Don't Give Up Hope

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Redboots, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Finally, Today, Just an Hour Ago, I was advised by my dealer that my car went to D status and was assigned a VIN (FH909993). Wah-freakin'-hoo!!! I ordered this car on Nov. 25, 14 from a dealer that had no allocation but was sure his area rep would take care of him and provide one car. Mine was the only order he took, it was at MSRP with a $500.00 deposit, and no promises. Last Wed. as we passed through the small town I stopped in to see him. He told me, " sorry it looks like we are out of luck." Next morning he called to say they picked up my VON and the car was going to be built.
    It's Redline Red, A8, Sepia interior, BM wheels, and U connect. I am so happy to get the news and just wanted to share it. Like so many I have been in VON Hell for 8 months! So there is still hope, hang in there, there is still time left to get your '15 built.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on your VIN and an A8 to boot!

3. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks! I really feel good today, even if it is raining.

4. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congratulations Red
    boots, Wow that's my order, color and all.
    You must post the pics for us to see it. Anser this

5. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did the area rep really make this happen??? or was it just your time? Regarding "sorry it looks like were out of luck" What compelled him to say that?

6. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Waiting as well and not wanting to loose hope.

7. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's hard to know anything for sure with FCA. My dealer is a small rural dealership that doesn't really sell many cars, but a bunch of trucks. From day one he told me that he did not have allocation but would take one order and that they got along real well with their area rep as they were straight shooters and didn't play games. When I just happened to stop by on our way back from Wyoming, he was pretty down. It was getting late to have an order processed and he had already suggested that I order another car from another larger dealer for 2016, which I did. He actually apologized.

Next morning at 7am I get an email from him with the note to him from the Rep. Simply says, "I am happy to tell you that I was able to get your customer VON processed and you will be getting the car that you ordered. Should go to 'D' status in a day or two", which it did.

So I don't know, one day it was No car, the next day a personal note from the Rep. and a VIN. Who knows, all I know is that I trusted him and he came through for me. We are both very happy. BTW, he's got a restored Charger Daytona on his showroom floor!

8. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer is also small and also straight shooter. Seems to have the same sentiment about it as being pushed to 2016. I'm going to see if they have any pull with their representative. Thanks for your detailed response and valuable help. I'm actually going to copy and show him this thread!

9. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

10. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Larger dealership and allocations are the challenge. Thanks for giving me hope again.

11. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The thing is, my dealer was so sure that he wasn't going to get this car built for MY15, that he suggested I go to a larger dealer also selling at MSRP that delivered 6 Hellcats for 2015 so was pretty sure they would get that many again for MY16. It looks like I've got about a month to decide to keep or cancel that order.

One thing the Rep couldn't do, was add the sunroof to my order. He said that would kick it out of sequence and probably lose the build schedule. That kind of tells me NO sunroofs for 2015 US customers.

12. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The problem with larger dealerships is they all seem to want to tack on the ADM. I went into one nearby and here's what their sales manager told me, "Some of the Vegas and Phoenix dealers are adding 10 to 20 grand to the MSRP. We are just going to keep it at a friendly $5000. mark up." Gee thanks, and adios.

13. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had same the thing happen at a dealership that I previously bought a new Mercury Marauder from in 2003. Wanted $5000 over MSRP for the Hellcat and was trying to convince me it was the good deal. So much for the customer loyalty factor. He's now has the decisive adios from me.

14. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went to dealership that has my order and gave the copy. It may have lit a fire. They sold one Hellcat and their overall sales #s are up for the summer. We will see.

15. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just don't get the dealers. If they sell a Hellcat at MSRP they are making almost $5500. profit on the car. More then anything else they sell. But that's not good enough? So they want to insult and piss off a customer on one sale. On the other hand, I don't understand customers paying these huge ADM's. They will never see a penny of it back in resale. When it's a used car, it's just a used car, nobody cares what you paid for it. I suppose when your financing it, it's only another couple hundred bucks a month. I'd always rather use the money for something else than give it to a dealer. That's just me though, I don't have that strong 'need it now' thing going on.