SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Demon Picture Leaked?

44K views 210 replies 85 participants last post by  toplescuda 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
Hellcat stayed on top for two models years. That was a great accomplishment. It had its day. R.I.P.

Demon #1. Hellcat #2 - and you know what they say about second place.

I can understand Hellcat owners wanting to try and convince themselves they 'win' and have Tiger Blood but they know deep down, they don't ... second place, silver medal, yesterday's news lol.

Reactions: White noise
#63 · (Edited)
Hellcat stayed on top for two models years. That was a great accomplishment. It had its day. R.I.P.

Demon #1. Hellcat #2 - and you know what they say about second place.

I can understand Hellcat owners wanting to try and convince themselves they 'win' and have Tiger Blood but they know deep down, they don't ... second place, silver medal, yesterday's news lol.
Couldn't agree more. Deep inside everyone wants the bragging rights (at least that's what I want..I admit) or being on top of the Muscle car hP pyramid.

Looks are subjective. I got rid of my 2014 Shelby gt500 when I realized that the HC was the undisputed top dog even though I was slightly biased towards the looks of the gt500.

Actually those flares look seamless and the hood will easily distinguish it from the Hellcats. I am also consoling myself right now..lol. I am in the denial stage right now, long way to go before I reach the acceptance stage. Hahaha. I see a demon tempting me already.

#13 · (Edited)
#14 ·
I think everyone doesn't get the picture that the demon is meant for the drag strip thats it. Not getting rid of my hellcat for that reason. I use mine daily and especially in ny I could not see myself driving it like I would with my hellcat. Would deff treat it like it's a Lamborghini and use it for track days or the weekend. Imagine getting caught in the rain with that thing Haha. Hopefully they give us a demon hp package

#17 ·
If that picture is accurate, it looks like the Demon will be a drag strip only car. You'll have a really hard time driving on the roads with those tires...the rubber will be gone real quick with our crappy roads. Personally, I don't care for the fender flares. On one of my older roadsters, I had a body shop integrate part of a body kit into the fenders as one continuous piece...molded in so it looked like it came from the factory like that. It was night and day appearance. The one in the Demon picture looks too bubbly for my taste. I am digging the hood though...won't be long before the aftermarket starts making "Demon" hoods and people start popping those on the Hellcat...then we will have new threads on whether or not losing the heat extractor vents is problematic...I can see it now. LOL Final judgment can be made after official pictures and specs are released.

The real question will be whether or not the drivetrain pieces from the Demon will be interchangeable with the Hellcat, as we all know what the limits are currently. Anyone have an idea of what these will MSRP for?

#20 ·
If that picture is accurate, it looks like the Demon will be a drag strip only car. You'll have a really hard time driving on the roads with those tires...the rubber will be gone real quick with our crappy roads. Personally, I don't care for the fender flares. On one of my older roadsters, I had a body shop integrate part of a body kit into the fenders as one continuous piece...molded in so it looked like it came from the factory like that. It was night and day appearance. The one in the Demon picture looks too bubbly for my taste. I am digging the hood though...won't be long before the aftermarket starts making "Demon" hoods and people start popping those on the Hellcat...then we will have new threads on whether or not losing the heat extractor vents is problematic...I can see it now. LOL Final judgment can be made after official pictures and specs are released.

The real question will be whether or not the drivetrain pieces from the Demon will be interchangeable with the Hellcat, as we all know what the limits are currently. Anyone have an idea of what these will MSRP for?
I'm hearing 100k+ Idk when the Shelby 1000 came out it was priced at over 150k same as the Shelby cobra jet at over 100K wonder how the Shelby 1000 would compare to the demon

#21 ·
goingsolo2 Not sure how one would have a "real hard time" driving on roads with those tires...hogwash.

I'm still not a fan of flares and wide body looks, it just doesn't do anything for me. However I'm pretty sure I'll want one of these when I see it officially. I'll withhold final judgement on looks until I see it.

As for the Shelby thing, people would line up to pay big bucks for anything with Shelby on it, even if it were merely a polished turd.

#23 ·
I'm talking in terms of road wear on the super soft rubber, and most likely little ability to drive safely in the rain (in case you're caught in it). The roads in my area are terrible and take a toll on tires with a softer rubber compound.

#22 ·
So then it's a challenger with a mustang hood? Lost a little respect for Dodge if that's the hood. Anything mustang is not good lol.
That said if that is indeed a photo then I'll be interested in how they deal with the heat from the engine without having the heat vents.... Oh the patience I wish I had

#26 ·
Ain't real yet...

still waiting for FCA to show us the real stuff

#27 ·
True...I can't wait to see it in person at the NY Auto Show. Seeing and sitting in the Challenger there was the reason I purchased one back in 2012. I have been hooked ever since.

#29 ·
With ever tightening emission standards, and CAFE rules, I think kudos to FCA for having the desire to continue to produce unique and powerful cars. There is definitely a group of purists at Fiat Chrysler that don't want to see us lose the unique feeling generated by a true 'muscle' car. I am content with my Hellcat , but... keep bringing up new , faster, and better cars. To stand still is to be going backwards. Well done!

#30 ·
I'll keep my HC, but will probably buy the Demon, just because I can.

Reactions: Hb hellcat
#32 ·
Same here. I wonder if it be A8 only for year one then M6 added in year two. Similar to the 08 Challenger? Other than wanting the M6 I hope the colors offered will be the same as the "regular" HC.

Reactions: Harley88
#31 ·
Why the hell did they put that hood on I had to look at it three times. It looks like a Mustang! common FCA what are you guys thinking? Challenger T/A with a AAR style hood, Demon with a Mustang hood? Are they drunk when there coming up with this stuff?

Reactions: moparjim
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.