dealer mess up my exhaust

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT 392' started by Sash, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Sash

Sash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    hello everyone this is my first post here but I'm not new in to mopars,here is what happened i took my challenger 392 to dealer for whining rear end thy replace the rear axle assembly when i went to pick up the car i start it and the exhaust sound kind of chocked down, but I'm thinking is in my head and i move on,on the way home i defiantly hear the deference she is quiet,what did thy passably mess up?install actuators left to right and now close is open and open is closed? here is a little video of my charger scat pack and challenger srt392 same exhaust same motor let me know what you think

2. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sash.... First of all. Welcome to the forum!!

Love those cars. Sorry to admit this but my hearing isn't all that great anymore so I couldn't hear a difference
    between the two cars. I bet that someone else will watch the video and chime in that they DO hear what you
    are talking about and then offer up some opinions.

I do know that the active exhaust has two "valves" built into the exhaust system back near the rear end and I'm
    betting that if they were not plugged back into the 12VDC system that you would notice it. I'd also expect that
    you'd have a indication on your instrument cluster that something need to be checked.

Good luck to you. I'm sure some one else will chime in with some thoughts.

3. Sash

Sash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    the next day when i start up the car check engine come up so i took the car back thy told me the fuse was missing and charged me 60$ now the light is of but the sound is not there and on the high rpm she dos not pull as strong ........god i hate dealers.

4. charger440rt

charger440rt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How can they charge you $60? That car is 'new' and under warranty. Go to a different dealer but first open a case with Dodge themselves to document this all and likely you will get your $60 back assuming they charged this because the fuse was missing, despite it being them who likely left the fuse out during the prior service. If they want to claim not, then the factory left it out, (and that is still under warranty).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sash

Sash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    i know i just didn't want to argue with the person so i just told them ill pay you just fix my car please,i have send this video back to him and deferent bigger dealer service department and see what thy say if thy replay to my email if not ill just take my car back to the other dealer and also the new rear end is louder than the first one WTF.....LOL my great luck.

6. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    charger440rt.....You took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Sash...That's good advice and I hate dealers myself! Most of us can feel your pain. That said, if and when you
    find a dealer that you can trust, or at least tolerate, stay with them!

Good luck.

7. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    not enough for me to determine any difference with only a few blips on the throttle.

Maybe if you find someone with a go pro you can mount it on the back somehow and take it for a ride. open it up and then compare
    maybe then it would be more pronounced.

Matt

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sash

Sash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    i took this at 10pm i didn't want to make a more noise i only blip the throttle to 2k the challenger is defiantly hallow and thin sound vs charger deep and throaty

9. Sash

Sash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    thy you guys to go back and forth 30sec and 50sec in the video go back and forth you will hear the deference.

10. charger440rt

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If anything its those cut outs not opening when they should. A good dealer can easily test that. If they work correct then its possible you are just being extra critical because of your bad experience. Don't take that the wrong way, its something we are all prone to under the circumstances they put you through.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  11. Sash

Sash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    thats is what i am thinking is going on the actuators are not opening properly,any idea what could be wrong?

12. charger440rt

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If that was the case it could be damaged wiring, which would also explain the 'mystery' fuse issue. Another possibility, it was only the fuse and now you are good but over-analyzing at this point. Remember every car sounds a little different, even moreso Charger vs Challenger.

13. Sash

Sash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    you think should i take it to a deferent dealer to have it checked out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It s like taking your child to the doctor, you want only the best and you will be critical of who does what.
    I would have it looked at, but to be charged for a missing fuse(?) not that dealer.

I wonder if a call to SRT to explain what happend would light a fire under the dealer to make it right?

Matt