Drag Launch Springs

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by Markp, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Markp

Markp Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Club Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So it seems that nobody cares for drag launch springs. I just got off the phone with Eibach and they told me they haven't had a single call from anyone asking for these springs. I had these springs on my Camaro back in the day and they made a huge difference. It would be as simple as playing with the spring rates on there performance kit and finding the optimal spring rate to transfer the weight to the rear tires. I am surprised nobody cares as this simple cheap mod would lower et's. Right now they only are making them for mustangs.
    I know Hellcats are rare but I can't believe with all the challengers out there nobody called asking about this.

If they start getting calls asking for them maybe they will make them for us but they would need a couple hundred orders. In the end I don't think there's enough interest but you guys tell me what you think.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Post their number and we can buzz-bomb then with requests..lol..I would be interested in some too btw..

3. Brass Monkey Hellcat

Brass Monkey Hellcat Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

theyre full of ****. because i've called and asked a few weeks ago

4. Markp

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I told the guy at Eibach I found it hard to believe that they never had any interest. He said and I quote " This is the first time anyone asked for one for a Hellcat"

Brass Monkey who did you speak too? I spoke to a guy in tech and a guy in sales. I should have got there names.

He also said they haven't had any interest for them from any challenger guys?? What kind of world do we live in where lowering springs have more interest than springs that actually improve traction and power.

I wonder how these bad boys would work. Scroll down to the bottom of the page Drag Racing Coilover Shocks featuring patented Double Adjustable Valving - Santhuff Suspension Specialties

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  5. Markp

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Drag-Launch

1-800-507-2338

Eibach Springs, Inc.
    264 Mariah Circle
    Corona, CA 92879

6. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

Totally agree with suspension mods. 18" wheels help the car squat more and use the tires. Just wonder without more stall in the converter will softer springs/control arms make a big difference.. These cars loose sixty ft times if they are brake torqued. Is that a suspension issue or a converter/tune issue? Until you can hit the tire what will suspension mods help. Give me some theory!

7. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had looked a while ago. Most people are just going to look online and not call. Little silly to wait around for a landslide of calls. I'm sure with a few testers they could easily release a product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Markp

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Eibach springs knocked off 2 tenths on my Camaro and almost 3 tenths off of my buddy's stang. 60fts improved a lot. It was the best mod for the money besides nitros.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not much need for this with the electronic settings.. A lot of people are using the street setting to launch as it provided a softer setup allowing for better weight transfer... And springs are only going to do so much on a car that can't fit a "real" tire. Load the suspension all you want.. If the tires don't grip then the springs will never load and transfer wieght..

10. DB2

DB2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat Performance Parts

Converters, cams, OH MY!

11. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To me stall and springs are secondary to tire... If you can't get a tire that can fully hook then not much point in softer springs and higher stalls.. Shame the wheel wells are to small to acomidate better tires.. I can only imagine what a beak lock screwed wrinkle wall would do for times on the 1/4.. Would be nice seeing some 1.4 60's for sure.. But people are already seeing contact between tires and sheet metal... Changing spring rates is only going to leave cars being trailered home with missing rear quarters and flat tires..