Demon Performance Forged HellCat Engines and Engine Parts Now Available!

Discussion in 'Demon Performance' started by DemonSkip, Jun 22, 2016.

1. DemonSkip

DemonSkip Gold Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    We have been secretly working on some premium built HC engine options for you guys over the past few months and are now ready to release our new engine program to the HC world! We're currently building up a couple versions for some in house customers and have a solid system in place for those of you looking for a step up (or two) from your stock engine.

Here's where the program starts...

Demon Performance / TKM Forged Shortblock - $8309 + freight + core charge (we will refund the core charge upon receipt of your usable HC block)
    OR
    Demon Performance / TKM Forged Shortblock - $9959 + freight NO CORE REQUIRED

What this includes:

Custom Spec'd Diamond Pistons
    Hard Anodized Piston Coatings
    H-13 Wrist Pins
    Custom Total Seal Rings
    Custom Carrillo ProH Connecting Rods with CARR Rod Bolts
    ARP Main Studs
    H/HX Performance Bearings (coated where applicable, use based on achieved bearing clearance)
    Jet Washing Block
    Crank Polishing
    Precision Balancing
    CNC Deck
    Torque Plate Diamond Hone
    Assemble Piston Rack
    File Fit Rings
    Assemble Shortblock
    Measure and Check Clearance
    Paint/Package

**+ REFUNDABLE CORE CHARGE of $1650**

Shortblock and other engine related upgrades include:

Billet Main Caps
    O-Ring Block & Receiver Groove Heads
    Copper Head Gaskets
    Block Fill (Half;streetable or Full;race)
    Custom Billet Crank (Race)
    Custom Aluminum Rods (Race)

Ported/Polished HC heads with Upgraded Valves (core charges apply)
    HC Thitek Heads (Coming very soon!)
    Trend Custom Pushrods
    Custom Blower Cams
    Custom Turbo Cams (Yes, I said turbo! Wait for it...)
    Rocker Shaft Stabilizer/Collar set for OEM rocker shafts
    T&D Adjustable Rocker System
    ....and much more!

**Core charge will be refunded upon receipt of your stock HC block in usable condition less return freight charges to Demon. Lead time on the short block will be apx 5 weeks from date of purchase to be built due to the lengthy lead times of the custom parts we use in our HC short blocks. Pending there are no other manufacturing delays with the custom rods/pistons of course. These aren't your avg shelf pieces or drop in pieces. They are custom and were designed in conjunction with TKM to withstand some serious abuse. Once parts are at the builders facility, they can have a base short block built and ready in 2 days**

IMG_20160623_1509302661.jpg IMG_20160623_1509227691.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. LaserDoc

LaserDoc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome sauce right there!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. pivotal

pivotal Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome work!

Will your twin turbo kit be in addition to the supercharger like Henessey, or replace it completely? What kind of power can be expected on the stock block?

Matt

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any testing done to show what these engines do outside the car? Any challenges with management or interface with the cars on board tech or are you there yet DemonSkip? Are you setting this up for use in actaual Hellcats and thats whats going on for your internal customers?

(You're sure doing some heavy lifting thanks.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DemonSkip

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Matt....Hennessey? Does this even exist? Has someone actually sent their HC to Sealy to have this done? If so, has it been 12 months? Come on man! Those clowns sell you their name(what's left of it I suppose), not actual go fast parts. 20k gets you wheels, balancer, intake, exhaust and a tune. Oh and some fancy embroidery on just about everything in the car ha. Can you imagine what they charge for a twin kit? 70k or something wild I bet ha!

Im not giving you crap, just messing around. That name should be blackballed from the performance community.

No, we will not be running our kit in conjunction with the stock blower application. That would really limit the output of a twin setup. The stock blower/rotors will only allow for a certain amount of air at a certain rotor rpm. Putting turbos in front of it is like adding a boost a blower, it will help some but it's not ideal for making big power. It's going on the shelf to collect some dust. All 110lbs of it! We've scanned and ran full metrology on the stock blower unit. We have fully reverse engineered the unit to start the design process for our outlaw style billet manifold. That will be a part of our twin turbo kit. That will replace everything above the heads >:) The snails will feed it with some heavy air, the manifold will cool that air and send it down through the heads and make some magic happen.

I can't tell you how far the stock HC motor can be pushed. I also don't want to be the one to find out for you ha. I can tell you that a turbo load would be far less damaging to the motor vs a PD or screw type blower like the HC's IHI unit. This can be said about any blown application really. The extra load from the blower on the crank is where it all starts. The engineers behind the HC project are no dummies. They built these motors with a lot of factors considered. The main thing they look for is longevity when making this type of factory power. They are built to hold up to 150k in stock form. Thats a ton of hard miles, no doubt about that! There are a few things I dont like about the stock HC engines however. The main thing being the powder forged rods. If they would have gone with a different type of material here, I would not have even started to build these HC motors. I will admit, the forged pistons are a huge step up from the 392 platforms hyperute pistons. The stock cast iron HC block should be able to take some serious pounding. We've been doing it to the cast iron 6.1s and 6.4s blocks, the HC cast iron block should hold up to if not further than the predecessors.

TallCool1, we are building this specific engine program up for HC vehicle applications. We haven't done any side by side engine dyno testing yet but we have two HC Challys here in house that will be receiving these motors in the next weeks to come. Their engines are built in very a similar manner and will both be put to the test very soon. Our motors will be slightly larger by a few inches due to the bore going to a 4.100 but aside from that, the major power improvements will be had from the worked heads and custom cam selection. Our tuner is one of the best in the industry and is pretty darn good with boost so I don't see us having problems making more power with the upgraded motors. (I just got word from one of my customers that he went 9.8 at 10psi @ 142 in his WK1 Demon built turbo Jeep, spinning!)

The stock HC shortblock is actually a good candidate for a swap into 392 powered cars that are looking to add boost. The stock 392s tend to have ringland issues when you add more than 7 or 8 psi to them. Sooner or latet they lose a land or 4(or more). The hyperute piston material from the 392s are very weak when compared to the forged HC pistons. We have a few WK2 Jeep SRT8s that will be doing the swap soon so we'll def report back and let you guys know how they do! I don't forsee any electronic related issues when doing this. Obviously the MDS solenoids will be ditched from the 392 and plugged but we've been doing that for some time now on built 392 based motors. Just turn it off in the tune, turn up the boost and enjoy! The 392 stock sensors, heads, front cover, oil pan, accessories etc will all swap over to the HC block just fine. They're almost identical really. Makes for a quick and easy way to get forged without long extended wait times for built motors or the need for your basic drop in upgrades. Sure you're going down in size but having a motor that’s ready for boost right away for 4k with a spare take out 392 on the side is almost a no brainer to me! We can also provide a 2 year warranty on the stock HC short block if purchased from us too haha!

Some body has to do the heavy lifting around here! I'm sure this thread is stirring the pot some but we aren't just some newbies in the Hemi community. We always try to innovate and bring new things to the market.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. SRTFighter

SRTFighter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any pictures of all the new hardware? Sorry if I am being impatient! Very exciting!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  7. DemonSkip

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'll have all that posted up today.

• Like Like x 2
  8. pivotal

pivotal Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hahaha - I actually can't believe I mentioned the "H" word here :)

Really appreciate the detailed response as well as the serious engineering effort going into this kit. Can't wait to see more.

Matt

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love the whole concept. Should be one hell of a stout motor.

And you are right on 100% about hennessy! lmao!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. LaserDoc

LaserDoc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's been a hour and 24 minutes, where's the pics? Come on, you're killing us out here! Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  11. DemonSkip

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I can't believe you did either!

No worries sir. We're all gear heads here at Demon at the end of the day. We're always looking for ways to go fast and faster, with your vehicles or ours. That generally involves a good bit of engineering to make it happen. Esp when it comes to one of the most complicated production cars Chrysler has ever put out!

I have no doubt in my mind about the strength of these parts going in! The parts were built with "kill mode" in mind.

C'mon Doc! :p

12. SRTFighter

SRTFighter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Skip do you know if tuning is available for the black key as well as the red? I want a 87 tune for the black key and a 120 tune for the red.

13. DemonSkip

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You can only limit the boost levels with the keys. Not change fuel or spark.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. DemonSkip

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Pics added in the original post! That is a customer's new HC block that has been machined with the optional O-ring groove as you can see. It will be the turbo monster when we're through with it.

Enjoy :)

15. SRTFighter

SRTFighter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any pics of the cylinder heads? Any worries about the oil and water passages leaking past the HG when using an O-ringed block? Does the HG have any additional material around each hole to prevent the aforementioned leakage?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016