Default Mode

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Kevin M, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is there any way to have the car start in another mode other that Default, or can we at least modify the settings in default mode so that they stay that way?

2. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if you hit SRT button twice it puts you right into custom mode

3. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Abe,
    You beat me to it, yup, no other way (that I know of)

4. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No way to change that currently. Car will always start in Default mode, regardless of what drive mode you last used. Only exceptions are ECO and Valet Modes. Those stick on next startup and until turned off.

Speaking of default mode I am having some odd behavior since yesterday afternoon. Normally you cannot change traction control or transmission mode settings in Default, only paddles and suspension. Traction control can be changed in any mode, including Default, by using the traction control button.

Now the odd thing that is happening.. If I go to any non-Default mode and then back to Default, no matter what the traction control was previously set to Default sets traction control to Sport instead of Street. In normal operation it would go back to Street traction control.

Have not been able to get around this and each time I go back to Default I must manually cycle back to Street via the button.

5. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All thunders have been taken so now I have no solution LOL great job guys

6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did you hold that mode down for 5 seconds while csra was stopped? That's what I had to do. Mine kept defaulting to track mode until I held the street mode down. Don't know if it was just a glitch with mine but no problems since I did that.

7. tsc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's the thing.. In the Default Mode Setup screen you can't even change the traction control setting. Traction control can only be changed in default mode via the button. If you try to change it in the setup screen it will tell you it can't be changed and to switch to Custom mode for changes. I'll mess around with holding the existing Street setting and see if that helps.

8. tsc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, wouldn't you know it.. I went into Default Mode Setup, held down the Traction Control 'Street' button (the only one that can be selected), exited Setup, power cycled the vehicle and it appears to now work as intended. Odd bug. I did take a video of the bug beforehand, for those curious:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Excellent. I thought it was odd myself. I was just glad to finally get my default back to street. I swear I was going to break a tooth stuck in track mode on some of the crappy roads I drive! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. RoyG

RoyG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you tsc - I have exactly this same problem! I will try your fix tomorrow, but so far you have a 100% track record so have every faith this will work!

11. tsc

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Should (hopefully) work the same on the Charger. Let me know how it goes. The weird part is it just suddenly started doing it... 3700+ miles of it working fine and then on the way home yesterday it decides to act as it did in the video.

BTW, I had only turned the ignition to 'RUN' without actually starting the car. Shot the video, then held the 'Street' button in Setup, exited Setup, turned car off, opened door, closed door, put ignition back to 'RUN' again without starting car and checked and it was working as it should. When I left work later in the day it continued to act normal.