Dealer washed my car!!!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by mixiao, Nov 25, 2015.

1. mixiao

mixiao Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Buying a new car is an exciting thing. The new car smell, the roar of the new engine and the shiny new paint. In my case the shiny new paint was damaged by the dealer. They dusted the car with probably an old towel. I didn't come to realize this till the next day when I took the car out in the sun.

I had swirl marks everywhere as well as some paint imperfections that came from the factory. You can't imagine the disappointment I felt after paying big money for this car.

For the heck of driving and forgetting about it I drove to Vegas the next day. The roar of he Hellcat can't be beat. But then I got to Vegas and my car was still messed up. Woke up and searched Yelp and I found Gloss-It. Yelp 5 star reviews all around. I'm like this may be the place to help me out.

I called them up an spoke to the owner Rich. He said sure bring the car in and we'll take a look at it. Right away when you see their facility and walk into the shop you see a black Corvette that is shinier than anything I've seen before. I'm like if they can do that, They can fix my car.

Rich and Jacob took the time to explain the process and what it would take to get the paint and swirl problems fixed. He then showed me a lot of the products and things that they would be using. I'm like you certainly know what you talking about. Get her done.

They called me back around 4 and said the car is ready come pick it up. Turned out Rich had done the car himself and really took care of much more than the stuff we discussed. Right away I can see a huge huge difference on the car I have left just a couple hours back. Swirl marks were gone. The car was already much more brilliant than when I left it.

He then proceeded to show me how to apply even more shine to the car. We did just a portion of the car, the trunk in this case. This Quarts product he sells is just incredible. The best way I can described the results is to think of clear nail polisher after you apply it. How shiny your nails look. That's how shiny my car looks. It's absolutely breath taking. Rich took the time to explain some of the other products he sells and their application. You can bet I bought some more stuff.

Overall the results are well worth the price. I am now grinning ear to ear, as one should when you buy a new car. All three things are there now. The new car Smell, the roar of a big engine (Hellcat) and the very very Shiny paint.

I would highly recommend their products and their service.

Drove the car back to the hotel. Valet was like what the heck did you do to your car, is shiny as hell. Told him where I did it. He was like I'm going there next time.

Great Job Rich or how I decided to call him. The Walter White of detailing chemicals.

Check the results below...

Gloss It - It's monday and gloss it has a special guest in... | Facebook

IMG_7968.jpg IMG_1745.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
  2. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That actually looks damn good man

3. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    that's what a proper detailer can do :), Glad to hear. It's why i stress dealers to just do the damn service work, Most dealers can barely do that correct so how can we expect them to do good detailing

4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like he did a paint correction, and cquart finest,, looks out standing

5. CAR BUFF

CAR BUFF Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow your car looks great.The paint shines.

6. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice work. Car really pops and the PCP with the satin hood looks killer!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's ******* beautiful

8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    your car most likely came from Dodge with those swirls....its one reason i dont buy dark colored cars

every car but my gt500 was washed by the dealer before delivery...with my gt500 it still had all the factory plastic/protectors on it...took like 10 mins to peel everything off....was a cool experience

i had a dealer wash my 2011 IE after an oil change w.o asking me...i was not happy at all....now i make a huge deal when i walk up and tell them not to wash it...they look at me funny.....i dont think washing the cars is something they normally do....for some reason they did it on my 2011 that day...

9. mixiao

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It had some paint issues when it came from the factory. Specifically in the hood, they are replacing the hood because of that. They washed it for delivery but then the person that ordered it backed out. Then I came in and bought it but it was full of dust from seating in the delivery bay. While I was doing my paperwork they took the car back to the shop to supposedly detail it. They basically took a towel and dusted it. Since the paint is dark I could not see any problems until the next morning. It was full of Swirls.

I usually wash my cars by hands and have all of the instruments and details stuff at home.

Hard to see it on my green one...

IMG_4199.jpg

10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i remember looking at Camaro's when i was servicing the wifes Traverse years ago....a long line of brand new SS's sitting there....all full of swirls w/ 5 miles on each of them......

my 2011 has some swirls on the stripes...it was white, so hard to tell there....light swirls are fixable and most people dont notice or care.....im fussy with that stuff and even limit how many times i wash my cars...i let them get dusty and only wash for shows....(2-3x a year)...

Purple is very dark....its going to be a constant issue...your going to get them back.....my white 2011 showed nothing...my sublime shows a bit......your not going to like that black plastic panel between your tail lights....its going to be full of swirls after a wash or 2...its super soft.........

my plan is every 5 years to take it in to a pro to have my paint de-swirled

11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your going to need a one step paint correction, and some kind of sealant,, then you will be good,,

12. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's why I'm glad I got Ivory pearl. My car sits in the garage without a car cover, its been over two weeks since I last washed it and it still looks clean. Ivory white hides dust and swirl marks the best out of any color. All of my cars from here on will be Ivory white pearl, will gladly pay extra for that paint.

13. bam bam

bam bam Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

did he use C quarts paint finish on it.

14. mixiao

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He has his own brand but basically the same thing I would say. Evo Quartz Coating 7H | 30ml