SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Door Projector light install

49K views 160 replies 66 participants last post by  GG Hellcat 
#1 · (Edited)
Puddle light Install instructions :cool:

Before you start if you don't want the Hellcat only facing one way and not inwards on each door you will have to take one of the projectors apart and flip the image around.

This is how to change the image in the projector.
  1. unscrew the rear of the puddle light to remove the led.
  2. using something that will not mar the lens, push from the front of the lens to remove the prism cylinder from the rear as it is just a friction fit.
  3. once out the plastic cylinder will separate by gently prying them apart begin careful to not have all the prisms fly apart.
  4. There are six prisms inside with the image in the middle, inside a plastic frame.
  5. there is a little tab on one end that you can separate the image and flip around.
  6. Re-assemble in reverse being careful to install the small o ring before the outer lens and be mindful of finger prints or debris.

Puddle light install, Enjoy.

I re-posted it in a new thread so as to not get confused with ordering them!

1. roll down the window

2. remove the three Phillips screws at the bottom of the door.

3. remove the plastic cover behind the door handle and remove the Phillips screw.

4. Remove the plastic insert on top of the arm reset area and then remove the Phillips screw

5. Closest to the door hinge is a push pin, push in lightly and it will be come loose to remove.

6. Starting from the bottom get a grip and pull firmly on the door panel, it will start to pop loose. YOU NEED TO USE SOME FORCE

7. Disconnect the three electrical connectors

8. Un-bolt the door handle using an 8mm socket and slip the handle out of the door.

9. The panel is now free. For my ride I measured 12-7/8 from the edge of the existing light to center of where I drilled as the panel has a nice void to fit the light. I then measure out 1-1/8 and drilled the hole.

10. Unscrew the nut and slide the wiring and light into the hole. Install the lock nut and tighten but not too much and then lock off with the set screw.

11. Now I used as self adhesive zap strap mount and stuck it to the inside of the door panel. I then coiled up the excess wire and zap strapped it in place.

12. Now cut the orange/purple stripe wire as your positive and either solder or crimp the positive from the puddle light.

13. Now do the same for the ground with the yellow/white stripe.

14. I checked the voltage and I didn't like the drain with both lights going so I removed the OEM bulb, Your choice, also less heat that factory bulb was hot.

15. Now put it back together.

16. Open the door and adjust the position of the puddle light and enjoy!

Drivers Side

Passenger side

Enjoy!

See less See more
#2 ·
Puddle light Install instructions :cool:

I re posted it in a new thread so as to not get confused with ordering them!

1. roll down the window

2. remove the three Phillips screws at the bottom of the door.

3. remove the plastic cover behind the door handle and remove the Phillips screw.

4. Remove the plastic insert on top of the arm reset area and then remove the Phillips screw

5. Closest to the door hinge is a push pin, push in lightly and it will be come loose to remove.

6. Starting from the bottom get a grip and pull firmly on the door panel, it will start to pop loose. YOU NEED TO USE SOME FORCE

7. Disconnect the three electrical connectors

8. Un-bolt the door handle using an 8mm socket and slip the handle out of the door.

9. The panel is now free. For my ride I measured 12-7/8 from the edge of the existing light to center of where I drilled as the panel has a nice void to fit the light. I then measure out 1-1/8 and drilled the hole.

10. Unscrew the nut and slide the wiring and light into the hole. Install the lock nut and tighten but not too much and then lock off with the set screw.

11. Now I used as self adhesive zap strap mount and stuck it to the inside of the door panel. I then coiled up the excess wire and zap strapped it in place.

12. Now cut the orange/purple stripe wire as your positive and either solder or crimp the positive from the puddle light.

13. Now do the same for the ground with the yellow/white stripe.

14. I checked the voltage and I didn't like the drain with both lights going so I removed the OEM bulb, Your choice, also less heat that factory bulb was hot.

15. Now put it back together.

16. Open the door and adjust the position of the puddle light and enjoy!

Drivers Side

Passenger side

Enjoy!
Very cool! Thank you for putting the time and effort into writing up this post

#5 ·
Great post and nice work

#9 ·
Does anyone make a pop in replacement hellcat light for the existing light hole? I got some for my BMW X5 and they work great. Thanks

#12 ·
Np, what I didn't post and should have is that both hellcats are facing the same direction. I had to take one apart to flip the image around.

If you want it like mine you will need to do that. Below is how to

1 unscrew the rear of the light to remove the led.
2 using something that will not mar the lens, push from the front of the lens to remove the prism cylinder from the rear.
3 once out the plastic cylinder will separate.

There are six prisms inside with the image in the middle, inside a plastic frame.
4 there is a little tab on one end that you can separate the image and flip around.
5 re-assemble in reverse being careful to install the small o ring before the outer lens and be mindful of finger prints or debris.

Enjoy.

#18 ·
I got screwed in the group buy. I was in the process I finding a new place to live. So I gave my friends address and accidentally gave the wrong house number. The package ended up at the post office as undeliverable.

I contacted the seller and explained my mistake. He said to order another set and they would refund me. With moving and all I left the package to get returned. Once I had a new address I replied to the email once more and asked if the other set had been returned, if it could be resent and charge me shipping if need be.

No reply, no lights, no refund

#19 ·
Well sorry to hear that, I have ordered several sets without any issue. I appreciate the issues that you mentioned but from what you wrote it is hard to blame the vendor. All the errors were on your end so saying you got screwed it not a fair statement.

They have been great to deal with for myself and if I was the vendor and it was not an error on my end I wouldn't expect a vendor to make could on something that is beyond their control.

Good luck and figuring it out.

#20 ·
Just a question,,, when you had the door panels off,,, do you think it's possible to remove the factory puddle light,, and make that area work for the hellcat light... so that way your just using a hole that's there, but have to make it round...please let me know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.