SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Demon with rod knock

11K views 51 replies 29 participants last post by  Magnified 
#1 ·
Just found this clip of a Demon prototype with rod knock, or at least something not happy in the motor.
I think it really is a demon, the display on the screen is a dead giveaway....

#4 ·
Yea, I saw that earlier. Sounded like a rod knock but I doubt it would still be running. Guessing valve train. I don't think that engine is going to make it.

#13 ·
Just look at the settings on the screens he is running the dyno on one and then the line lock on the burnout. The same guy is in a video beating the hell out of a trail hawk. Says he tests all kinds of cars not just srt.

#31 ·
It's a Demon. Most likely a test mule. Note the emblem on the blower and the air intake. You can also see the fake plastic screws they glued on to the fender flares. This is the same mule people have been seeing for months. From what I have heard, FCA told the people that are still testing the mules to "Try and break them". I know FCA did not expect them to be doing insane speeds on public roads but they certainly are trying to break it. Sounds like they did to some degree.

#33 · (Edited)
Has to be enabled in the SRT pages (or possibly the hard switch) and activated by pulling both paddles and flooring the throttle.

If the Trans brake is not enabled, it is possible it may be activated by just holding the brake and flooring the throttle (like the current car's launch control). I am not sure, I will let you know for sure when I get mine.
Vehicle Car Mid-size car Personal luxury car Range rover

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.