Dodge postponing charger and challenger turnover to 2020

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by BlackCat15, May 31, 2016.

1. BlackCat15

BlackCat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
  2. mdmoore23

mdmoore23 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope they don't keep making Hellcats all that time.

3. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    The Hellcats will just keep getting better.

4. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you bought a hellcat for resale, you bought the wrong car. Hope they keep churning them out. They will easily break 20k cars within the 2017 model year with over 8k cars built this year, hopefully another 8k this year or more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  6. flanman

flanman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sergio Marchionne is just another in a long line in the past twenty years or so who have come in, bled Chrysler dry, then left the carcass for someone else to build back up and bleed dry again.

The automotive press seems to think he is some super auto exec. All I see is someone who really has no clear plan, and seems to change his unclear plan every three or four months.

For us lifelong Mopar guys, it is so sad to watch.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The hellcats def keep getting better and better. We all have super cars and it will attempted to be duplicated. You can't replicate the perfect mix of nostalgia and new like the way our cars are.

8. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Too bad a group of real American car enthusiasts could not take the company over. Hellcat owners maybe? I would volunteer to be president. I would only ask $2 million per year.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was reading several articles on the supposed 2017 Dodge Barracuda (with the HC engine). Several different body styles were shown, I really like the Blue two door version if anyone else has seen the articles. I do hope they continue expanding model choices with the HC engine, that helps guarantee minor modifications to the platform that hopefully will change some of the design flaws (non-pinned crank) that have shown to be serious in nature. I would like the technology package to be available in the HC, and more interior fabric/color choices for the HC. If Dodge can put 6 way power seats into a lesser model than the HC, why not the HC. I have looked at the Challenger and the sales brochure and a power passenger seat doesn't seem to be available (anyone have a power passenger seat in a Challenger?), my wife won't buy a car without it, nor with black seats. I need more options to truly convert her over.

Cheers.

10. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Not quite so bad for us Charger owners as at least we got a refresh in 2015, but the Challenger hasn't changed much in the looks department since it came out in 2008; this will have a negative effect on re-sale values I think when a 2019 car looks nearly identical in style to a 2008 car...

12. Jettster

Jettster Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hasn't hurt the resale on the upper models at all-I got $25k on trade real $ for my 2010 SRT8 with 34k miles that stickered for $45k. My dealer sold the car for $28k. Before anyone cries foul I saved nearly $2k in taxes in NJ by trading, so it was like selling myself for $27k.
    That's a 60% residual in 6 years-we are WAY better off than the average car buyer-most cars would be at 25-30%...

13. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    It's just my opinion. Maybe it will hurt new sales more. I dunno. Most people I would guess hang on to a car for 4-5 years on average then trade in for a new model. Would it be that enticing if the new model looked pretty much like the one you're trading in?

Anyway I don't think this is good news for us Mopar people regardless....

14. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From what little I know: I believe a new platform for the Charger / Challenger has more to do with the Brampton Plant. Between labor relations with the C.A.W. & the much needed upgrades to the old plant (A 1986 AMC factory) and the amount FCA bleeds over the next few years will dictate when the new launch will be... And unfortunately, I don't see the new units being built in the Brampton facility...

Taking a gamble on a new launch in the next couple of years maybe too risky for FCA. The markets are shaky at best. Their clogged with their Jeep/ SUV & Cross over line ups. To me, it seems like they need to stream line their "bread & butter" models.

15. All2Easy

All2Easy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They don't have a plan......with them dropping the Dart and 200, they have significant portfolio gaps. The Fiat brand is not winning in the US, and the Chrysler brand uninspiring.

When is Ram do for a refresh? Perhaps they are directing money towards their truck line to stay up with Ford and GM. Looks to me that the new F150 is a sales success (at least from what I have seen on the road).....I know Ram sells a lot of trucks today, but they need to keep that line moving as margin is good.