Does my HC have multiple personalities or just plain Bipolar?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by MattG, Mar 20, 2016.

1. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was in Hampstead NC for the last 2 weeks and really missed my Charger. while there the weather was in the upper 60's and 70's.
    Lots of Mopar's in the Pender County area. A few times I saw 9 or 10 in five minutes. the colors only Ma Mopar puts out.
    Now back in PA and the temps are in the low 40's with flurries. go figure.
    I unloaded my tools from my truck and just HAD to start up the HC to hear it purrrrr again.

But starting up the car is never enough. So it is time for a quick ride around the back roads where I live. For the heck of it I put the car in Track Mode.
    I read an article on our site from one of the newer vendors that said when in track mode the exhaust valves (at the mufflers) are kept wide open, so the sound is much more of a growl...
    Why not, so I put it in track mode, gave it some gas and I think I was in someone else's car.

I always drove in default mode with easy settings. this time in Track Mode the car just explodes with power and upshifts like crazy.
    the sound is very exciting to hear and the people you pass along the way really turn around to see the car now.

I thought "is this the same car?" Maybe she is pissed off I left her in the garage alone for two weeks. Here I go talking as though it was a person now... Christine? Jekyll and Hyde?

I now have 2 or more cars in one. I guess there is only one prescription for this. Take it out and drive it. Try out all the modes if you have not yet done so. But don't forget to tone it down when your spouse gets in.

Repeat as necessary. then refill the tank and repeat again

Matt

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Gremlins

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good write Matt!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wild to mild and back again...and again...and again...and again...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good write-up. Agreed, nothing is like full track mode to put a large smile on your face. Well, full track mode and a day on a closed track....larger smile.

• Agree Agree x 1