SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Demon Price?

27K views 160 replies 48 participants last post by  SRTFighter 
#1 ·
I've searched all over and have yet to see any price on the Demon or even a rumored price? Has anyone seen anything on the Demon's expected MSRP? I'm sure they will go well over the MSRP with only 3300 total ever being built, but I'm surprised there has been no talk on price. o_O

#13 ·
I previously thought $80k, but now think $85k will be the base MSRP.
S.
Those are my thoughts, and while I'm willing to pay a little over MSRP (reluctantly), I won't pay over $5k more...My problem, I'm an impulse buyer, this could get expensive! LOL

Reactions: NavVet
#4 ·
If you have to ask, you probably won't be able to afford one! With no contest to win one or contest to drive one at the track. I will probably never see one. The price of one Demon is probably one weeks salary for Tim or Sergio.

BKuz

P.S. Thanks guys!

#6 ·
HellcatSteve,

I agree 100%. I got my Hellcat January 2015 and the crap the dealer tried pulling on me! The dealer kept asking me if I wanted to sell it even before I accepted delivery. The dealer wanted me to let other interested buyers test drive my car. I said fu-k no! They also wanted me to sell my allocation. They stopped the funny business when I started talking about the Attorney General.

I went to 5 other dealers before that dealer. Some had allocations and some didn't. Most of the dealers wanted at least $10,000 over MSRP. One dealer wanted $20,000 over MSRP.

Dodge is probably building Jay Leno's and Richard Rawlings Demon right now. I know how our country works, Money Talks and BS Walks. Us devoted little guys don't have a chance.

BKuz

#10 ·
80ish is my guess.
They are only making 3000 units in the USA

#11 · (Edited)
80 ish plus dealer markup because the vehicle is serial numbered and is hard to get! This is America, everyone is trying to make a buck off the little guy! There was a Dodge dealer in Miami that was trying to sell a Hellcat for $90,000! There was post about that dealership on this site back in July 2015 called Tell You, how I really feel!

BKuz

Tell you, how I really feel ?

#12 ·
The real question is, what will a used Demon be worth when the warranty starts to runs out?

Will buyers be willing to pay much for a used car with little to no warranty that they know has had the stuffing beat out of it?

It is going to suck for the people who pay $100K+ for a new Demon (MSRP + Admin.), use the car as intended for a few years, and can only get $40K when they go to sell it? :(

#14 ·
If this is indeed a 1 year run, limited production car, the value will hold, especially for those that have very low miles and in a desirable color. I hope I get one, problem is then I have to buy a truck and trailer to pull it on. :)

PS - Make no mistake, I'll test her out once per month thou! :)

Reactions: NavVet
#15 ·
I say of the 3000 built, probably less than 150-200 of them actually see regular use. The others will be locked among car collections and dusted off once in a while. They will make more passes across the auction block than the drag strip.

#20 ·
Good dealers will give the same fair deals that we got on some Hellcats. Just spoke to TWO of my favorite dealers today. One has a meeting with FCA execs tomorrow. Absolutely NO mention of ADM! It did not happen on my Hellcat and if he can get one, we will have the fair and correct price on a Demon.

#21 ·
80ish is my guess.
They are only making 3000 units in the USA
So is the demon platform replacing the hellcat ? I didn't get the feeling dodge would building 3300 for 2018 and stop. Id like to think 3300 for 2018, and xxxx for 2019, Etc. It will be the next level of performance option on top of the hellcat or does anyone think it will replace the hellcat option?

#23 ·
Our 2015 Hellcat turns well enough for road course work, which it sees. I don't think the Demon is intended to shine that kind of light. What is interesting is can they keep the production up for Hellcats.

I'd like to see how this works out honestly. I do know that we don't want a Demon, but it's very exciting that they're producing them !

Reactions: DGatzby
#32 ·
Look there are Hellcats and Demons. Different cars for different purposes.
Exactly, Yes we can all want our dream cars here right now, but this platform will be here in 2019 and further. If you want one you'll get one. May have to wait a year, and sticker rape will be over. I think that's why dodge kept the body pretty close to the same. Its not a new generation platform. Its the same generation with a new performance level. Like corvette has Base C6, C6GS, C6ZO6, and the monster ZR1. I think the Demon is the dodge top performance package

#38 ·
Tampa Tuning,

Where have you been hiding?? You joined March 2015 and only 27 posts. There are some members that do 27 posts in one day?? LOL

BKuz
Like this guy! ;)

#34 ·
How many of you will trade in their Hellcat for a Demon? The dealers will low ball you on a trade-in. It is better to sell it to someone. My trade-in value is between $52,000 and $54,000 for my 2015 Hellcat on NADA. So I would have to come up with $35,000 to $40,000 for a Demon depending on the MSRP. That is a chunk of change. And I guess there is no discounts for Hellcat.org members or repeat Challenger buyers. If I bought a Demon it will be my 5th Challenger.

BKuz

#35 ·
Quick...somebody name a single American production car over the last 25 years that has increased in value from new. Or, simply name one that's worth as much in today's dollars as it was when it sold new.
Go!
S.
The key here is 25 years, but I see what you're getting at.

However, nothing like this has ever existed, and while most exotics lose value, the "extreme" examples do actually increase in value. Saleen S7, Enzo, Ferrari F1, Bugatti, Porsche 918 Spyder, Ford GT, Koenigsegg. I get the difference indeed, but just pointing out that rarity does make a difference.

#42 ·
Vipers are pretty rare too. Ever look at their values over the last 25 years? Hint: they're not good
Corvette ZR1's? They sell for about half of MSRP.
I don't think anybody can predict the future value of the Demon.
S.

#36 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.