DSS with Aftermarket Catback

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by goingsolo2, Oct 21, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey All,
    Does anyone know if a DSS driveshaft will fit with a 3" aftermarket exhaust? I want to put one in my Hellcat but don't know fitment with our 3" catback exhaust. From what I understand, the CF driveshaft is 3.5" in diameter and the aluminum is 4". The CF should fit but I am worried about heat being too close to the CF DS and causing it to fail. Does anyone have any insight into this? I will go aluminum, but it's 1/2" wider than the CF and don't know on the fitment.

Steve

2. Link

Link Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You should talk to the Drive shaft folks, you can probably get in at 3.5 in, may still be good depending on how much HP you intend to put out?

3. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Al DS is a standard 4" dia and will work, you will need to make sure of the clearance and move the exhaust as needed, easy to do if your doing this on a lift.
    TC

4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Even with a 3" catback? I would hate to order the DS and it not fit, but I am sure my shop could make it fit.

5. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had to move my exhaust even with the CF shaft, if it looks close it will be closer when the car is down and moving.
    TC

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Link

Link Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did you just redrill the holes for the brackets abount an inch lower?

7. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Top Cat
    I really appreciate the information.