DIABLO REFLASH GETS 33 HORSE

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by IEATZL1's, Oct 15, 2015.

1. IEATZL1's

IEATZL1's Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just got the Diablo Trinity reflash done. Supercharger whine is louder and it nets 33 horsepower. Also additional custom modes. Traction gets even more tricky.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Please keep us updated on how the change is to live with on a day to day basis.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it's always been about hp/weight ratios whether it was 1960 or today. yes gearing helps--but you can't beat the math for the big win...

4500/707 = 6.36 hp/weight ratio
    4500/740 = 6.08................. (+33hp)

4500/850 = 5.29.................

my point, is that Dodge hit a number where the right performance level and ability to go 100,000 miles is at 6.36--to get truly appreciable performance gains that would be dramatic in nature, you would need the sub 5.5 hp/weight ratio, but then the longevity would preclude the long factory warranty--unless you can get 150 or more additional horsepower,the question becomes,can you justify changes from stock and the loss of coverage?? I'm not saying which is right or wrong, but the math for me, has to get to be way over 800+ for me to toss the drivetrain warranty out the window.

all the best,

NorCal He77Kat

20151011_120316.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those ratios also knock us right into some pretty serious competition when we are classified for road racing by NASA for everyone's info. ST1 or STU.

Edit, the 5.29 will get you a direct ticket to STU because ST1 is 5.5 min and that class is bad enough. You will need 850 HP to catch the others out of corners....but, you know what, we may, with a good driver!

5. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

As owner of first year vehicle with this extrodinary setup I elect to keep my warranty coverage in place. Mine is a daily driver as I like to have a reason to smile each and every day. Stock does that for me and a whole lot more. :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To OP, thanks for sharing .., keep us posted on results.. I've placed my order with Diablo and am waiting. ...
    Second.. I missed the part in the post where this turned into a too mod/or stay stock..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd love to tune mine, but I'm wimping out on the warranty side of things, too. Good luck! Keep us updated!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ieatzl1 has had his car for longer then most,,I would like to know how things are holding up...

9. Indybill

Indybill Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just ordered the PCM as I have a Trinity already. Cant wait to see the difference as well as being able to control multiple things as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How far out is your pcm?

11. Indybill

Indybill Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just ordered it so dont know yet.

12. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Please help me understand what you're actually doing as far as a new PCM. re you getting anew one to tune so you can keep the factory unit on the shelf?

I would LOVE to be able to tune mine and control things like cooling fans, shifting, etc.....but I'm nervous about the warranty thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've ordered a brand new PCM that will come programmed with my Cats VIN and approx mileage (I read this is for the car or it will throw codes that's it messed up). I'll be switching this with the current one.. I then plug the "do/hicky" Into the car and will flash the tune into the car. I'll have options as fan speeds, tire size and a few more.
    As far as when I have car serviced.. I will switch back the "flash" to factory settings and my mechanic is aware no to do any updates on my ride without us talking.
    As far as warranty. if I blow this puppy up that's on me! I've choose to trust Diablo as well as Johan my ultimate tuner. If the car blows up and it's not a "me" mod, then I'm confident in myself to get the issue handled with FCA..
    Hope that helps.. Also. I've got similar tune on my '14 Shaker and it's been like a Boss!.. Diablo does good work, Johan does great work; only complaint I've heard is that he's conservative to a point.. So, he's conservative with my tune; that's not a knock in my book!

• Like Like x 2
  14. gto19

gto19 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That Sounds good to me.is your car still stock ?so if I call Diablo who do I talk to?also did you order the trinity or Intune?

15. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cars stock: I have a AFE cold air intake that I'm curious to put on the dyno. ('cus it's a boat anchor as it sits now!)
    As far as who to talk to: dude that answered had decent product knowledge and handled everything..
    And I went with new Intune. I can put both cars on the one unit (with additional $).