Dealership joy-ride gone wrong ends up with a Charger in my yard - any leads on replica wheels?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Shroyer, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Shroyer

Shroyer Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hi all!
    So in the past few weeks a lot has happened. 4th of July weekend, I went and dropped off the hellcat to be serviced for an issue that kept the car from starting - turns out there was a shorted wire that ended up draining the battery. She's all fixed and running like a champ now! But, while the dealership had her, someone went and took it for a joyride and ended up causing thousands in undercarriage damage (busted CV, punctured cat, floor dents, ect.). Since then it has been fixed (my insurance picked up the cost since the dealership wouldn't speak to me), I was almost hit by 4 people while driving on the interstate, and had decided that I needed a true daily driver that won't make me have a heart attack everytime someone comes close to the car. So, the dealership that wrecked the Hellcat decided that they would give me a KILLER deal on a loaded 2012 charger R/T+ with less than 20k miles. I took it in a heartbeat.

Now, the wheels are terrible. I'm not a black and chrome fan at all, so I figured a set off hellcat wheels, or the same style SRT wheels powder coated black would look killer (I want the hellcat and charger to match for car shows), but the wheels are almost 2 grand a piece! What the hell! I'm willing to drop some coin for the wheels, but not 8 grand.
    Does anyone know of a company that makes replicas? Or someone who is selling theirs/take offs from a wrecked car? Any info would be awesome.

Thanks all, and welcome the Hellcats baby sister!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow that truly sucks the dealership did that to your car.. I would be absolutely livid! AND would never have bought another car from them, but glad you are happy with it! Looks like a sweet car..

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's bs how could
    You give them money after that

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Shroyer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My good friend from the Jeep world actually just started a sales job there. That's the only reason I went back. And hey, milk it for what it's worth. May have bought the car from them, but the dealership across town is going to do all the work to it haha... They will quite literally never see me again.

• Like Like x 2
  5. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why didn't they pick up the cost of repairs instead of using your insurance? That's wrong on a whole bunch of levels.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Shroyer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They didn't confess to it, but I didn't drive it until the day I found the damage. It wasn't there before (put it on a lift after each dyno pull) and I would have known that I hit something that causes that much damage. They got really nervous when I called them, but they said that I didn't have any proof that they did it and they wouldn't pick up the cost. I would pretty much own the dealership if they would have confessed. It was a huge shit storm, but my insurance took care of me very well. Since then I've been blowing their Facebook up with lots of nasty-grams.

7. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You are the poster child for "how to maintain your cool". I hope the charger was practically free. Plenty of replica wheels available on ebay.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shroyer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They matched the mileage to the price so yeah. Pretty much free.

9. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ugh, I am truly sorry that you had to go through all of that! Grtz on the daily driver, I have been thinking about getting one for myself. As far as those rims, they are not bad looking rims, and they would be badazz looking if they were black. Probably cheaper to have them powder coated than replaced? Just a thought.

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Didnt realize you weren't a guy...updated my post. Id say that explains the cool head but honestly if that happened to my wife she'd be worse than me about it!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Shroyer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I actually found a set of the brass monkey replicas on eBay! Only set me back about $1000, so I'm not too worried about it. This way, I can have both the brass and black wheels to change up the two cars when I want!
    The DD is really giving me the best of both worlds. I can keep the miles on the Cat low, but I can still enjoy the car on weekend road trips.

12. Shroyer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You should have seen me when I first found out about it. I came unglued. Nothing worse than a pissed off short gal, I made myself known in the dealership. It's been about a month since, and I've really come to terms with it. The car will get fixed (all the mechanical parts are on a national back order), and I'm just fortunate the car wasn't damaged any more than it was. I would have broken apart if it was totaled. So, despite the negative, I'm blessed that the car is still running and sitting in my driveway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jared SRT Cat

Jared SRT Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You should match the front end to the wheels

14. Shroyer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm actually going to black out the grille and get white halos for the lights. Ha.

15. Jared SRT Cat

Jared SRT Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good plan! Is the hellcat phantom black and the charger pitch black? I almost bought a phantom black hellcat but ended up with red.