Dodge to Buyers: Beware of Dishonest Hellcat Dealers

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Ricardo Piquant, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Ricardo Piquant

Ricardo Piquant Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did you see this article?

It looks like Dodge is trying to preempt dealing with angry customers by distancing themselves from some dealers, and deflecting blame. I'm shocked that FCA is actually admitting some of their dealers are participating in shady/shifty/shitty practices.

Also, its the first time I've seen FCA say something in contradiction to what SRT has said with regard to how many hellcats will be built. FCA said, according to this article, that there's a chance even if you want a hellcat you may not EVER get filled. This is in contrast to SRT which has said they will build one for everyone who wants one. FCA seems to be directly contradicting SRT's CEO

Dodge to Buyers Beware of Dishonest Hellcat Dealers - Boldride.com

2. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I only just placed an order last week for my hellcat with a dealer I've purchased a few new cars from in the past. I'm told I'm number 20 but warned me they may need to roll my order into a 2016 and wait a year But he thinks alot of them are double orders from other dealers so there's a chance much sooner who knows but I'm patient and the dealer is giving me a great deal So I'll wai .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While I like the author's approach in how they wrote this out in realistic terms I still don't know how credible this site is and it could be just keywords and subject to gain hits like reporting news on something they have no concrete facts about. If this came from FCA's blog like they mentioned about the recalls coming then yeah THAT is official news I can feel comfortable about reading. But it's a good realistic article thanks for sharing!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As you can see I just joined the forum but this is what I gather.
    Back in Sept-Dec customers placed orders most of which are still waiting. I think what may have happened in some of those cases dealers took there money but placed a number of dealer orders ahead of the Cus. In turn the customers placed orders elsewhere some 2-3 with the intention of only wanting 1. Dodge is seeing this and can't determine the true demand and how many are reall orders. It's a mess that needs to be fixed but the last thing dodge wants including use owners/future owners is to have an over saturation in the market of Hellcats.

one thing I do know these will be made as long as they are being sold trust me Dodge wants everyone's money.
    A good example of this is the 2011 wrangler Rubicon 10A.Came with great off road bumpers, heat escape hood,red rubicon decal,big tires,red leather seats and a interior badge numbering each one.They were only to made that year but they sold so well they are still making them just under a different pkg name and minus the red seats and badge.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  5. Ricardo Piquant

Ricardo Piquant Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    just to note....this was actually posted on FCA's blog. The article quotes their blog.

6. SRThellkitty

SRThellkitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I read that article this morning and from what I gather is this.

YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING A HELLCAT OR WILL BE WAITING FOREVER IF YOU'RE 5 OR HIGHER ON ANY WAITING LIST !!!

Your chances are better if you keep your money in the bank until you can find one on the dealerships lot. Otherwise order and wait and wait etc...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Two interesting points, One a month either a Challenger or Charger not one of each. and if they have one on the lot they can't place the order.
    Pretty much explains why I needed to get my car ASAP from my dealer, they probably wanted to get another one in the system.
    They had a Viper in the showroom but I did not like the colors, the manager told me I could not order a Viper ( from them )until the one on the showroom floor was delivered. Due to the Allocation process.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. BlackCat

BlackCat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, i just saw this article also:
    Dodge warns customers of unscrupulous Hellcat dealers Fox News

9. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Chrysler has said nothing new........All they have done is point out that there a few Dealerships that ordered way to many and should have known better........Not one dealer is going to get 50+ Hellcats in a Year.......Not even the top Ford Dealers got 50+ GT500's in a single year.........And if you were one of those people you need to rethink your actions............

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thats is what I have been saying civilenginee42..