Delivery Miles

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by mowe, Apr 18, 2015.

1. mowe

mowe Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have really been thinking about the delivery miles that I took the car with. I'm trying to understand who put them on there.. Here is the scenario :

My car (1963 built on 1/24) was sitting in the rail yard for a few weeks/month. I went to possibly purchase it end of Feb and didn't pull the trigger. They said it would take a week or so to get it from the yard. I walked on the deal. I called my dealer 2 weeks later to see if it was still available and he said no. He texted me 3 days later and said yes and it would be there today. He texts two hours after that (3pm) with the car in the shop getting the PDI done. He said if you want it you have to come tonight or it's sold. I came down 2 hours later and about 2 hours after that (4 hrs from the original PDI text) it was in front of me washed up and ready to leave. Knowing how long the car was in the rail yard (no more then 6 weeks based in build date) and the date I bought it (March 17- date it arrived at dealer) I'm wondering where the delivery miles came from...

I picked it up with 22 miles.... That seems high... I've seen them picked up with 12 (heard that was standard from factory) and I've seen them picked up with as little as 1 mile.....I did not check the data to see what top speed or any of that was before I left.

Thoughts or ideas? Did someone joy ride it early ? How many miles were on your EVILCAT when you picked her up ?

Thanks !

2. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Not being rude here, but reality is you walked on the deal before it got there. When it came in they probably had other buyers in line and it fell through with them, thus why it became available again when you asked. In that time, I have no doubt they took it for a spin, as it was a "free for all car" at the time.

It has 22 miles on it....that's not a lot. Forget about it and enjoy it ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine had 10 miles,, and of that ten was pdi,, and the drive from the body shop to the dealer, and the pdi is said to be 5 to 7 miles..my car was built oct 15th,, and delivery to my was Dec 5th

4. Jwilkinson

Jwilkinson Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine had 22 miles also. I thought it was high as well, I later saw videos of the salesman driving it on facebook. If the dealer wasn't 4 states away, I would have paid him a visit and kicked the salesmans ass. Sorry for the language, as you can tell, it's still a sensitive subject with me lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hemi4me2

Hemi4me2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine had 7 miles on it when I picked it up. I have heard that some of the cars go thru a quality control check at the factory and had more miles on them at delivery but they usually put a sticker on the car stating that it was a quality test car :cool:

6. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine had about 22 miles on it as well.

7. mowe

mowe Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My point is that I got there when it was delivered... So I don't think it was the dealer.... It was never my ordered car... I had never placed an order. I'm wondering if at the rail yard someone drove it..

I am not worried but more curious...

8. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine had 9 miles

9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't speak for all storage lots, but the one on Taylor Michigan they treat the hellcat's like million dollar cars,, they don't hot rod them or anything,,a van pulls up with drivers,, and everyone is guided out of a parking spot, then there driven to the staging area,, at a speed of driving at idle...they don't rev the engine or anything like that...ask me how I know,,I spend the better part of a week watching them, as my car was I'm the mix of cars being loaded and sent to the dealer... also the cars get loaded ad unloaded a few times before they do to the dealer,, they go from yard to yard picking up other cars,, really kinda of stupid,, cause there is always the chance it will get damaged..

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Jugrnt

Jugrnt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    2 miles off the truck..1 mile PDI...3 miles in my hands.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nitewing

Nitewing Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    5 miles

12. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice,I think nycat had two miles at time of delivery,, gotta love getting it with such low miles

13. Jugrnt

Jugrnt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Must be a New York thing. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    7 miles at pick up.
    It will really depend on how much they have to move the cars around at the rail yard and so forth.
    And how far the dealer PDI's the car during it's drive, takes it to a gas station to fill it up (and how far away that is) and so forth.
    My dealer had a "absolutely no drive" rule for the Hellcat's. Only GM of dealership gets keys and they keep them inside a bay away from public and dealer employees upon delivery.

If it had 22 miles on it, I'm sure a few people took it on little test drives, and the dealership clearly didn't have a strict policy against that for the Hellcat's.
    But don't worry, doubtful anybody went out and floored it for fear of wrecking it.
    Just drive and enjoy.

15. squidtracy

squidtracy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Please don't get wrapped around the axle about 22 miles. Let It Go Brother and ENJOY you new ride !!!

• Agree Agree x 1