SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Diablo Canned 93 tune benefits to stock

7K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Animus707 
#1 ·
I am on the verge of getting my modified pcm and trinity tuner because i feel that i can break into the 10's since my PB is 11.040@125.xxmph. Has anyone experienced lower times once you installed the canned tune onto your Hellcat? Any data on this subject will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

#2 ·
Can't give you technical data on it but with the stock tires on street driving, I noted massive wheel hop with the 93 tune. Having said that, if you have the right tires I'm sure it would be an improvement as we know wheel hop means too much power for the traction available...

#3 ·
The time i posted is from my timeslip at the drag strip. I would like to collect data from other users that have only installed a canned 93 tune and have Drs and/or DS that have witnessed a quicker ET

#4 ·
So I installed my Diablosport pcm and uploaded the canned tunes and when I uploaded the 93 octane my car had no throttle response and it felt like it wanted to shut off. So I rebooted and recovered my stock tune and this time I uploaded the "Diablo Tune" and it worked this time. My question, is the "Diablo Tune" the same as the 93 octane tune or is it the stock tune just modified ??

#5 ·
The diablo tune is the 93 tune. You may want to update your tuner, make sure you upload twice. Sometimes it doesn't get them all for some reason and if you have a problem that is normally it.
Any difference? My tuner here in nc charges 125 for a email tune,datalogging

#6 ·
The diablo tune is the 93 tune. You may want to update your tuner, make sure you upload twice. Sometimes it doesn't get them all for some reason and if you have a problem that is normally it.
Any difference? My tuner here in nc charges 125 for a email tune,datalogging
I made a rookie mistake and after i swapped out the PCM I did not follow the PCM Procedure and uploaded the 93 tune and thats where I had the trouble with no throttle response.
Can I unplug the negative terminal and reset it back on and then go through the PCM procedure or is it too late to do that now? PCM procedure after installation is something like turn your ignition to run press start button twice then turn ignition to off press two times etc....
Any help and experience with this will be greatly appreciated.

#7 ·
If it started up and ran normal it should be fine. Go ahead and unhook the battery with the new computer in it. I would restore and then upload again but making sure your hand held is fully updated. This is where i always had problems. Even when I thought it was done if you hook it back to your house PC and it starts downloading again you were not done. If the car took the diablo tune your fine, you can change a fan setting or something to make sure it did take. (you should lower the thermo now any way) Bump the rev limit to 6500 and manual shift at 6300.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.