel all of them. We're in May, if they don't know what's what yet, they're in serious trouble

#21 ·
Build the damn cars in order and stop screwing around.
In the ideal world, I'm sure that FCA would love to do it that way because it would be the most cost efficient. The caveat is that production numbers would go down, cost per unit would go up (and likely overall sales would go down). Additionally employees would be frequently layed off (and probably seek jobs elsewhere because of inability to pay their bills and support their families) ultimately leading to an inexperienced work force and declining quality of the product.

The reality is that any auto (or most other types) manufacturer depends on outsourced companies for electronics, interiors, tires, etc. in order to meet customer demands. As long as their are choices (M6 v/s A8 etc.) there are no guarantees as to which options will be in greatest demand at any given time. If there's a sudden rush on Sublime Green, A8's, Sepia Laguna leather, etc., they do their best to get orders in to the supplier and hope that the demand can be met on time. Usually, it all works well, but in the end the manufacturer is at the mercy of the supplier. Keep in mind that suppliers usually have to have multiple accounts in order to survive in the free market economy.

Let's go back to your original suggestion to "build the damn cars in order...". If there's a shortage of any of the options, should they shut the line down and wait until those options are available? Can you imagine the bitching that would ensue if they did it that way, your way? In order to keep the line going (and I won't even get into the economics of stopping and restarting the assemby process) they do it the way they are currently doing it; they make use of the materials at hand and try to satisfy as many people as possible knowing that some will be unhappy. There are many people who spend far more money on an Audi, Mercedes or BMW and accept the cars "as is" off the dealer's lot. I have never ordered one of those cars, but I am aware that special orders generally have to be made the model year before the car actually comes ut. I don't read any of those blogs, but do they whine the same way as some do here?

Stop contemplating your umbilicus, stop whining, and take a look at the grander scheme of things. It's a big world out there, you're not in Kansas any more. I'm sorry that you're not happy, but life isn't always fair. Just saying!

Reactions: Snappycat
#18 ·
If FCA is wrong, then we are all...(insert adjective here). It is their system and Brampton builds what is in their que...I think, hope, anticipate...lol

#33 ·
TIG and GTS both make great points. GTS's post makes sense in regards to business and economics principles. A very well thought out and accurate post. TIG makes sense as well in that cars exactly like he ordered are being delivered even though they were ordered long after his. So it does have to come down to the dealers standing and allocation position with FCA. Nothing happens until you get a VIN...agreed? Why do some go VIN in a month or three while others languish in the nut rot world of VON HELL for 250+ days? It is because of allocations.....And don't say "tell us something we don't already know Captain Obvious." OK...my feeling is that if Dodge is going to address 9/9 orders, that it will happen toward the end of MY2015. Why? Because if they hold some allocations in reserve and apply them to oldest order first, then their network of dealers can't complain too much as they have "already had their fun" with ADM's. Insert A8 wild card at any time.

Reactions: Q5Dart
#35 ·
Stay tuned....when FCA finally makes an announcement on rollovers, build priorities, pricing changes or not for the 2015 VON's a lot of folks will know where they stand. I say "clenz" all Vons of duplicates and dealer stock orders, hold current pricing and no MY 2016 VIN's get issued until all 2015"s have their VIN's first.

Reactions: Q5Dart
#41 ·
Billet can do both. Place the order for 2016 and also follow your advice. Just make sure the deposit, if any, with the dealer is 100% refundable at any time.

Reactions: Billet707
#43 ·
Another minor thought.......Dealers ability to modify an order stopped on 3/10 when ordering also shut down. The changes to your order could only have been done by the local FCA rep after that date. If the name on your order was changed to the person who is getting your car with the M6,, then FCA is complicit as well. Surprising they didn't ask why the name change...just curious.

#44 ·
I hope billet luck with this. I'm like him waiting for my A8 order which as long as I'm not done wrong don't mind at all waiting.

I see it like this on a car that I plan to drive a pay for for a few years it'll be exactly how I want it.I've gave it the ol college try looking for my car but won't settle on anything. And besides this would be my 3rd play vehicle I'm not dieing without it just dieing to get it.

#46 ·
WTF??? Chrysler just towed my car out of my garage and brought it back to the Dealership to sell to someone else!!!!!

...Something about "not enough Hellcats to go around so we all have to learn to share" ????

:D:D:D

#57 ·
This seems to be a emotional topic that I'm reluctant to jump into but I may be able to help clarify some confusion about the "law". I am a lawyer and a lawyer that represented car dealerships. I have been doing it for over 20 years so I sometimes know what I'm talking about. I have also worked at one of the manufacturers so I know a little about that end too (not FCA). In most States, the buyer's order is not a contract but only exactly what it's called, an "Order". Now the laws may vary slightly State to State but I'm talking in generalities here.

When does the agreement become binding? When you take delivery of the car it is binding. If you pay in cash, the agreement to purchase is binding when you pay. If you finance, it is binding when you sign the retail installment contract (with some exceptions about getting approved). Up until that time, you can walk away and ask for your deposit back or the dealer can cancel your order and return your money. While most States require that the cash transaction be in writing, not all do. Federal law and most State laws require finance agreements to be in writing and the agreements have to follow the law in regards to what terms are contained in them. For the most part, the States care only about finance contracts and DMV paperwork, not buyer's orders.

Whether its fair or not, it's the law in many areas. Great example is when I canceled my Bob Frederick order and bought off another dealer's lot. If he attempted to keep my deposit, I would have dragged his ass to court so quickly he would gotten whiplash. However, Bob is an experienced dealer and knew he couldn't keep my money and returned it the same day I asked for it.

In regards to what the dealer did here, whether it was legal or not, it was still a ass-bag thing to do and I would be pissed. I would get my money back, hit the phones and find a Cat on a forgotten dealer's lot somewhere. There may not be many but they are out there. I found mine in NY and had it shipped to Vegas. I had to be flexible on color and options but now that it is 4 months after I took delivery, I don't even think about the specs on the one I ordered.

#56 ·
Thanks for this info. Been away from the site for a couple of days and come back to this. I just got off the phone with SRT and they confirmed my order is still an A8 order, and my build date has been moved up to 6/15. I'm glad you guys are on this and sorry for those who are being screwed around. Hope you get what you ordered good luck.

#58 ·
Thanks for the input Rob...good stuff to know.

Reactions: RobM
#60 ·
I didn't sign anything until delivery. When I placed my order we just worked out all the options I wanted, settled on a price, negotiated trade-in on my 392 and away we went.

I then recieved a POC via e-mail - 105 days later I was living in Hellcat Country!
Suppose every dealer is different. I completed a Retail Buyers Order first. It listed all the options, pricing, deposit, and customer signature. Once completed, we entered the order in the system and out came the POC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.