Discounts For Forum Members on American Racing Headers

Discussion in 'High Horse Performance' started by HighHorseman, Oct 3, 2015.

1. HighHorseman

HighHorseman VIP Hellcat Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    [​IMG]

Ready to mod that Hellcat? American Racing Headers is a great mod to do and we're offering forum members a healthy discount plus free shipping on their Hellcat 2" headers systems at HHP. Just use promocode HCFORUM at checkout to receive your discount!

Here's the product link: American Racing Hellcat Headers

We've installed and tested this kit and we love it! It does require tuning which you can purchase from us as well here: HHP Hellcat Tuning Package

For more information email us at sales@highhorseperformance.com

• Like Like x 2
  2. jtcarlsen67

jtcarlsen67 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

Very nice discount. Thank you. Question on mid pipe w/o cats vs hi performance cats.....any measurable performance difference besides more noise? Tim

3. HighHorseman

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    The catless pipes definitely increase the noise volume just a bit over the catted systems and give the exhaust note a raspier sound. I was very surprised that the noise really wasn't obnoxiously loud in any way on the Hellcats with use of ARH's catback. Running catless frees up a few extra ponies and is needed for cars that use leaded race fuels like C16 or Q16 although it is not considered emissions legal in most states. I would think the gains from going catless would be around an extra 10hp more than the High Flow cats in the upper RPM bands.

4. DB2

DB2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Will these headers connect to existing cats? It appears that the angle is not the same.

5. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can you use an existing aftermarket catback and the stock cats if you just add the headers by themselves?

6. HighHorseman

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    The long tube headers locate the collector back a good bit so for direct fit installation you will need to get the shorty mid-pipes from ARH as well. The header & mids will connect to any stock or aftermarket catback (they all have a 2.75" connection). If you opt for the complete ARH system of headers, mids and catback then they will make the mid-pipe to catback connection a 3" so there's no restrictions at the connection.

7. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have an existing 3" catback on there, so if I wanted a set, I would have to custom order it with a 3" connection?

8. HWY2HELLCAT

HWY2HELLCAT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Horseman, how does AR deal with the active exhaust in their cat-back system?

• Like Like x 1
  9. hellcat562

hellcat562 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

10. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    HighHorseman - I would also like to know this.

11. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    do the headers throw any codes? or the reloacted high flow cats? I had that problem on my RT throwing the codes for too slow response

12. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If the entire system is used it needs to be tuned and then they can disable the active exhaust.
    TC

13. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Too lazy to click the link so forgive me..

Are these steel or SS?

Is ceramic available?

With tune what are you seeing on the dyno from...

Headers...

Entire system...

14. HighHorseman

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    You guys have snuck a bunch of questions in on my I see. Lets see if I can make it through all of them...
    More than likely NO. Most 3" catbacks will use the factory 2.75" slip fit where they go into the mid-pipes. If they didn't, your catback wouldn't have fit onto the stock mids. You would just order up the headers/mids to fit the stock catback. When we order the complete set with ARH's catback all at the same time, only then do they avoid the 2.75" reduction for a factory connection.

ARH chose to remove the exhaust valves altogether. ARH only makes their catback to work with their header systems (at least as a simple bolt-on) so they assume that you are already planning getting tuning for your car do deal with the expect CEL it will get from the catalytic converter swap.

You will just need to order the kit on our website and just decline the ARH cat-back. It will bolt up to any aftermarket cat-back that uses factory connection points, just like your Flowmaster. Just make sure you opt for the O2 extensions with the order.

Same thing. The base header kit comes with a factory slip fit into the cat-back unless you specify you need a 3" or you order the ARH catback at the same time.

You should count on it throwing codes when run on the stock computer tune. There's always a chance it won't but we would highly recommend custom tuning be used in conjuction with an upgrade like this in order to dial in the engine's performance as well. It's easier to expect the code versus be surprised when you're the one in 5 who may get the code.

These ARH systems are 304 Stainless Steel. We offer ceramic coating of the headers by a third party (Calico) as well for an additional $325 if you are interested in that. This is a custom service and will delay delivery approx. 2 to 3 weeks if you opt for it. Power-wise these headers are good for around 30 rwhp, or w/o cats up to 40rwhp in some instances, in my opinion to the tires when tuned up. If you look at the mods list of the fastest guys out there I bet you find that all of them have these headers on their Hellcats. We installed Top Cat's set and from the installer side these headers fit perfectly, too.

Thanks!
    Joshua, HHP

• Like Like x 1
  15. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    30-40 sounds like a lot. I didn't think the factory was that restrictive with shortys on it already? I would assume most of the gains are in the low to mid range going from the factory shorts to long tubes?

Top Cat
    Did you get a dyno before and after yours?