dodge hellcat challenger speedlogix skip shift eliminator install

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by carcass, Dec 13, 2015.

1. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dodge hellcat challenger speedlogix skip shift eliminator install
    :
    installed the Speedlogix brand 6 speed manual 1st to 4th gear skip shift eliminator today and thought I would post a picture or two.
    The instructions that come with the elimantor are incorrect or incomplete and misleading about the placement of the skip shift solenoid. The instructions say it is the upper most solenoid on the transmission. Not! View attachment 31844 View attachment 31845 december 13 2015 286.JPG december 13 2015 287.JPG
    I researched it and found a diagram picture and description of the transmission and the solenoid that needs to be interrupted is the one that is on the drivers side just forward of the trans crossmember it angles downward pointing somewhat to the ground. VERY EASY To REACH. the incorrect solenoid would be a pain, and what a pain it would be if you put it on the wrong one and had to jack the car up again because your car could no longer go into reverse!!!!
    Glad I researched it before putting the car up on the rack.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  2. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Skip Shift Eliminator Directions Part # ACC-DMWT801
    Here is a link to the diagram of the trans and some helpful instructions.
    Sounds like the "newchallengerstore" plug is slightly different from the speedlogix in that its just a dummy plug.
    the speedlogix is a short 4" cable that goes between the solenoid and the cable.