Dodge Dealerships and Service

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Heavy Metal, Apr 13, 2016.

?

Where do you have your vehicle serviced?

1. Dodge Dealership

30 vote(s)
    61.2%
  2. Independent Business

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I do everything myself

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. A combination of these

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    So the past several weeks I've had to fill my tire every 3 to 4 days because it has been losing air. I take it into Dodge for an oil change and let them know what the problem is. Ok cool. Easy fix, so I think. They finish up and tell me everything is fine and no issues were found. Ummmmm wrong. So today I finally take it to America's Tire and tell them my issue. Low and behold they fix the issue. Guess what, there was a large screw plain as day in the tire. Not only that but they didn't charge me a penny. This leads me to believe that Dodge never even checked and lied to me. Pretty pissed. I'm questioning even going back. My question, should I just suck it up and continue going to the dealership, if anything for continuity? Has anyone else had issues with Dodge's service?

2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When it came to the exhaust on my hellcat i had a bad squeak, I tracked it down to exhaust after seeing some complaints on the forums and realizing it's based on throttle usage. I dropped it off and they didn't touch it for a day. Day 2 they call me in the afternoon with "Couldn't replicate issue sorry". I asked if they took it for a test drive and they said yes.

Checked the dash cam and all they did was park it for a day, second day they brought it inside. Popped the engine bay and turned the car on. Pulled it out and called me. Went back to them with the SD-card in hand in-case they asked for proof of their negligence. They immediately threw a tech in the car with me and verified my complaint the second we left the dealer lot and they ordered the exhaust.

I've just learned to hold the dealer fully accountable and never take their word if i think I'm even slightly in the right. Investigate and cover your ground.

Something like a screw in a tire should have been as easy as a patch and charge 10 bucks for the patch. No reason the dealer should miss that on a 60-70k car.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Wow that's pretty lame on their part. Glad you resolved the issue. But that is exactly right. I told you the issue, now look at the tire and fix the problem. You patch it or replace the tire if it can't be patched. Seems pretty simple to me and I'm definitely a layman when it comes to vehicles, but I am learning.

4. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never had any problems with the dealership.This is the 5th car I buy with my salesman and go to him if I feel something is not right.I called him last month and told him the wife was bring the Grand Cherokee in for a recall.When she got there he had another Grand Cherokee rental waiting for her with out me asking so she would not have to spend the whole morning waiting around.To me that is service.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That sounds a lot like my dealership in Statesboro, Ga. I adore them, especially my Tech, Josh!! Josh rocks!

April

6. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It has been my experience that many "could not duplicate concern" scenarios can be attributed to a breakdown in communication. The concern stated on the repair order is vague or simply does not match the actual concern.

Best scenario would be for you to actually demonstrate the concern to the tech that will be performing the repair. However, this may not always be possible or practical. If not, I would like to suggest that the next time your vehicle needs service, that you compose your own repair request (either written on paper or in an email) and ask the service advisor to print it out verbatim on the repair order (he/she can add their own comments before/after). You'll need to be as specific as possible relating to conditions under which the concern occurs (ambient/vehicle temp, weather conditions, vehicle speed/attitude, throttle/brake on/off). Include pictures/videos if necessary.
    If you are aware of TSBs or other service publications that may address your concern, note them in your request (no need to waste paper. they can print them out if needed).
    If intermittent, state frequency and duration of occurrence.
    Also, please remember component location on a vehicle is from the driver's perspective (LF, RF, LR, RR).

Hope this helps make your next service visit a productive one.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have written many repair requests out in detail. handed it to them and they would read it.
    Laugh maybe, but they got what i was trying to get across. Never had an item missed after starting to do that.

Maybe the tech writer has only check boxes to do and a very small comment area to offer to the person in the shop.
    So an added description helps a lot.

If they don't get in on the first try, ask them what they read. and what they did not understand. If needed that is.
    Years ago i ran a tire / repair shop with 8 techs and found that more info is never too much.

Matt

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am darn lucky with the dealership I go to for anything, especially the HC. Milton CDJ in Milton, Florida...just outside Pensacola. From the Service Writers, to Mark, my tech, to Danial the Parts Manager, to Steve the overall boss, they have and continue to treat me and my vehicles as though they were their own...so much so that when I was not in the market I flipped my HC and bought one from them. Never done that before...was the easiest transaction I have ever had.

Unhappy with the Dealership? I'd find another...mine is nearly 40 miles away, but worth the drive every time!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ITSAHEMI

ITSAHEMI Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Heavy Metal I am sorry you had to deal with some moron at the dealership. The run flat tires can be patched depending on the location of the puncture within the tire.Some of the stealerships will tell you you need a tire automatically. I've been through this issue several times with BMW. Also what I did was to meet my SRT tech and asked him if he was qualified as a Viper tech. He was. This made me feel better. He and one other are the only ones who touch the Hellcats and Vipers only at my dealership. I bring my own fender covers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Animus707

Animus707 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would switch dealerships

11. MAXKILLS

MAXKILLS Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Will any dealership let you stay with the HC when service is being performed?

12. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Having a dealer and tech to trust is priceless. Finding one shouldn't be as hard as it is.

13. Driller

Driller Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Never have any problems with my dealer.
    They give all HC owner a discount parts account number for my
    use that includes parts over the counter and service department
    installed parts that are not warranty. saved a lot on a rear end gear ratio
    change and upgraded half shafts.

14. YLWJKT

YLWJKT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I haven't been able to find even a half way decent Dodge service center in Houston.

15. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Due to liability concerns, any repair shop would be reluctant to allow non-employees into the work area. If you feel the need to be in constant sight of your vehicle, look for a service facility where the waiting area has a window that overlooks the shop.