Dealer said second half of year but have a VON

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Meat, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Meat

Meat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I searched the forums and couldn't find the answer to my question:

When I got on the dealer's Hellcat waiting list, I was told that he was expecting 3 allocations for the second half of 2016. I was first in line and was put into the SRT system (have a VON) 1/12/2016. I checked with SRT and my VON has a BG status (passed edit n/a for schedule).

Does it seem like the car might still be built in the 2nd half of 2016? (A8 Granite Crystal)

2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Meat, Many of us sat with a VON last year for months and months. Did they take a deposit? " Expecting three allocations" is a definite maybe. How big of Dealership is this and how many Hellcats 15/16 have they delivered? Did they offer the car at or below MSRP? Do they have a lot of non HC Challengers on the lot for sale? All of these are factors in whether they get another HC allotment. You need an A8 allotment for your Dealership. I'll check back in on this thread later today.

• Like Like x 1
  3. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    BG status is good but you'll need D1 to guarantee the build. Hang in there and don't be afraid to ask your dealer for his/her help with leveraging the resources of the regional rep. Good luck!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Meat

Meat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am in Huntsville, AL so none of the dealerships compare to a big city.

Will pay MSRP and have receipt saying such. I put down $1500. They have chargers and challengers on their lot but no hellcats. I am the first 2016 hellcat they will sell. They did sell at least one 2015 challenger hellcat last year but I am not sure if they sold more than that.

I thought for 2016 the dealer must have an allocation to be able to put it into the SRT system.

They got 2 allocations at one time. One A8 and one M6. Since I was first in line I got what I wanted which is the A8.

Thank you in advance for the help/information.

5. bolivarshagnasty

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe someone else can chime in here. Will the ordering system allow VON's without an allocation as was the case last year? If what you are saying is true Meat, then you should receive a VIN in the next few weeks. Did the Dealership tell you they HAD an allocation for your A8 or were waiting on an allocation as you implied in your first post? Big difference.

6. Meat

Meat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was initially on the waiting list to get an allocation. When the allocation came in (a couple months later) they called me with the news and verified my options. Then they sent me the VON from SRT and the BA status at that time.

For 2016 models, my understanding is that a dealer must have an allocation to put in a hellcat order into the SRT system.

7. mnm327

mnm327 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rumor is that dealers have been given ALL of their allocation for the year (loosely as I know there will be additional allocations later this year based on what was not taken already). So if this is the case then that would mean there was a large influx of orders a couple weeks back. So I think Meat's question, which is much like mine, is just because we have a VON and an the allocation, does mean that the cars will start to be built sooner rather than later? or is there really this large pile of orders waiting to be fulfilled and it could be until november before they actually start to build mine?

<insert more confusion here>

• Like Like x 1
  8. bolivarshagnasty

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Given on what I'm reading here, your cars will be picked up for build in the near future. The allocation system is in place because of the fiasco that went on last year where Dodge/SRT accepted too many orders into their ordering system and couldn't fulfill all of them. The allotment system is supposed to correct that situation. If you don't get a VIN # in the next few weeks, call SRT and ask about it. Both of you should be following ResumeSpeeds thread "Breaking News-Dodge Challenger". RS has access to the ordering/status system and forum members are able to ask about the status of their VIN's. RS cannot look up the status of VON #s. That thread will give you an idea of how the cars build progresses. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr.Jason

Mr.Jason Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    NO VIN # = NO CAR I have a PCP Charger Hell Cat w/ stripe option with a VIN#. Order JAN 12, 2016 VIN# 1-week later. I have built & ordered 4 SRT's & 1-RAM in the past.

You get the VON & Order sheet then usually 1-2 weeks later the dealer will get you THE MUST HAVE VIN # you can get that from the dealer, expect 7-8 weeks for build & delivery on most cars FCA builds...Hell Cats vary, why? because it's a Hell Cat.

With out a VIN # and YOUR NAME on the order sheet showing 1 RETAIL SOLD ORDER you have NOTHING, NOTHING notta.... zero..... nothing....no car.... does not exist...period.

A VON does not mean Jack Squat A VON = 0 Nothing 0......

When you have a VIN you have a car...and it helps to have YOUR NAME on the order!

10. Meat

Meat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It seems like the system has changed a bit from last year. When people are getting a VON now it is coming with a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) which includes the build status (often BA), Order Type (Retail), Scheduling Priority (1-Sold Order), including all pricing, name of dealership, name of customer, ordered by ID etc. I am sure Jason's 2016 came with the same form as the rest of us. That was never the question.

The question is more about the process for 2016's (which is different from the system used for 2015's) after the order is officially in the SRT system. Does getting a VON in January mean that it will be built earlier or will it probably still be built in the second half of the year?

11. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Meat,

"For 2016 models, my understanding is that a dealer must have an allocation to put in a hellcat order into the SRT system."

This is my understanding as well. The system will NOT accept an order, or issue a VON, unless the dealer has an allocation. The system is much better than the 2015 system.

Check with your dealer, have them go online to verify your VON and check to see if a VIN has been issued yet. You can also try calling SRT,855-778-8326, they might be able to tell you if a VIN has ben issued for your VON,

Good luck, :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. BluRidge

BluRidge Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Based on my experience I believe you are correct (I'm in the same boat). I originally ordered back in late 2014, had a VON but never got built and the order was eventually scrapped. Late 2015 received the $5K voucher from Dodge and asked my dealer to put in a new order for 2016. Was told they cannot put in an order until they have the actual allocation...so the waiting began. A couple of weeks ago I got the call that they have an allocation (to be built in April), so I placed the order and I received a POC with a VON (BA status for now). So presumably some time in April the status will change and hopefully I will see the car in June/July. I'm pretty sure your dealer can find for you out approx. when your specific allocation is scheduled to come up for build. Given what we have all been through over the last year or so, though, I could be dead wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Meat

Meat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you BluRidge. Maybe contacting my dealer would be best. I didn't realize they would actually have any info on the matter.

14. mrmopar340

mrmopar340 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yes this is corret no von no order von is same day you order if you need help Contact me 816 666 3952 will hep have have dealer acess

15. mrmopar340

mrmopar340 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if they do not have a allocation they do NOT GET A VON !!!!!!

• Like Like x 1