Dropped Charger

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by PhantomWorks, Jan 28, 2016.

1. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Has anyone cut a coil off the rear springs of their lowered Charger? I have had the Mopar Springs installed on mine and it looks great and really cannot tell a difference in ride quality, but the more I look at it the more I want the back lowered just that little bit to match the front. I tried to search, but it is very hard to look through all the results. Just wanted feedback from someone who might have.

Thanks,
    PW

2. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My new wheels just arrived at the shop I get my mods done through. They will have my Cat for a few days doing the front splitter, painting calipers and emblems, and mounting the new wheels. While it's there I'm going to see if they can lower the rear without cutting coils. They already told me they don't recommend that.

3. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Puffy I have read that as well my whole life, but I was down talking with my service team at the dealer and they were having a hard time how removing the insulator puck (whatever you call it) would be better even if I was going to wrap it with a "rubber" tube, they just felt it wouldn't be able to support that kind of weight. So I'm really not sure. I also discussed putting the stock springs back in the front. But then my service guy pulled his unlowered challenger HC up against mine and my gosh his looked like an offroad vehicle...lol! So I'm curious how will they approach it? Thoughts?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm thinking about possibly going with a different set of springs. The fronts are perfect but every now and then I think the rear is just a little too high. I'll wait to see how my new wheels look before pulling that trigger. Hope to have them on by the middle of next week.

5. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Funny you would mention that, because as I was typing it I was thinking the same thing. Would you put different set on the back are all 4 corners? Just FYI my Service guy put 305's F1's on the stock rim and it looked perfect to me. There was no bulge and the wall was square.

6. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    All four corners. Don't know much about spring rates so I will keep them all the same brand and hope for the sAmerican drop on the fronts. My new wheels are 20x9 and 20x10.5 and I'm putting my current tires (275/40 and 305/35) on them.

7. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What other springs are you looking at? I was on speedlogix website, but did not see any other springs for our Charger?

8. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe H&R. Options seem pretty limited still. I really don't want to do the adjustable springs from KW.