Dealer staff negligence? Damage to front bumper again...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Nitemare, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Some of you may remember me hitting the tire shreds a few weeks ago and having some paint damage and fog light misalignment. I took the car to the dealer to have the foglight realigned, the Uconnect update done, and the lower black fascia plastic on the front replaced since it was damaged in transit (the piece where the license plate goes).

I drop my car off Thursday night and pick it up Friday evening. I don't notice these marks on the top of the front bumper just above the headlight, but I did notice that the foglights weren't touched even though they said they fixed them, but they did the software update.

These are gouges into the plastic that went through the paint. One spot didn't gouge but just flaked the paint. There was white residue around the large spots in the first photo but I rubbed it off with my finger when I was outraged by seeing it... I don't think this could be caused by anything on the road. I certainly haven't hit anything, and 4-5 separate spots that all look alike? My car is not around other vehicles at home, and nobody in my family said anything touched it. I work for a police department and I highly doubt anyone would have accidentally done this, or how they could have managed to do it, especially where I park!

I never noticed this before I dropped the car off at the dealer, and I washed the car meticulously about a week before. I saw this yesterday which is why I feel it happened at the dealership. The car has been pretty dirty the past week so it took some close looking to notice it apart from the bug splatters and such. The car is going back there within a few weeks for paint issues as is. How should I handle this?! I'm so upset... :mad::(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cruizinrc

cruizinrc HCC New Jersey State President Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would bug myself
    Last picture looks like touch of paint was added to one of them

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ugh, I am really sorry this has happened to you! It sucks big time. Personally, how I handled this situation would depend on what sort of relationship I had witht he dealership in question. If it is a good one, call and talk with the Service Manager. If you get no satisfaction from the dealership or do not feel comfortable doing that, go to a collision center and see if these marks can be wet sanded and buffed out, as that would be the easiest fix. If the dealership does not cooperate, then I would find a different dealership to handle my future HellCat service needs. I really hope this works out well for you, let us know, please.

April

• Like Like x 1