Dodge Track Experience Reviews

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT 392' started by phoenix1, Apr 19, 2015.

1. phoenix1

phoenix1 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Has anyone been to the Dodge Track Experience Program that is part of the 2015 Car Purchase?? I am signed up at Michigan International Speedway in late June and wondering what to expect as it is an all day program.

2. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think forum member HART from SoCal is doing the SRT track experience at Fontana today. I am sure he will give us his impressions. I am looking at this Fall at Fontana most likely.

3. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Been more than once. It is a lot of fun. If you are a professional racer it would be boring and it is not serious driver training but taken as a fun day tearing around in Dodges cars it is great.
    Do some searching on Youtube and you will find videos from people who attended. You get a USB stick of your in car recording.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm going to MIS in late June,, what date are you going

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    did it in 2011- so here's my 2011 experience

breakfast
    track talk
    group splits in 1/2
    1/2 goes to the track.....get in groups of 2.....you follow a race car driver and each get your own car...so 3 cars in a row....if you tailgate the lead driver will slow down...your stuck going whatever speed he wants....you get an opportunity to try all 4 SRT's they had there (challenger,300,jeep,charger)...at the time i went only the challengers were 392's

they had 2 activities for the parking lot...cones laid all out.....
    1 activity was with the jeep...keep it in 1st gear and run around the cones....they keep track of who was the fastest
    2nd activity was a head to head race with Challenger RT's (WTF RT's at a SRT event)...anyways you each start out at opposite sides go around a loop, stop mid way, then go again around the other loop and back to where you started...1st car to get there wins....they keep track of your wins and there is a winner there

at the end you each get a ride in a 392 Challenger at full speed with the race car driver driving....mine was doing some drifting around the corners...very cool

the guys who won the activity races (4 total- 2 from each group) get a ride in a Viper ACR....its funny you get used to seeing all the SRT's pass you all day on the track...then the ACR comes out and its like double the speed flying past you...when a younger guy got out after his ride he stumbled getting out of the car...it was very cool

there is a good lunch also

at the end you got a stupid orange cone with SRT written on it and a worthless duffle bag which my brother threw out in a dumpster in the parking lot and i gave to my kid to keep his hot wheels in....im hoping they give tee shirts by now

i really, REALLY enjoyed it.....i went with wife,brother and a friend....this time im bringing my 11 year old son and my brother again.....sounds like ill be going also with a few forum members.....my son is super excited because mine is at Road America which he has on his Forza xbox game

one tip that i did to have more fun...on the head to head on my #3 try it was pretty clear i couldnt win anymore....so i decided to just have fun with the car...i slid around the corners and hit at many cones as possible and slid into the stop box.....i drove like an animal and didnt care.......just something for you to consider if you can no longer win...just beat the F--k out of the car and the tires

the day was probably in my top 5 days of my life....i am really looking forward to sept 1st

• Like Like x 1
  6. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huggytree's description is great. The last time I went in 2014, there were no Vipers and no R/Ts. They still give out the cones to the winning team at the Autocross event which I learned to hate the cones but I like the one I got.
    The fastest time on the Autocross is the Jeep- everytime I have been there.
    It is true if you tailgate the lead the driver on the road course, he/she will slow down. They tell you to maintain 3 car lengths from the driver in front. Concentrate 100% on doing that. If both following drivers are maintaining the 3 car lengths, the lead driver will speed up. To close or too far = slow laps. 3 car lengths = fast laps. Also try to pair up with somebody equal or better than your skill so neither will fall behind.
    The last time I went - on the hot lap the pro driver was a lady that races or raced motorcycles, I forget her name. She was driving the 300 SRT. She carried on a conversation with me the whole time and her driving was fast and smooth including drifting through the turns. That impressed me.

7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    do they still give out duffle bags?

what was the prize for 1st place in the autocross if they dont have a viper anymore?

im curious of they will have HC's when i go in sept

8. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In Oct 2014 -
    Yes on the duffel bags.
    I don't remember the prizes for 1-3 place overall. Might have been jackets, etc.
    The earlier times I went, they drew colors for Viper rides. The TE badge or USB stick had a color sticker. I got one Viper ride of the times I was there.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    why win the race if there is no price?.......or does everyone get a 1st place trophy like 5 year old baseball

10. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I should have said I don't remember THE prizes. There were some prizes for 1-3 place in Autocross.
    No - not everybody got a trophy.

11. skibum819

skibum819 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did it once before.. I thought it was a blast. The only negative I had was that they don't teach you how to push the car or become a better driver.. You have to go in with some of your own driving skills

12. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Any tips on how to outrun a police helicopter?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i thought a 150mph ride around a race track in a ACR was the ultimate prize........but i guess why keep tow a car around the country just to drive it around the track as a prize...

maybe you win a larger cone instead

14. skibum819

skibum819 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hide somewhere....LOL. At that point just hope the car doesn't get impounded and the cops confiscate it... That would suck bad

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Went Saturday at Fontana. Laps, auto cross, more laps, drag races, hot laps. They gave auto cross winners dodge backpacks, auto cross team winners the little cone, and everybody got a small SRT pack and silver dodge commuter cup. They also had stuff for sale. I picked up a dodge performance polo, the 707HP black/green t shirt and a SRT ballpoint. Overall a fun day.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2