dodge service..

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by alilodhi, Feb 17, 2016.

1. alilodhi

alilodhi Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    BY far today i was sadly disappointed by dodge.. what kind of automobile maker makes a car of this value and doesnt have a certified tech on hand at each dealer. I understand that the dealerships have plenty of cars to look at, but out of all my cars, its always dodge that gives me a headache to take in for a light or service.

I have a GTR, and whenever i go in for service or oil change, i am greeted as a VIP member because i have bought one of their top of the line cars..
    Same goes for the z06..
    Same goes for the R8
    Same goes for SLS.
    Same goes for the Lambo/rarri

So i try and go in for a dumb engine light.. which btw seems to be more a problem in these hellcats than normal.. and they said i have to get a rental on my own expense.. like what??? how are you guys gonna charge me for a rental when its your car under warranty breaking down.. smh

Dont get me wrong i love the hellcat.. but dodge really needs to do something about hiring just HC/viper techs for each dealer.

2. Challengerta

Challengerta Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealerships are independently owned and thus have their own policy on loaners etc., FCA can only offer discounts on parts and cars for those that follow their guidelines.

3. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The extended warranty care program offers a rental.

None the less; I definitely agree that most of the dealership service departments are garbage.

Your best bet is to find a high volume dealer that also sells Vipers. They'll usually have a SRT tech on site.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If its just a dumb light buy a scanner and diagnose it yourself

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Every time I've left any SRT vehicle at service I've been offered a rental. 3 different dealerships. I don't know if it's an SRT thing or them just being nice.

6. alilodhi

alilodhi Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So buy a scanner on top of a 70k car.. That has warranty..

7. alilodhi

alilodhi Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it may depend on where you live and how rare the srt is to that city, I'm in Houston so I'm sure they see a lot of hellcats... But that doesn't defeat the purpose of getting treated correctly

8. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In order to sell hellcats you need SRT TRAINED techs. Otherwise you can't sell them per your dealer agreement. SRT certification is not free for owners. It cost abt 25,000 to get into the program. Training cost is also higher as well as more frequent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Either that or sit in the waiting room all day because you forgot to tighten your gas cap. Don't worry, it'll work on your other $500,000 worth of cars too

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge certainly sucks in the service area compared to Audi Lexus etc etc. Go through SRT to set up your rental before you go to the dealer. Anytime I ask the dealer about a loaner they say they don't do that, but when I tell them I'm getting a loaner through them or SRT, they have always said not to call SRT and they handle the loaner for me. Shouldn't have to threaten them with going over their heads but you do.... At least here in Houston.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    By the way, what code was it throwing? In case you don't know it'll tell you the code in the diagnostic screen

• Like Like x 1
  12. alilodhi

alilodhi Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    P121B nothing big but that light is buzzkill

13. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think it all depends on the dealership. My dealership is small, in Statesboro, Georgia. My husband and I have been treated wonderfully each and every time we have been to the dealership, for any reason (even before we bought the Hellcat). If the service wait is more than 1.5 hours, whether it is Marty's RAM or my Hellcat, they offer a loaner car so I can go shopping, out to a restaurant, want to drive home ... whatever.

It is a shame that some dealerships do not know the meaning of good customer service!

April

• Like Like x 1
  14. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like you either need to address this with the dealership managment or find a new dealership. Groaning here won't help.

This is one of those times when there is no better help, than self help!

15. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is a nationwide issue. Most dealers treat their top of the line car owners like you bought a 5k used off-brand car from them on the lot. While other car manufacturers dealers step it up, Dodge dealers haven't.

FCA doesn't seem to want to do anything about it, Obviously doesn't care cause they haven't asked the public and have no control over their dealers actions. Trust me i've gone through multiple dealers and the quality difference between going to a benz,audi,lexus dealership and a dodge dealership is more then just night and day.

Dodge dealers don't do rentals, Most American car companies don't. Hand in your 90's benz for service at a benz dealer though and you get a 2015/2016 rental. People wonder why FCA isn't doing well.

• Winner Winner x 1