Dodge Challenger 570X Pre Hellcat?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by IgoFast, Dec 7, 2015.

1. IgoFast

IgoFast Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I met a Dodge collector that owns a Challenger 570X that cranks out around 700 hp that came out of SMS Steve Saleen's Company that is known for tuning the S7 and Mustangs.

Interesting car. The hood has side draft butterfly air intakes and the engine is a pro special built turbo charged 5.7L V8. The person I spoke with told me they selected the 5.7 due to it being lighter in weight and being able to rev faster off the line.

I spoke to SMS today and they no longer tune the Challenger to the 700 plus HP - they claim the new chip and software does not allow them to have the flexibility that the first run units allowed. It is estimated they made only 100-200 of these.

I'm just curious if anyone has more information and history on the 570x. It sounds like it was quite a car.

Thanks in advance-

IgoFast

2. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Roostking

Roostking Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    With some fairly hideous front end modifications. Pics taken at the 2010 L.A. Auto show.

IMAG0288.jpg IMAG0289.jpg

4. IgoFast

IgoFast Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you - I did see some of this on line.

Just curious if this may have been where the idea for the Hellcat came from or not.

5. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    a friend of mine has a 570, and a hellcat. She just had the 570 retuned and fixed because the car came with WAY less power then it was advertised with. There is a reason saleen is going under, for the third or fourth time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From the Article:

• Starting with Dodge's 5.7-liter Hemi, SMS bores and strokes it out to 6.4-liters (though SMS just informed us that they'll be going down to 6.2-liters by the time you read this)
    • Because with the 570X you get the bigger motor coupled to their proprietary SMS 296 Supercharger, which is one big mama-jama of a blower. But because it's so large, and because SMS's patent pending Six-Pack micro-finned intercooler technology is so efficient, the screw-type supercharger has to put out just 5.5 PSI to achieve 700 horsepower.
    • $85,000 (2009 dollars)

*looks around*... *looks at Hellcat specs and factory MSRP*... *looks around some more*... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:D

7. Roostking

Roostking Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    No, just an aftermarket tuner who charged too much and delivered too little..