Dealerships Don't Want To Do My Warranty Work Approved By Chrysler

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CubeMan, Jul 13, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As most of you know i posted about my hellcat suffering from the fascia and front bumper rubbing and making the paint look weird and the bumper being a bit warped.

Dealership #1 didn't want to paint the vehicle, took the images to send to chrysler and never sent them the images even though they told me they did. They were just going to flex the plastic as they told Jeff from DriveSRT till it looked right. Jeff advised me to find another dealer

Dealership #2 submitted the photos and it was approved for bumper and fascia replacement in less then an hour, they just called me today (Week later) saying they don't want to touch it because they don't want to mess with the paint or replacing the bumper.

I'm waiting for Jeff now as no dealers in the area want to fix the issue, it's stupid and the fact that for a 63k car with corporate approved warranty work no one wants to touch it.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't believe dealerships are doing this to people.....
    facepalm.gif

Sorry to hear about it and good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess another option is to take it to a body shop of your choice and have them bill FCA for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, if they don't want too, you don't want to use them. I'd rather they be honest and walk away versus a poor job for whatever was their reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What state do you live in, maybe a member can point you to a good dealer.
    TC

6. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If Jeff calls me with bad news that will be the case, If i have to open small claims then i will against Chrylser

They won't admit poor job, they just don't want to mess with a hellcat.

New York

7. dHL0L

dHL0L Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is it because during the rework, there is chance of damaging the paint elsewhere? I don't understand their position unless they are worried about auxiliary damage, which could probably be avoided, or they are booked up, or maybe the work is extensive and the claim back to Chrysler gets little extra $. Funny business.....

8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Cube, I know you are frustrated, and rightly so!! I agree with you, this is beyond stupid! I was going to suggest the same thing Snappycat mentioned. I know small dealerships like mine do not have a body shop, they have several collision centers that they use. If none of the dealerships want to do the work, then I would have a chat with Jeff and see if you can go to a local body shop and have the work done. Good Luck, and let us know how this turns out!

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm currently awaiting a call back from Jeff again, He called me literally dumbfounded that a dealer doesn't want to do warranty work that's approved. If he has no solution I'm going to ask him to cut a check to a local body shop, if he isn't allowed too ill just start the legal process.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    With all the crying and complaining about Hellcats I don't blame them for not wanting to work on them. Seems nothing is ever good enough lately.

I am to the point when I see a Hellcat on the drive I no longer want to work on them. Can't seem to make a Hellcat customer happy no matter how hard you try.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. 2510

2510 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your comment on this thread and on the thread where someone went 153mph with a owners car is the attitude that makes people uneasy. Agree, no one should be looking over your shoulder but when a person leaves their car (any car) at a dealership where they are paying top dollar the fundamental truth that their possesion will be treated with some level of respect should be the rule. This kind of crap happens way too often and the dealerships service departments create the tension. It is necessary to create some sort of relationship with the SA's so you hope that someone wil look out for you.
    In my business I am in trusted with customers trust daily and my companies first thought is always to be transparent and honor that trust. If my mechanics do not they don't work for me very long.
    You want respect and trust earn it, don't expect it. Furthermore demand it from your peers and call the out on it when they violate it.
    When it happens to you I would love to see your reaction, I am sure there wouldnt be any emotion or feeling of being screwed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I understand where you're coming from but the issues going on here with these Hellcats are people are upset and crying absolute foul if you move an A/C vent an inch....how dare a tech get in my car and move the A/C vent...it's not his ******* car how dare they disrespect my property like that. It's a little bit insane some of the issue people are complaining about. I mean I have seen talk about tape on stuff to see if it was open and booby traps that some times I need to get in there for what ever the complaint it but I need to worry about some sort of booby trap and being accused of something? Just getting to the point where working on these cars is no fun and high stressful.

I meet all my high end customers on the drive. I shake their hands. I invite them back to my work area. They are more than welcome to come by and look at the car. Check in for status reports. Come in and look at stuff. Ask questions. But I don't need a baby sitter the entire time.

You say the service department create the tension...I say it is the opposite. It is the consumer that creates the tension. With social media the way it is a little thing like as stated about about an A/C vent being moved can surprisingly become a huge stupid issue when it souldn't be.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What does this have to do with me though? I'm not complaining about workmanship, I'm trying to get a dealer to do warranty work approved by chrysler already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It has nothing to do with you and I totally understand your frustration.

You know how most techs get a bad rep cause of a couple bad apples? Same is probably applying to customers here. Both dealerships of probably already have an unruley Hellcat customer and now just want to run as fast as they can when they see another one.

Is it right? No. They should do the work no questions asked.

I was just making a joke about locking my box up and leaving. If Hellcat comes in I work on it.

Dealers are probably getting scared to touch these cars. Just talked to another member on Saturday he said a dealership he was at told him to take his car to the dealer he bought it from for a warranty repair. It's a warranty repair it can be done at any Chrysler dealership.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You can work on mine any time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1