SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Dodge Demon Spied in Colorado?

22K views 114 replies 33 participants last post by  GreenGoCat 
#1 · (Edited)

The Dodge Demon has been spotted resting after a day of testing in the Colorado mountains.

Thanks to Hellcat.org member ArchGE we even have photographic proof! It appears the pair of Demon mules first spotted in Detroit last month have made their way west, alongside what looks like a new Scat Pack Challenger.

We have to hand Dodge big props on its clever use of hiding in plain sight camouflage, more than one outlet has doubted the veracity of the widebody Challengers on the basis of their aftermarket performance stickers.

The timing of these latest photos is perfect, as we're three weeks to the day away from the Demon's official reveal in NYC. Remember, if you see something, say something; we're happy to publish any and all Demon sightings!

See less See more
Reactions: ArchGE
#4 ·
Probably Vin Diesel out toying around while shooting the new Fast & Furious movie! :)

#8 ·
FF movie is done filming, has been done filming for almost a year now. Movie is due out on April 14th.

Is it not curious that these cars were in Detroit a few weeks ago and now the same pair has migrated to Colorado with what seems to be a new Hellcat?

#9 ·
FF movie is done filming, has been done filming for almost a year now. Movie is due out on April 14th.

Is it not curious that these cars were in Detroit a few weeks ago and now the same pair has migrated to Colorado with what seems to be a new Hellcat?
I know, that's why I said he was toying around with it, I didn't say he was filming #8...they're already onto #9! :)

#11 ·
Come to think of it, when I was in Aspen last September we came across a Cherokee that was clearly a test vehicle, it had all the black maskings you often see in spy photo's.

#13 ·
If F.F. is shooting in Colorado, I need to find out where so I can be a stalker :)
Well I was kidding, but that would be cool!

#14 ·
Would have been nice if the camera lens gave us a more clear shot.:)

Linda:)

#15 ·
Well, you could share some of your pics in it with us! ;)

Reactions: DGatzby
#17 ·

The Dodge Demon has been spotted resting after a day of testing in the Colorado mountains.

Thanks to Hellcat.org member ArchGE we even have photographic proof! It appears the pair of Demon mules first spotted in Detroit last month have made their way west, alongside what looks like a new Hellcat Challenger.

We have to hand Dodge big props on its clever use of hiding in plain sight camouflage, more than one outlet has doubted the veracity of the widebody Challengers on the basis of their aftermarket performance stickers.

The timing of these latest photos is perfect, as we're three weeks to the day away from the Demon's official reveal in NYC. Remember, if you see something, say something; we're happy to publish any and all Demon sightings!
Butt ugly! Bushwacker kit!!

#18 ·
Clearly I am not the only one who sees the other (what appears to be identical one) 3 cars over.... I vote mules... Whether HC or Demon.... mules none the less... for you Naysayers - Dodge 1 - you 0... why wouldnt it have a Nitto sticker on it.... Are not the Drag Radials Nittos? Just sayin.... "if it quacks like a duck."

#21 ·
Or gullible. There is NO way anyone is getting a look on the street of the Demon until the April New York show. Plenty of time to spot it after the fact and before it hits the road. The first one Im sure is in Red since that is what they are promoting. Definitely not the Demon. Dodge has to much riding on these teaser videos to just let loose a Demon in a parking lot. Please put more thought into your posts :D

#23 ·
We know from prior years that they test these cars at different altitudes. Research and development is necessary and provided very important data.

Hope they don't leave the keys in one

Thank you Michael for post.
I get them testing it but they arent going to test the Demon right now and let anyone get a good look at until after April show. Plenty of time before they roll out on the streets to test them, no reason to do it before the show. And in silver? No freakin way, when all they have promoted is the red one. You could point to the Fast and Furious silver ones, but my guess is those are dressed up hellcats made to look like Demon but in no way are they really an actual Demon.

#29 ·
Also, I know some of you are alleging it's just a random car with a Liberty Walk body kit; BUT, note the differences in surface shape, size and, also the integrated front reflector on the silver car vs off-the-shelf LB kits:

#31 ·
Theres no way three weeks before the grand unveil that they are actually still testing. That would send a tremendously bad message about FCA. All of their testing was done long ago. Those two cars are probably promotional tools that are bouncing around here and there, but any actual testing at this point in the game would not be believable. Highly doubtful that real Demons are just out in plain sight anywhere at all. No way.

Reactions: GreenGoCat
#49 ·
You're confusing debut with deliveries.

Companies do it all the time, for example, Chevy showed the ZL1 around this time last year, but it remained testing alongside the ZL1 1LE all the way through deliveries beginning in the fall.

The message this sends is that FCA is working round the clock to shave off even the smallest thousandth of a second. Your belief in how a car should be revealed is what makes this strategy so effective. Remember what FCA said about the Demon's marketing campaign from day 1? Everything is relevant.

Besides, this:

Isn't really much different from this:

#35 ·
#37 ·
I guess those Demon hoods appeared out of thin air?
Those hoods are on Challengers already. Theyre out there. The only thing that appeared out of thin air is the rampant wishful bigfoot, er, Demon sightings.

#38 · (Edited)
The guy who took the pictures met with the factory R&D team in Frisco, CO at the same time. He tried to get them to give up HP numbers on the silver ones but they were tight lipped and said you'll have to wait until April. He said the interiors looked pretty stock though. Were they just messing with him? They were there with a Cat and R/T also. BTW, he told me the lens cover on his camera phone popped off, messing up his pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.