Dual Carbon Stripe Cost

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by mdmoore23, Apr 23, 2016.

1. mdmoore23

mdmoore23 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was wondering if anyone here has got any info on what the oem dual carbon stripes cost from a dealer? I'd love to have them on my Torred cat.

2. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They are $995. When ordered from factory but don't know what dealer would charge after market.

3. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My only fear with the stripes is fraying edges from the constant cleaning some of us OCD guys do. Time will tell how they hold up.

4. hdman

hdman Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    995 retail wash mine every time I drive it so far so good

5. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wonder how much a graphics shop would cost to duplicate something like that...hopefully less than $995

6. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Call Rider graphics - I'm sure that theirs won't be anywhere near $995. The material that the OEM carbon stripes are cut from, is the same standard 3m material.

7. NMCAT

NMCAT SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered mine from the dealer and costs a little over 1k. Then I have to get them installed. Mine are currently backordered supposed to be here this week. That was at a little discount from dealer. I looked into getting them from rider but they are not the same finish and the pattern on the carbon fiber will not be the same as factory.
    If you look at the factory stripes the pattern is opposite on each side so it points toward the middle in a "V". Zoom in on a good picture and you will see what I mean. Any place you order them from aftermarket can not reproduce this and the pattern will be the same on each side. I spoke to rider about this and even cutting each side opposite will not result in this pattern. Anyway I wanted it right so ordered from dealer. Dealer had a real hard time finding the part numbers. The material is not standard and I also spoke to a local shop and looked at all their samples and nothing they could find was close to the same.

8. themush

themush Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have them on mine. Ive also had them added in the past. My opinion of these specific stripes, is they are much better quality than some random ebay or amazon seller. Ive used 3m vinyl, the scotchprint 1080 and it sucks ass compared to this vinyl. and installed perfectly. not a bubble anywhere. my 2 cents

9. cjohn7

cjohn7 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you can get stripes kits for under $400. That's what i did...looks just like factory

10. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    SO the decal stock material itself that is being used, is different for the stripe on the left, vs. the stripe on the right....not just turned 180 degrees....Reeaaalllly.....

11. NMCAT

NMCAT SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's the same thing I thought. Spoke to rider and my local shop at great length. In order to duplicate pattern you would have to cut one side normal and the other at 90 degrees not 180. The problem is the widest the vinyl comes is 60 inches and you will need more than that to do roof. So you would end up with a seam. Besides all that the material isn't even close to the same.