Dealer plates driving sideways!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by 81cj8, Jul 2, 2015.

1. 81cj8

81cj8 Worth the wait!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Today I saw a black hellcat challenger with dealer plates lay down rubber for about 200-300 feet after it took a corner sideways. (IN TRAFFIC!!) Happened in Pueblo Colorado. I hope this was the new owner and not a car being enjoyed by someone else before delivery. Possibly the dealer forgot to remove the plates??? The owner of the dealership owns a sublime hellcat challenger, so I don't think this was his. Hopefully no one on this forum is heading to pueblo to pick up a black hellcat.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lol. I love how everyone assumes the worst case scenario when they see a dealer plate.

I love it when I am driving my car with my tech uniform on and people stop at a light and threaten to call my dealership on the way I am driving a Hellcat. I don't even bother telling them it's mine. I just give them the thumbs up.

I wonder how dumb they feel when they call my dealership all up in arms cause I am hot rodding a customers Hellcat then they find out it's actually my personal vehicle.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ^Agreed. I run a collision center and people always assume the worst. With all the things people think we do to their cars how in the world do we have any time to actually service them?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. 81cj8

81cj8 Worth the wait!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Notch, I think it's easy for "the worst" to pop up in people's minds bc of all of the stories of dealership techs wrecking/joyriding their customers cars. One plane crash might only directly affect 100-200 families, while the story of the crash can make thousands of people afraid to fly.
    Congrats on the new car! I think your dealership's customers are lucky to have a tech own a car like this.

Can you enlighten me though? What's the point of driving your personal car around with dealer plates?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Themip

Themip Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    People be jelly.
    3rd day I had my cat I got reported for reckless driving on my way to work. They said I was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. Supervisor comes and chews me out because reporting party said I was even wearing my uniform (deputy sheriff).
    Funny thing is that day I know I was going only 2 over the entire way to work because I was behind a state trooper the entire way. And to top it off I definitely wasn't wearing my uniform. The sergeant had to pull parking lot video for me to prove myself. Guess someone at work doesn't like me. Now every day when I come to work every supervisor I see says good morning speedy. I could have a much worse nickname I guess haha.
    Bottom line is people will be jealous.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    He didn't say he was different sentence.

7. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't roll around with dealer plates on my personal car it has a regular plate. But when people look in the car and see me wearing my uniform when I am going to lunch people seem to automatically assume I am joy riding a customers car to lunch.

But when we have a used Viper on the lot from time to time I take those home and out to car shows and meets to try to help sell the vehicle. I roll with dealer plates when I do that. It's used and un sold so it's not critical.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You need window tint! LOL

I would never wear my uniform driving back/forth to work personally, but I know some do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I change when I go home and come in...but sometimes if I am clean and not dirty as hell from whatever I was working on in the morning for lunch I take the Hellcat.

10. Themip

Themip Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yea the next day i went out and got tint. But thats the thing i wasnt wearing my uniform, some do here as well but you are technically supposed to put a coat or cover over your uniform for your own safety. So tinted or not they just didnt like my car and must of seen me pulling into the station. Identified as Dark colored charger with paper plates. Thats how my work pointed the finger at me haha. Mine was the only one in the lot with dealer plates still on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would wet my pants for sure if I was goofing off and saw another Hellcat, looked over and you were sitting in it in your uniform!!:eek: LOL let me just say "Thank you" for all the people in your town that see your Hellcat and get overzealous and try to show off. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Major cravings for a 711 station hotdog?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. 81cj8

81cj8 Worth the wait!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tomorrow I'm all about Nathan's