Dodge will Select Four Students' Depictions of the 2025 Hellcat

Discussion in 'Hellcat News and Site Announcements' started by DrumsOfGrohl, Dec 14, 2015.

1. DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl Hellcat Member

[​IMG]

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV is sponsoring a contest to inspire the next generation of designers. The 2016 FCA US Drive for Design contest was announced this week for students in grades 10-12. The idea is to have the students come up with a design for the 2025 Dodge Hellcat SRT.

The judges of the contest are some of Dodge's top designers, including the heads of the design teams for FCA global, Ram Truck and Mopar, and FCA US Dodge and SRT.

The competition was created in 2013 by Mark Trostle, who is also one of this year's judges. Trostle believes that this contest will give students, who might otherwise have never understood "the possibility of a career in automotive design," the kind of exposure needed to inspire and motivate them to do so.

The student champions will win prizes including Apple products, a three-week summer automotive design course at the College for Creative Studies, and a paid trip to Detroit. The awards will be given on February 26 at Cobo Center in Detroit, and will help kick off the 64th annual Meguiar's Detroit Autorama.

If you or someone you know is interested in entering this competition, head over to FCADriveForDesign.com for contest rules, information, and submissions.

The contest started in Detroit, but has since made it onto the national level.

[​IMG]

Source: Detroit News

• Like Like x 1
  2. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Funny,
    I thought the end year model was 2018?

3. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    By then it will have an electrically driven, supercharged two cylinder so it can meet CAFE regulations.

4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i would draw an Egg shaped car that drives itself with a 10 hp engine that gets 200 mpg

thats where the future will be as soon as the next gen is able to afford new cars.....they will be able to text while driving their Egg Hellcat and wont even notice the world around them while driving..

5. ManicMechanicMD

ManicMechanicMD Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Funny you say that. I remember a good friend of mine though it sucked when he was a kid about what cars would become in the future. He thought we would be driving with joysticks or something like the Jetsons. Though there are definitely envy a car that would take me to my destination with no input from me, it's certainly not ever when I'm in the Hellcat.

Driving 10 hours past Denver to go skiing in the family minivan...that's a different story.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. DShatzer

DShatzer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    45 years ago, we mourned the end of the muscle car...by 40 years ago, we knew unleaded fueled cars would never perform like the muscle cars of the 50's, 60's and early 70's. I will probably not see another 40 years, but looking at some of the hyper performance electric and hybrid cars, there will be performance aplenty. No crime in respecting nature and the environment. Our new muscle cars like the Hellcat are far more economical, safe and environmentally friendly than engineers could conceive with the materials and processes available in the dark ages. My 1970 R/T got 13 mpg, downhill, with a tailwind, and coasting. My Hellcat gets over 20, if I am just cruising around. No comparison. And you can already text message hands free in many new cars. My 2013 XXX does that, and reads incoming texts through the stereo. Different priorities for different generations. Embrace diversity and drive the wheels off your Hellcat. Merry Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    your egg may be issued by your government in our future more 'fair' society

your old 2015 HC will only be allowed on the road for parades.......doubt 2025 brings this, but maybe some day......if Bernie Sanders wins it may be 2025

8. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's cool... great opportunity for some kid!;)

9. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow... looks pretty high performance... the car looks pretty good too!:D

10. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    2500HP, 300MPG and looks just like this. It no backup camera but the drivers seat spins 360 degrees LOL.

upload_2015-12-15_10-9-50.png

11. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd love cars that drive themselves...I'll have sooooooooooo much sex going to and from work everyday

12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

now picture this car as the community's car...belonging to all of us.....open the door and the cabin will be smeared with feces, urine and semen.....with a picture of whoever our 'dear leader' is on the dashboard to remind us how lucky we are to live in the USA

i 100% believe most cars will drive themselves by the time im old and ready to die....i think the experience of driving is going to die off and people are going to look at it as just getting to where they want to go....w/ no experience involved w/ the driver and open road.

13. dancap3286

dancap3286 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will be responsible for the urine.:confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    and i will be responsible for the feces and then the semen....i need to wipe better some days.....skid marks= me bad

15. DShatzer

DShatzer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    By the time autonomous cars are the rule you'll need to prove you have your astronaut diapers on to get inside.