Dodge Website Cars In Transit?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rollieman, Jan 5, 2016.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As you know when you do a Dodge Challenger inventory search you come across cars listed as "in transit" and actually show the window sticker.

My question is are the cars shown as "in transit" for cars ordered on speculation by the dealers only, or, do they include customer ordered cars as well.

Reason I ask, is because I would like to get the window sticker in advance of delivery so I can have the car already insured before it hits the dealer. Grundy said they will accept the window sticker and give me a 10 day insurance rider ---------- then they will require actual pictures thereafter.

I'm trying to minimized having the car hanging around the dealership and ideally want the car out of there the day it hits the dealer if possible?

Thank you !

2. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge controls the website. They will include all vehicles completed and on their way to the dealership.

You have to contact dealership to find out if it is a customer order or dealer stock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you Toolman, that's good news --------- it's a "customer order".

4. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yes you'll certainly be able to print the window sticker before you get the car, it'll be on the dodge website and most likely your dealers website as well.

5. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Once you have your VIN you should be able to generate the Window Sticker and the Build Sheet. Reference the post below for the URL's you need. Replace the 'xxxx's with your VIN (no quotes). This is the same window sticker you see on the Dodge dealer sites.

Build Sheet and Window Sticker | SRT Hellcat Forum