Dealer pulls fast one, SRT Saves the day

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CubeMan, Oct 8, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So most of you know in the other thread a dealer chipped my rim during service. I brought the service manager out and he took pictures and said he would take a look at the pictures when it was dropped off and compare and let me know in two days as he had to view the security footage and the photos.

10 minutes later after pulling out of the lot the Service manager called me and let me know they accept the damages and will order a replacement rim, I saved that voice-mail cause i just got the vibe this isn't going to end well.

2 Weeks after a few phone calls and leaving voice mails I got either ignored and sent to voicemail that never go calls back, or got "It'll be here when it comes here". I called another local dealer and asked for the part number for the rim and was told they could have the rim in a couple of days. I decided to call SRT and ask for help. Jeff placed a call to the service manager and left a voicemail to assist in getting the rim if there is any backorder issue (Or to find out if they even ordered it all).

Less then 24 hours later, the dealer calls me (Hasn't contacted jeff yet) saying the rim will be there tomorrow and i can have it installed. I setup a time for 10AM.

Today, at 10AM i arrived at the dealer and sat down with the service manager. He walked into the back and 5 minutes later came back saying

SM: "So be honest with me, did you curb the rim leaving and are blaming us?"
    Me: "What the hell are you talking about? You saw that i didnt do anything to the car"
    SM: "One of my foreman say he saw you back the car out of the space, curb it then back it back in then come out and look at that wheel"
    Me: "Are you kidding me? What service man? There were valet all over that were there also who saw me point out the damage before hitting or leaving anything."
    Me: "My girlfriend was in my Charger and she would have said something to me"
    SM: "I can't name him, sorry but we won't replace the rim now. If i knew this fact i wouldn't have ordered it in the first place"
    Me: "You saw the photos, check the security footage proving i didn't hit shit with the car or give me the rim."
    SM: "Unfortunately our security footage only goes 10 days back"
    Me: "I have the voicemail of you accepting damages and ordering a replacement, i'll take this to small claims for the MSRP price of the rim"
    SM: "Alright hold on"

He then types up the work order and i sign it and i thought all was good, He tried to make me pay out of pocket.

I sit down expecting the new rim and call Jeff and let him know all is well, the rim is here and i informed him of them trying to say i caused the damage and he was surprised and said get this rim done and don't come back to this dealer and call him if there are anymore issues.

Suddenly the owner calls me into his office.

Owner: "In good faith i don't know who to believe, the person who worked for me for 15 years or my customer who are never wrong"
    Owner: "We can go 50/50 on the rim cost and thats the bottom line"
    Owner: "The foreman didn't come up to you guys when he was taking photos becuse he didn't know you were filing a claim on

After 5 minutes of arguing they then pulled in the foreman who said what i was told, he said he was talking to the body shop guy who was originally working on my car, who then changed to another service advisor because he wasn't sure who he was talking to.

I then reassured i would leave here, file small claims and leave 1 star reviews for the bullshit taking place and waking me up on my day off to come here just to get ringed and blamed.

The owner got visibly angry and this went down

Owner: "Don't ******* be vindictive, leaving those reviews will hurt no one but yourself in the long term"

I called SRT again, and transferred to Jeff. The owner and Jeff argued and i have the call recorded

Jeff: Hey this is Jeff, I was told you accepted damages and now you don't want to replace the rim?
    Owner: My foreman said that Cubeman curbed his rim then backed into the space and just came forward today
    Jeff: Why didn't he come forward two weeks a-

Jeff and the owner argued, suddenly then Jeff literally said **** this and covered the cost of the rim. Zero out of my pocket. The dealer questioned me and who i worked for and what i did that SRT just did that and hung up and authorized it immediately.

The SM and owner left the room and came back in after talking and told me to wait in the waiting area. 45 Minutes later the rim was changed without a scratch that i can see, When walking up the car the SM shook my hand and asked if i needed anything at cost parts wise to let him know and he would get it no questions asked.

The owner shook my hand and pulled me towards him and said i hope our business can remain.

Two hours later the owner called me offering me the rim they damaged as a "token of gratitude". I currently told them i do not know if i want it and believe I should rather spread the bullshit of this dealership, then take a rim for a spare. Saving other people the pain of ever shopping or service here.

Pending audio release depending on the route i take and if Jeff won't mind.
    I

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Wow, that's a heck of an ordeal.
    Good to have the SRT team back you up.
    Why do you think all this took place?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealer wanted to try to recoop anything on the rim if they could, They wouldn't be offering me at cost parts or the damaged rim for free if otherwise they knew they were pulling a fast one on me.

1) They took two weeks to get a rim that would have taken another dealer less then 15 minutes away to get in 3 days. I assume they hoped I'd give up on it
    2) They got a call from Jeff from SRT and realized i wouldn't give up They planned it out to bring me in with the rim then get at-least half cost

after Jeff covered me they realized that pissing off one of the main people they have to go through for any SRT warranty claims on the customer side i assume they realized they had to make amends or SRT might start steering them away for service and or sales. Not to mention my social presence in the area with car meets and shows.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Yeah...

5. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Take the wheel and don't go back there if you can avoid it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    This, get the spare fixed. Lol...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Man, your first paint chip is probably going to put you into cardiac arrest.

Do you own a personal defibrillator?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This really sucks that happened to you. I would take the rim and speak to Jeff who I'm sure he has something in mind for these guys. I think them ruining a relationship with SRT is going to hurt them more in the long run than anything you can do hence the reason for them kissing your but afterwards.

• Like Like x 3
  9. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Considering my front bumper is covered in chips i couldn't care. That's what dr. colorchip is for. When you curb a rim that can't be fixed by dr.colorchip I'm entitled to replacement.

LMK when the dealer curbs your rim and you just deal with it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DrRouse

DrRouse Rookie Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How does one call SRT?
    Whee did you find the phone number?

11. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have to be a knob supporter on this forum, you get access to private numbers

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  12. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Wait a minute, maybe I missed something... they "curbed" your wheel, too? If that's the case I apologize, I didn't see that.

I thought they did only this, in which case, I would have touched it up and been done with it.

[​IMG]

13. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah that is a bunch of crap... I generally try to take the high road when there is an issue or problem. But in this case you're letting the community know how this dealership treats it's customers. I think you presented your case in the only way you could... I'm certain some employee caused the damage and is trying to protect his own skin/butt. I know the owner doesn't really know what happened and I'm sure he doesn't want to eat the rim himself and only has what his employees are telling him. But... The icing on the cake was how the owner treated you and how he was while on the phone with the SRT rep. after you told him your story... two faced, as he changes his tone when SRT agrees to pay (Great on SRT's Part) then he wants to keep your business... I say guilty as charged. I'm not sure I wouldn't bash him but I would definitely make everyone aware of what happened... then they can make their own decision. (You already did this with the exception of the letting everyone know the dealership... your call)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had a physical chunk of metal over a quarter inch long missing from my rim.

15. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get the spare rim, drive by there at night a chuck it into a window of their car. When they call you say my formen saw one of your works do it.