DON"T TRUST ANYBODY...I'm Serious!!!..UPDATE/SOLVED!!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Snappycat, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I took my HC to my dealer for a leaking rear differential seal 2 days ago. I am a dumb$h!t and left the red key...my stupidity.They did the repair and as I got a block from the dealer after picking it up, I checked the top speed readout in the DID section. 153mph is what it read. WTF...WTF... I went right back to the dealer. As I got out of the car, a service writer said oh you are back..can we help you? I replied in a loud voice..."someone is going to F'ing die!! This is Bull$h!T!! I went right into the service mgrs office and said...who the hell drove my car at 153mph? He looked at me like...HUH? I showed him and another service advisor the readout. They had no answer, but to say perhaps changing the rear seal might have given an erroneous readout. Are you F'ing serious I said? I am fuming mad...I mean FUMING!! I went home and called the owner...who has been always straight with me. I told him what happened and he was stunned.He could not find out who did it, but also told me never to ever leave the red key with anyone. I said I trusted you and your dealership and you guys did this crap? I did clear the mph reading 2 week before this happened so I know it didn't happen at Brampton or during transit prior to delivery. I have never let the red key out of my sight and NO ONE has driven my HC without me present. My top speeds were 100mph...twice. I have been very gentle on it...it had 1143 miles on it when it went in for service. The dealer called a mgt meeting yesterday morning and set some strict SRT service/HC policies in place. Only the red key or black key will be given to the service mgr who will tightly control who has access to an SRT vehicle. I also said that in the future, all HC must be put in valet mode prior to being left for service. There are no security cameras yet, but will be soon. I have been very direct with the owner and actually tore him a new one on the phone. He was very apologetic and said he would make it right with me. How???I don't know yet. Anyway, my wife said...well I guess we are done using them. The first thought is to say hell yea. Then I thought...if I take it to another dealer, the same thing may happen. At least with my local dealer, they ALL know not even to think of screwing with the kitty and that there are now very strict guidelines in place. I will have to think about all of this. My suggestions to everyone are...clear you mph readout before taking it in. Do not tell them that you did this. Whoever took out my HC didn't know of this feature and was thinking they could joyride WOT with my cat...and the dealerships credibility was ruined as a result. Always set the car in valet mode and deal only with ownership or the service mgr when taking it in. Be VERY VERY direct and clear that under no circumstances is the HC to leave the lot without you in the car. If the service tech needs to road test it, you must be present. OK all this is the abbreviated version...but I assure you, I am not letting this rest as of yet. I did call UConnect and SRT and they are seeing if there is some kind of readout report giving exact date and time this happened. Hopefully will hear back by Mon. This info isn't stored on the car, but could have been uplinked through/toUConnect somewhere in the cars performance diagnostics. DON'T EVER TRUST ANYONE WITH YOUR HC...EVER!!!
    EDIT UPDATE...for those who don't want to read all 14 pages...go to post #243 of this thread for the answer.:)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 10
  2. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's total BS, the tech had no respect for your property and seeing as he works for the dealership ultimately they are responsible, they know who did it for sure as some techs name is on the work order

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Another reason why I absolutely hate bringing the car to service for anything. I'm glad you gave it to them good.

Is this read out easy to get to?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I use a mechanic that only does exotics for regular service, dealer only for warranty and then only one tech that I know very well

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And you are not in jail? So they are saying the tech didn't do it? They just leave your keys around for anybody to drive your car or what?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The 153mph top speed readout is in the DID screen/controls on the left hand side of the steering wheel...the UConnect diagnostic possibilities are still pending.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe they didn't drive it it that fast? Maybe they just did a really good burnout and spun the tires up that fast? J/K, that does suck. I see you are also from CA, what dealer in the IE was it? Just so i know to not go there

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Never knew you could clear top speed, how? Then who's to say they don't after a ride. I can't believe a tech would do that though, proly some other moron

9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    that is bs, somebody is not being honest with you.

I left my Red key with dealer by accident no problems.

10. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At first, the service writers were saying it never left the yard...was up on a lift with the wheels running at idle for almost an hour to check the rear seal repair. Then the owner told me that the tech had taken it around the city block...maybe 1/2 to 1 mile max. I think the service writer is primarily responsible because I gave the key to him. He now has control of the car/chain of custody and he best make sure NO ONE messes with it. The dealer is thinking...in the back of their minds.......that there is something I'm not telling them. BS...my facts are 100%...and if I did take it to 153mph....why would I even be saying anything...most dicks would be bragging about it. The owner and I will be talking again next week. He has to find out who is doing this. His company has too much too lose....good will, negative community feedback, liability issues big time....and yes...no security cameras or special SRT service protocol. Everyone...please learn from my mistake. We share info and support each other on this forum. If I screw up, I am big enough to admit it, especially if can spare someone else the aggravation. I'll call this the HUGGYTREE ....he had the guts to tell everyone about his mishap on the first day or HC ownership....HC's don't do well in snow and ice.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aaron Vogel

Aaron Vogel Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When you go in the DID and view your top speed, i think it says hold "ok" to clear. If i do it i would take a pic of the top speed with the mileage shown so they can see both

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    car wash jockey at dealer,, part time college boy

• Like Like x 1
  13. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It says in the owners manual that you can clear it by holding down the OK button when it comes up. Worked on my Challenger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NX91Notch

NX91Notch Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The car may have been driven on the lift. This is a very high posiblility of what happened especially since you had a rear end issue. Hate to say this but you may be jumping to an unfair conclusion towards the tech and dealership.

I run cars on my lift all the time to listen for gear or bearing noise or check for leaks. With no load on the tires it can easily pick up wrong wheel speeds.

Relax a little bit. I am willing to bet this is what happened.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'll have to look. I use the 1/8 mile timer all the time, looked at top speed when I checked car before purchase