Dodge Hellcat Dyno/Test Break in

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by The Max, Jan 27, 2015.

1. The Max

The Max Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Does the initial Dyno/test for 42 minutes, that Dodge performs on each and every Hellcat motor preclude worrying about piston ring sealing?

When i originally started driving, last century, We always followed manufacturers warranty/ break in recommendations. But as i learned a little more about engines and how piston rings need several heat/cool cycles to seal correctly for maximum rpm and horsepower my mind has changed to run it like you stole it!

I remember one indy car driver that demanded he do the break in for all his motors and he would take the car initially and put it in first gear and slowly bring the engine to max rpm. His thinking was that this made his cars faster.

We all want our car to be the fastest, So do i baby this car initially for the gears and transmission?

BTW I don't have my Charger Hellcat yet and yes it is snowing outside so all I can do is dream right now.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  2. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think the engine is fine. It's all of the other parts its connected to that need a break in.

• Agree Agree x 1