SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Dodge Dealership Hall of Shame Thread for Demon Deals

11K views 84 replies 30 participants last post by  Cerino2000 
#1 ·
Dealership showing their true colors? Place your stories of greed and shame here!

I'll start.

Dealership name: Gerry Wood Dodge, Salisbury, NC. This is the dealership that bought all of the Vipers.

Bought yet another Dodge (Chrysler 200) back in December 2016 and made a deal with the G.M of the dealership that if I bought this car, I would get the first Demon (ADR then) with no markup and that if an allocation was needed I got the first one. We did the deal, signed a paper contract on the Demon and I went home with a smile. Dodge announced the Demon about 3 weeks later. G.M. left the dealership about a month later. Went there to make sure all was good since my deal was with the dealership, not the G. M., and no one knows anything about my deal all of the sudden. Owner refused to honor the deal as written. Said he'd honor price but I'd be fourth in line.

No way they are giving up that markup....

I am now considering court action to prevent him from ordering ANY until my contract is fulfilled. Turns out in NC it doesn't matter if the G.M. makes a deal or the lowest sales guy at the place makes the deal, NC law says the deal is made on behalf of the dealership, not an individual. We'll see....

See less See more
#6 ·
Sorry but I doubt any lawyer worth his salt would take the case on contingency. You'll need to pony up big bucks for a case that you likely can never win. End of the day you will be left with a lot of egg on your face, a much lighter wallet and still no Demon. My advice, purchase your cars somewhere else and pay ADM when you can order one. It will be far cheaper and less stressful at the end of the day. Unless the dealer is a member of your immediate family, don't trust them.

#9 ·
Jeff Belzers of Lakeville Minnesota. Shook hands on a deal wit the manager for MSRP. They were putting the paperwork together and told me to bring a 10k deposit the next day. Came back and they decided to go 10k over MSRP. I was also buying a new Ram truck. Decided to skip the demon at Belzers and went and bought the Ram at Harry Browns. No wonder Belzers have 5 hellcats sitting there for months already.

#10 ·
i got something thats going to shock you.....ready???????? car dealerships are ALL CRAP....they lie, cheat, steal every chance you give them......ive gone in and added rebates to their BEST internet advertised prices and notice they take the new rebate and up their price on the car and come back with a worse price than even advertised on the internet...then act surprised when you yell...........ive had them look over my trade in, then call me back a week later and offer me +$500 more on the trade to do the deal now..then drive 1 hour and by the time they arrive they say'sorry we made a mistake' your trade in is still the same...that one i went to the manager...he didnt care....went to the owner...never got a response....

I could tell 5 other stories....ive had 2 good experiences ever...out of 10+ cars/trucks bought...now i do the deal over the phone/internet before i show up....i come in and sign and drive away...my HC i drove away in 15 minutes...GT500 was 30 minutes because the salesman wanted to show me all the toys inside the car

expecting anything from a dealership shows you dont understand who you are dealing with....every salesman is a POS at a dealership....ive found 2 fair guys over the years, so i guess i shouldnt say 100%...but its over 95%

good luck on your lawsuit......spend $10k to try to get $10k off on a car

#11 ·
Well said and to the point exactly. Money talks and bullshit walks. They will tell you anything to get you in the doors and love playing the waiting game until you cave and buy the car on their terms.

I dont mind them making some money from me, they have to eat too and I understand that, but damn just flat out and screw you blind if you let them.

#12 ·
on the other side....i just bought a $45k work van.....i had $10k in rebates.....i went back to them 3x's each time getting a bit more out of them....finally came in and said im here to finalize this lets finish it today....what i got for my trade in? $18k.....i go by the dealer ship 2 weeks later and see my old van in the lot...what is it priced at $18k........i paid the exact same price for the new van 5 years after the old van, got what they actually are selling the trade in for(so they made nothing there)...and got a 5 year newer van and also 2' longer cube on the back...........i think they did the deal because of the service dept...they know i will be back 2x a year to toss them $1,000-2,000 to fix it after the warranty is over....i almost felt bad!!, but i didnt

expecting HONOR out of a car dealership is silly........unless you get an Ex Marine your not getting Honor out of the dealership

#16 ·
Dealers also pool money from MSRP sales to give other people good deals. That is why one person gets screwed and another gets a good deal. But the person getting screwed is fine with it.... win win, but shady as hell to me.

#17 ·
No one put a gun to my head to buy the Hellcat. I waited for what I thought was a good deal. I'd love a Demon, too, but I know they'll be way more than I want to spend when they first come out. I have to think FCA will produce them for several years and the price will drop dramatically, just like the Hellcat did. If I'm wrong and it's only a one-year-wonder, I'll just struggle along with my lowly Hellcat that makes my heart pound every time I put my foot in it!

#18 ·
Jeff Belzers of Lakeville Minnesota. Shook hands on a deal wit the manager for MSRP. They were putting the paperwork together and told me to bring a 10k deposit the next day. Came back and they decided to go 10k over MSRP. I was also buying a new Ram truck. Decided to skip the demon at Belzers and went and bought the Ram at Harry Browns. No wonder Belzers have 5 hellcats sitting there for months already.
Typically, MN is not a great place to buy a car. Got mine in Janesville, WI. $6K off a 2017.

#24 ·
The car creates enough of a buzz. But they don't like the negative points of views that people get and share based on dealers charging ADMs. They would prefer to hear their cars sold for MSRP into the people that want to drive and use them, then hear people complain about excessive ADMs on cars they can't afford. the only side effect of an ADM is the negativity it brings and the idea of "exclusivity"

#30 ·
Tim claims he has a plan to stop dealer markups. We shall see!!!

BKuz

Dodge Will Try Stopping Dealers Put Insane Markups On The Demon
I do think its a good idea, but think about it. Any dealer will be lucky to get 1, let alone 2. "Depending on how they finally allocate", But say a dealer go, "ok we'll order you a Demon, but we want $20k ADM". If the customer says no, then they won't order one. If the idea of them even getting a Demon gets buyers in the door and and go "well i can't afford that, i'll get a Hellcat then", even if they sold 4 cars and held firm at MSRP, they would make the money back that they would have made with one car with an ADM. So, it will just depend on how much a dealer can really charge, and how much a person will be willing to pay. Just like the Hellcats, if the dealers says "we want $20k over", and the person says "done" then so be it. Otherwise they just won't order one

#32 ·
Agree, i like that they are doing things to try to limit the ADMs, just like they did with the Hellcats, but if the people are willing to pay it, as they were when the Hellcats came out, then its irrelevant. All comes down to who will be willing to pay what. Like i said as much as a dealer would love to have a Demon come through, its 1 car, with or without an ADM, its just 1 car moving. If they sell 3 or 4 extra Hellcats because of it, then that is more worth while for them

#33 ·
I'm curious how Ford was able to navigate around the Franchise Laws, regarding the Ford Gt. Ford chose the buyers directly and avoided the usual cluster that you get with dealer interaction. FCA would like to stifle the ADM situation, but can't due to legal complications. How did Ford do it?

#34 ·
I've wondered that, but never enough to actually look it up haha. My guess, is that Ford handled who got it and price, but it was still technically sold through a dealer. But they also did it on a very low volume car, maybe that also had something to do with it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.