Dealer Options?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rollieman, Feb 3, 2016.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I need your much valued advice.

It looks like my Challenger Hellcat may be arriving at the dealer any day now ----- I hope !!

In the past when I've picked up new cars at the dealer they always try to get me to purchase an extended warrantee or some kind of paint and fabric treatment.

I'm having the car flat bedded to a detail shop for CQuarts and Expel so all set there; but, not sure what to do about an extended warrantee ?

Due to the complexity of this car I definitely want an extended warrantee but sure what's the best approach?

Thank you !

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. j_niko

j_niko Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got no dealer add-ons. Didn't seem necessary. extended warranty....maybe

3. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did extended warranty. No regrets. :cool:

4. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never buy an extended warranty but that is just my opinion. Some dealers will negotiate the premium as they get half of it as commission in most cases. That is why they push it.

5. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never buy an extended warranty but that is just my opinion. Some dealers will negotiate the premium as they get half of it as commission in most cases. That is why they push it.

6. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not big on extended warranties but I got one on this car. Relatively new model, still working the bugs out and as you say very complex. It's not the big stuff that will get you, as we have a pretty good powertrain warranty. It's the alternators, seat motors and especially electronics that will make you wish you had it. Everything on this car is a couple of thousand dollars to replace.

DO NOT buy one from the dealer. We have a great resource in Chrysler Warranty Direct. At the very least get a price from Rodney and see if they can beat it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. graybear

graybear Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have seen way too many extended warranty companies go broke over the years. Usually the executives raid all the money and leave no money left to pay the claims. I used to see this all the time when operating a repair shop. I had more people who thought they were covered get screwed than ever got reimbursed for their claims. I would never buy a extended warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In the words of homer Simpson extended warranty how can I lose doh.

9. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree 3rd party warranties no bueno. Go only through FCA.

10. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Like some of the others have said, I do not purchase extended warranties on my vehicles, but I purchased the extended warranty on the Hellcat because 2015 was the first year this engine was produced. I have had no issues whatsoever with my HC, but I do not regret the extended warranty at all. If I were you I would pass on the other dealer add ons, because they are normally a rip off.

April

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i drive mine 2,000 miles a year.....no extended warranty for me......if its a weekend car i would buy nothing...if its a full time driver id consider it...its a dodge and they dont have the best reputation for reliability.......i bought mine accepting i will have above average # of problems along the way

12. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed with this.. Don't buy from the dealer, buy it from Rodney, he's awesome and way way cheaper for the same thing. You have until 12,000 miles to add it also so you don't have to decide today

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Chryslerwarrantydirect is your best option. My dealer wanted to charge 3x the price for the warranty and insisted the lifetime warranty would work even though our userbase already found out it wouldn't.

14. EarlW

EarlW Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ^^Concur^^..

Just picked a 7yr/60k extended warranty from Rodney @ Chrysler Warranty Direct with a tire and wheel package add-on for a 2015 Challenger Hellcat. Very easy, quick and inexpensive..... Recommend giving him a shout if you are in the market for an extended warranty.....

Earl

15. RAMBLE1

RAMBLE1 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On many of our cars, we had an extended warranty, all Chrysler warranties. It is a secure feeling knowing if problems occur, I let Chrysler fix the problem. On some of the vehicles, you will save, as the repairs would have cost more than the warranty cost. I suggest that you do a Google and search for Chrysler extended warranties. The last three vehicles, we owned, had an extended warranty that was purchased at different Chrysler dealerships, comparative shopping. This takes a few days to do a search and follow-up, but you will be surprised at the price difference! I would only consider a Chrysler warranty. Check all the options and various lengths of warranty and pick the one that works for you.

We currently own a 2015 Challenger Hellcat and if we were to keep this great car, it would have a Chrysler warranty. We have on order a 2017 Yellow Jacket Challenger Hellcat. If we keep this car past three years, it will have a Chrysler extended warranty.

2015 Challenger Hellcat Sublime A8 #378