Does your dealer try to screw you??

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by B5Cat, May 10, 2016.

1. B5Cat

B5Cat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My local dealer Buhler Dodge in Hazlet NJ ,who last year was only able to get 1 Hellcat Challenger which the owner kept himself is trying to get rich fast. They are located about 5 minutes from my work, while the other dealer which was very close to my house was closed years ago when Chrysler was closing dealerships.. Needless to say, they are the only local dealer with all the other ones at least 1/2 hour away. But anyway, I have referred countless friends their for their new and used car purchases and they always took care of them. But the parts department is a different story. It started last year when i went to buy a SRT oil filter for my Hellcat. Well there retail price is 2x list price. When I asked them about it they told me I was incorrect about the list price.. So the other day I went there again to give them again another chance. I was doing the B Woody carbon fiber kit and need a few plastic pop rivets that hold the front and rear covers on. I wanted to use "factory" parts even though the aftermarket ones were identical to the factory rivets but really cheap!! So I go there Saturday and picked up 1/2 dozen of part # 06504737 and was told they list for $9.40 plus tax for a PLASTIC RIVET. He said he would give me a discount $4.70 each. So not knowing any better I bought them. Fast forward, the covers need more than 6 so I called and ordered a few more. Before I went today to pick them up, I searched Google and found out the all the online dealerships list them for $4.70 and sell them from $3.44 @. Ok.. So when I was purchasing them I asked the parts man if he could do a little better on the price and he told me that they list for $9.40 and that he was selling them to me at a discounted price of $4.70. I then explained to him that the actual suggested retail price is $4.70 and online they sell for $3.44. Well he then just about told me I was full of shi* and turned around and walked away. If I had not ordered them from the dealer I would have walked out. To me it's all about how your treated and they do not know how to take care of a customer...

2. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I used to live in hazlet. Some, not all dealers are like that. Internet is a wonderful tool for avoiding the bad ones

3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those rivets are sold in bags in quantity of 10 I believe. Hose bags don't deverse your money or class for that matter.

Holy crap. Tell your friends abt and post a review for them. Greedy shit bags

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Service and parts dept make the dealership the real money. The original price was way out of whack but they can honestly charge whatever they want. If you can find them cheaper online, then do it but at full suggested retail, you are paying for convenience.

The way they handled your price comment is unprofessional but no sense getting ruffled over a few extra bucks.

5. HellCat_child253

HellCat_child253 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey bud you ever run into a conflicting argument of list price shoot me a pm with the part number and i will in turn shoot you a list cost and btw the 4.70 is the list cost of the part he should of sold them at 3.25 to keep a good customer and make a sell

• Like Like x 1
  6. B5Cat

B5Cat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I understand completetly. I was parts manager for 14 years at a high end dealership a few years back. I ALWAYS treated customers they I would like to be treated. Our dealership was ranked #3 in the US.. What get me is his arrogance and telling me that the part list for $9.40 even when I explained to him that I went online and I know the actual retail is $4.70 and I was only purchasing it from them to support my local dealer. So much for my support.
    HellCat_child253 i will keep you in mind for any future parts I might need... Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  7. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Would thin the Dealer OEM parts department have to have some pricing consistency across the US, but maybe not.

8. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ive noticed this too at the dealers. Btw, if you tell them youre from a local body shop you get another 30% off......

9. Wayne

Wayne Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've always paid 10% over dealer's net cost for any parts I purchase through the Dodge dealer. The parts manager is a close friend of mine. He gets me prices that are less than I can find anywhere else.

10. HadesGata

HadesGata Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Someone actually paid 12 over for that redline hellcat 6spd they had on their showroom floor about a month ago

11. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's hard to believe but maybe there are some people who are not doing their homework on pricing. To that point the dealer I bought my first cat from has 6 on the lot now all at 5k over so I guess it's possible.

12. mrcaio

mrcaio Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I used to live in Old Bridge, I feel your pain. I'm in S. Fla now. The rubber strip where the front of the hood where it closes on my wife's 2012 tore and I had to replace it. Like you I found it needed 10 or 12 rivets (I forget the actual number). I tried to get aftermarket ones from the local auto parts stores but they didn't have the right size. I found Arrigo Dodge in West Palm had their parts department open so I went to buy the rivets knowing they were almost $5 each. The guy told me they were $5 each and I could probably get them from an auto parts store much cheaper. I told him I've been that route and I had no choice, I needed them and I understood it was ridiculous. The guy put grabbed 12 rivets and just handed them to me. He said don't worry about it. I was shocked! I've not had great experiences with their service department in the past, but the parts guys have always been stand up guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unless you need them pronto, Amazon and Ebay is usually the way to go for factory parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HellCat_child253

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    We have a base price that we dealers pay and that's across the board. We all pay the same to have the part in our department but we are all free to mark up as we see fit we are a business. With that said do i agree with all the prices no but do i understand that there here to make money and not break even yes i do get that to.

15. HellCat_child253

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's when you pull it up on your phone show him and call him a blooming idiot and walk out with your middle finger up at least i would lol.