Dealership or Stealership?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by 2mopars, Jul 4, 2015.

1. 2mopars

2mopars Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Recently brought my car to a dealership for warrenty work approved by Dodge and the dealer does not want to do the job. Reason: I did not purchase vehicle from them. This particular dealer wanted 20k over sticker at the time I was searching for a car.
    Has anyone else experienced this from a dealer? Thoughts?

2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why should they care? The dealership filing the warranty claim is the one that is getting paid for doing the work on the car, so it is not like they aren't making money. I dunno about being a stealership per se, but it sounds like they ARE being A-Holes.

April

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 2mopars

2mopars Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

4. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    a dealer to avoid... wouldn't take mine there after they said that

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. 2mopars

2mopars Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thats what I thought. Whats the difference. They are getting paid. Nice amount of work. Everyone wins. As far as " Stealership " , come on , its catch E. , and 20k over is robbery as far as Im concerned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I suppose that a dealer has the right to refuse service, however, I would bring that up through Chrysler Customer Care.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Bad Kitty!

Bad Kitty! Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That reminds me of that one time a Chrysler lot refused to fixed my heated seats under warranty on my 2001 300 at a lot in Fl. (where I live) They told me to drive it back to the lot in Illinois where I bought it!! (15-17 hr drive) I called corp..it got straightened out before I made it back to the house. The lot called me and said they would be delighted to fix my seats under warranty. I still took it to another lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    never heard of a dealership that turned down work...i would consider giving them some bad internet reviews over this....treat people like crap and you risk them turning on you....a bad internet review can cost them tens/hundreds of thousands....go for it if you feel its justified

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 2mopars

2mopars Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Corporate has been so helpful with my vehicle I cannot ask for any more. The individual Im working with can get job done at this particular dealership, but I agree with him. I do not want anyone who does not want to work on my car forced to do so. It will only go down hill from there. The good news is I dont evet need to go back to that dealership for anything ever again

10. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Local dealers here are just like that, want insane ADM on the few Cat's they got and treat your like crap if you bring in a vehicle you didn't buy from them. 1st thing out of their mouths here are "Did you buy that from us" .......................

It's one of the reasons I've been shy about tracking down an out of state Cat, local stealerships here make me feel like I've teleported back in time to the late '70's in Detroit !

• Like Like x 1
  11. RobM

RobM SRT Hellcat Lunatic!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in the car business and I'm familiar with the requirements of being a dealer. Refusing to perform warranty work on an eligible vehicle violates the dealership's Sales & Service Agreement with Dodge. I'm sure once you called corporate, a friendly letter went out to the dealership reminding them of their obligations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is no money in doing warranty work. Probably why they turned it down. Not saying it is right, but it is the truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thats true: they get paid yes according to the Flat Rate manual which is often under the actual time taken to do the job.

IMO I'd rather have a dealer up front tell me they dont wish to do my service than have them do a job they would rather not do for me. Scratches. Dings. Careless work....Too expensive an investment to have work on carelessly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've seen that with some dealers. Years ago my Dad bought a Lincoln in FL and one local dealer would service it but they gave him a really hard time. Hard to get appointments, took forever to do the service etc. etc. He called them on it and they said you didn't buy it here. He just went elsewhere.

I bought my Hellcat 363 miles away. I called several local dealers and none of them had any issue servicing it. I settled on one dealer and I've been very happy so far (only some minor stuff but they have been great).

I would just find another dealer and not sweat it. I would also suggest complaining to Dodge. I know the dealers are independent but FCA should be aware of dealers like this.

15. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In addition to reporting them to FCA this is a really good idea. Internet reviews get a lot of attention these days. Be professional in your review and stick to the facts.