drive shaft build in 5 days DSS

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by huggytree, Oct 28, 2015.

1. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    called on Friday to order, here its Wednesday the next week and it shipped today

just thought youd all like to know they are being built in 3-4 days right now

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Lilla

Lilla Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I called Monday (my birthday) as my hubby is ordering one for me as my present. Yeas, I am ecstatic about it. They said 3 weeks now. :( We are going to order tonight. Just a quick question, now that I have gotten or will get a new drive shaft, is this now considered a Not stock car? Thanks for any responses as I was trying to keep it stock but want to race the BEAST! LOL!

Also, any advice for an A8 and wheel hop. I was practicing my 0-60 and 0-100 and can't stomp on it with out slippage. Yes, I have tried other modes from street, race etc. I really want to start drag racing so I can get better times down the track.

I am running all seasons right now but will probably get (as a Christmas present from hubby) some drag radials. :)

3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they told me 2-3 weeks also.....i dont assume they started it on friday when i ordered....so they must have done it in 2-3 working days......

its still a stock car....a drive shaft changes nothing....id fight dodge if they wouldnt warranty something because of it

i may have felt a touch of wheel hop once for a second or 2....but really i dont think A8's wheel hop....thats a manual transmission thing

no reason for a drive shaft upgrade unless you have DR's and go to a track......and probably no need at a track unless your getting good times...im on the verge of getting good times and thats why i am doing it......i was going to wait until i am getting into the 10's, but i decided low 11's is close enough and just do it...

some claim to lose .10th with it

with DR's and some heat i still cant stomp it with Nitto's, but ive been told you can stomp on it if you have MT's at the track.....i still ease into it

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Lilla

Lilla Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks I have gotten on it a few times and all I did is hop. I am trying to learn the point of spin and how much I can give it. Lessons, lessons, lessons. My wheel hop was pretty bad, enough for me to take notice! And decide to order one! LOL....I might have hit it too hard! :) If that is possible.

5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    wheel hop must be related to the p0's....i swapped my p0's on the back at 500 miles, so i never knew how good/bad they were.....seen them perform at the track in M6's........dont think ive seen 1 m6 w/ stock tires launch well

6. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

A8s will hop hard. It happened to me at the track last Thursday. Car hooked for 20 feet or so and then spun and hopped.. felt just like my old M6 Hellcat. With Mickey Drag radials.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After its installed, you can start another thread "Huggytree gets the shaft! "...

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wonder where that thread will take us to?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i will post pics of John working my my shaft? that could be the heading? Stellashc and Huggytree sharing a shaft?

i have only experienced wheel hop once in my life for sure...it was downshifting and letting out the clutch too fast on my gt500 at high rpms............

i think i felt it for a second with my HC a8 when the wheels broke lose at around 40mph once...the engine changed tone and i think it pulled timing to correct the issue.....i was a perfect launch trying to do a 0-60 on the street.....it ended in a blah 4 second time because of the bog from the engine.....i think i felt the hop for a second

strange p0's would hop isnt it? i would think you need traction to hop.....i had a friend with a modern GTO that told me his hopped horribly at the track......dont hear much about hop with the HC....it was a popular subject on M6 392's back in 2011

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    since John is helping me with my shaft install he can start any post he wants...i can take it(the shaft that is).......havent had a prostate check in a while...last time is was a lady doctor with a gentle touch...this time it will be a 3" wide HC shaft......i will need time to adjust/expand

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As of last week HHP had a DSS aluminum drive shaft on their shelf, not sure if it's for an A6 or A8 but worth calling Josh to find out.
    TC

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My friend John told me to recommend Byron to you, he says the track prep is better than the grove. He got his 10.72 at Byron. Said the best he could get at the grove was 11.00. He's a professional drag racer with a 7 sec GN, currently building a 9 second drag radial street GN. And his 10 second stock ZR1.

Said he wants to go to the track with you to help you get the record. I'm trying to get him to join the forum because he's trying to learn more about HC'S. Let him drive mine last night says he has to have one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Byron is just too far away. I already ran a 10.72 at GLD on drag radials... I think the shorter slick is the key for a 10.6x run.

14. slester1

slester1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    "I Got The Shaft" from order to my garage in 6 days from DSS.
    I also was told 3 to 4 weeks but its here....Im at work though :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hear you on that drive I ran there once. How was the grove last week?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016