SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Dubious Source Claims the Demon Makes This Much Power...

22K views 61 replies 29 participants last post by  Cerino2000 
#1 ·

For Demon fans, Sunday was like sneaking down to the living room in the wee hours of Christmas morning for a quick peek at what lurks beneath the tree.

First, someone leaked a highly polished picture of the Dodge Demon in all its glory, widebody, air grabber hood, and 18-inch wheels wrapped in big thick slicks.

But there was a second, allegedly more substantial leak that happened Sunday afternoon. A dubious source from Instagram is claiming the Demon is a 9-second car out of the box, with the rejigged 6.2L V8 cranking out more than 1000 hp in full race trim.

The monster has finally broken cover. Here are the power figures:

Power Mode 1: 757hp
Power Mode 2: 815hp
Power Mode 3 1023hp

Now the last power Mode is achieved with only the following parameters in place:

1. Race Fuel: 100 octane or better
2. Crate PCM (crate purchased separately from the car for approximately $3,000)
3. Drag Mode Initiated, allowing higher RPM and broader power delivery in this drag mode

Car will break 9s stock and deep into 8s with few modifications just like the Hellcat has dipped into the 9s quite easily.

We'll know for sure tomorrow how true this alleged information actually is, but it certainly looks the part...

See less See more
#2 ·
Now all we need is a Jeep GC Demon! lol

Reactions: Wayne
#3 ·
Hi Mike, Well done and nice write up. You beat me to the scoop. I believe with confidence what you say is true because with the unveil tomorrow, it really is not such a big deal someone let the Demon out of the bag here.

What your info does is prove many right and many wrong, Some said 757, some said 815 and some like me said well north of 900 HP!!!

Well I guess we were all correct. LOL

1023 HP is the real number though. Let's face it that is what we wanted to know. The ultimate power output.

I will venture to say that I was wrong about it being 9 second car because I am sure many will have this thing in the 8's and it will reign supreme for some time to come as the fastest street car on the roads.

I can't wait to get mine if everything works out and I can get my order picked up. All I can say is Holy Crap!! When you figure in the potential horsepower and all the mods this car has like the trick drag suspension, bigger meats,chilled cold air induction, etc....I guess we will know more tomorrow, I will leave it at that.I just booked my hotel room in NYC.

Awesome news though. Going from 707 to 1023 is going to be a major awakening. I almost feel like I would not want to use the 1023 on the street. That is just asking for it. LOL

#13 ·
Hi Mike, Well done and nice write up. You beat me to the scoop. I believe with confidence what you say is true because with the unveil tomorrow, it really is not such a big deal someone let the Demon out of the bag here.

What your info does is prove many right and many wrong, Some said 757, some said 815 and some like me said well north of 900 HP!!!

Well I guess we were all correct. LOL

1023 HP is the real number though. Let's face it that is what we wanted to know. The ultimate power output.

I will venture to say that I was wrong about it being 9 second car because I am sure many will have this thing in the 8's and it will reign supreme for some time to come as the fastest street car on the roads.

I can't wait to get mine if everything works out and I can get my order picked up. All I can say is Holy Crap!! When you figure in the potential horsepower and all the mods this car has like the trick drag suspension, bigger meats,chilled cold air induction, etc....I guess we will know more tomorrow, I will leave it at that.I just booked my hotel room in NYC.

Awesome news though. Going from 707 to 1023 is going to be a major awakening. I almost feel like I would not want to use the 1023 on the street. That is just asking for it. LOL
LOL if it is used on the roads, They will all be totaled out by rich guys trading in their Toyota's for the Demon cool factor, and putting it in the ditch.It doesn't seem wise to drive such a car on public roads. but it all comes down to what you attempt to do with it.That will be a whole lot of car!

#4 ·
Okay, I'm excited! :)

#6 ·
ME TOO!!! :cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

Linda:)

#9 ·
It does state 100 octane or better + it's a Bigger SC

Linda:)

#11 ·
I'm leaning toward believing it will have 815 HP with 757 lb ft of torque.

If the 1000+ HP figure is to believed, that would be disqualified from current "Stock" rule limitations for NHRA. The current rules limit a stock car from 2008 or later to NOT EXCEED 10.00 in the quarter mile, with a top speed UNDER 135.00 mph. Anything faster needs to be "caged".
Dodge required an NHRA license to buy a Body In White car. IF the numbers posted by the OP are correct, the Demon would be faster than most of the Drag Pack cars that have been sold/built.
That's the dilemma.

Reactions: Hellcat News
#14 ·
Good point and thanks for the info on the "rules" at the strip. I was unaware of those. To me it seems like Dodge will allow most to skirt those because the car makes less than 1000 HP in "non-modified" trim, meaning standard ECU and pump gas. Also, anyone that wants to can put in the cage and Dodge probably will make that pretty easy with the way the car will be designed. It will probably be an option you can buy, LIKE the race ECU that is slated to cost $3,000.

Lastly, many will not race it at the track and will just get the ECU and some race fuel and go absolutely bananas on the street with this thing. I can see alot of unfortunate things happening to those who really want to unleash the true potential of this car on the street. With just the physical upgrades of the DR's and the "trick" suspension allowing the car to properly hook up and launch the 815 HP will be more than enough to take out the competition.

But when your insurance is paid up and you literally want to Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight you can basically scare the living crap out of yourself.

Hennessey Exorcist just took a projectile vomit right into their big fat open mouths!! LOL

Tesla ludicrous mode??? I don't think so........... Homey Don't Play Dat!

#12 ·
Only time will Tell!

#17 ·
ZL1 Camp.............crickets,............."Wait OUR car is really good at turns!!!", "and it is really shiny!"
GT500 Camp........rumbling rumbling rumbling......(Ford VP)..."Louise,...get the head of Ford R&D on the GT500 in my office!! NOW!!!!"

Elon Musk: "We need to accelerate our goal of colonizing Mars. There is no way we will ever surpass DODGE's latest engineering marvel here on Earth."

Better yet.....The DEMON wiill come with 3 modes:
1. ZL1 spanker
2. GT500 annihilator
3.DEFCON 6

#21 ·
ZL1 Camp.............crickets,............."Wait OUR car is really good at turns!!!", "and it is really shiny!"
GT500 Camp........rumbling rumbling rumbling......(Ford VP)..."Louise,...get the head of Ford R&D on the GT500 in my office!! NOW!!!!"

Elon Musk: "We need to accelerate our goal of colonizing Mars. There is no way we will ever surpass DODGE's latest engineering marvel here on Earth."

Better yet.....The DEMON wiill come with 3 modes:
1. ZL1 spanker
2. GT500 annihilator
3.DEFCON 6
Yup, agreed and the Hennesy Exorcist will be a just another of his highly overrated and underperforming vehicles.

#18 ·
That's one thing that can be predicted to happen. Look at the carnage of Cats that were destroyed by people jumping out of their rice burners and stomping the go peddle to the floor on a Hellcat and totaling it. If the Government does get involved, you can bet the Insurance company's will start to do so. I hope they don't. But shows like street outlaws seem to promote that activity.( Which I personally think is faked) Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint, I have broken the rules myself. But this thing won't just break the law, it will destroy the law. LOL What a car!

#20 ·
Price for Hellcat insurance just went up across the board. The government doesn't care about anyone's safety, they just want your money to pay off that 150 billion we sent to our enemy Iran! If they really cared, they would just ban the things that are deemed unsafe, but they rather just charge you for it. Scum bags!

#22 ·
Not sure how auto insurance rates are tied to the Fed's Iran deal... ??

Yup, agreed and the Hennesy Exorcist will be a just another of his highly overrated and underperforming vehicles.
That company has been teetering on the verge of bankruptcy since the last time Al Sharpton paid his taxes.
Hennessey's iterations of someone else's design do not make it a factory car backed by a factory warranty. When Hennessey folds, so does the Exorcist - if the project even gets off the ground. I think you'll see more Unicorns than Exorcists.

#28 ·
Bring it on. I can't wait to promote and see them.

Ty Michael

Great stuff
I felt for sure I'd get "Top Poster Of The Month"! By sheer numbers alone... ;)

#34 ·
It's a non-issue until you go faster than 134.99 or below 10.00. Once you do, you're probably going to get tossed out from an NHRA event - and future events at that track.
Track rentals - depends on the sponsor, and who's running the show that day.
Really, the rules were designed for OUR safety. Regardless, you can get killed "just as dead" in an accident on your way TO or FROM the strip. I'll be thrilled getting my Cat as close to 10.00 as possible and wearing my DOT/Snell approved helmet and NHRA approved jacket in the process. It gets damned hot in August with a full race suit on, windows up, and AC off in a full-caged car. :eek:
I would like to be able to tell my friends, "Yeah the Demon is sooooo fast it is actually illegal to run it at the track!!" LOL

"And I would have to buy new Helmet and a cage and i just do not want to spend any extra money on that stuff, since I just used all my money to get the $3,000 ECU upgrade to unlock my car's massive 1023 horsepower."

I guess I will just have to do like they do it on "Street Outlaws" and run 8 second quarter miles by my house. It is real because i saw it on TV once. (sarcasm) I think I can take the Farm Truck now, maybe the Dung Beetle.

What is real,............ is the 1023 HP though. Nice!! You guys still in shock?? Did you accept the fact that this car will have 1023 HP yet?? LOL

It's like I am still skeptical til I hear Ralph Gilles tomorrow state that or Tim K. . :)

#38 ·

I think their is some interesting things to gather from the 1/8th mile trap speed. So far most of the teaser clues and numbers can be substantiated and make sense with the different levels of power that can be had. The 125 mph 1/8 mile trap speed I can't make sense of because it would need more than 1250 hp (4100 lb race weight), or weighs less than 3400lb (if making 1023hp). Not sure what to make of this, we may just be in for a major surprise tomorrow.

#41 ·
Some quick clarification about 9.99 and 135mph

If you're at an NHRA track and run 9.99 or quicker which will obviously be over 135mph

You're 1 and done if you don't have atleast
A roll bar

In addition you need
Fire jacket
Harmonic balancer
Transmission pan

That being said not all tracks are NHRA

Hope that crate comes with a sfi jacket

#43 ·
And a driveshaft loop, a window net, harnesses, axle retention devices ("360-degree, minimum 1-inch-wide by 1/4-inch-thick axle retention loop on each axle"), SFI approved flexplate/shield, master electrical cut-off and yes, the required SFI-approved safety clothing.
If this car makes the power that people are discussing, it'll get booted from most tracks after one pass unless it's at a private rental (and a great many of those have been cracking down over the last 5 years or so). That being said, it could run the 1/2 and 1 mile events, as they don't require NHRA-like tech or equipment.
S.

#44 ·
And a driveshaft loop, a window net, harnesses, axle retention devices ("360-degree, minimum 1-inch-wide by 1/4-inch-thick axle retention loop on each axle"), SFI approved flexplate/shield, master electrical cut-off and yes, the required SFI-approved safety clothing.
If this car makes the power that people are discussing, it'll get booted from most tracks after one pass unless it's at a private rental (and a great many of those have been cracking down over the last 5 years or so). That being said, it could run the 1/2 and 1 mile events, as they don't require NHRA-like tech or equipment.
S.
Good info Snorman and very impressive list of cars, Like the Viper ACR-E!! Sick!! :)

#46 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone. I am just recovering from the Reveal last night. What a F'n show. Before even the media was let in our small group of like 10 "social media" folks were led behind a large black curtain and were greeted by Tim Kuniskis, he showed us the car (the Red Demon) you see in all the adds / videos and held a really intimate Q&A.I can honestly say the Guy cares about us, About Dodge and is a true Muscle Car (All cars, all makes) enthusiast.

I can speak for myself but I felt really special and privileged to be there. I can also tell you that Tim and his boyz at Dodge read our posts for sure. Many they love and some he was laughingly saying piss him off sometimes. LOL

Hey we have to vent sometimes.

Anyway I will send more info out today. It was a total pleasure to meet not only some folks from the Forum here but some other well known Peeps from Youtube.

They had 2 Dodge Demon simulators there, (Think of a flight simulator) One red and one silver Demon where drivers could hop in and go head to head. They gave you three runs each turn. You could go as much as you want.

I ran what I thought was the quickest ET of the night which was a 9.74 s.1/4.

There is alot of firsts for this car just like the Hellcat.

It (The Demon) is actually in the Guiness Book of world records as the only Production Ever to pull the front wheels off the ground and they did it live at the show. This is going to make the car a bit dangerous from what I saw people in the simulator doing after the wheels came back down to earth. My girlfriend was the only one to apparently roll the car on the track after hitting the wall several times. IT was really funny and why she does not drive the Hellcat . LOL

This bad boy will shit and git' and pull a 3 foot long wheel stand!!! How's that grab ya?!! The cars does F'n wheelies.

More info to follow.....lots to share. It was F'n awesome. Vin Diesel was there, saw Mike Strahan from the Giants ( I am big NY fan), also bumped into Eric Estrada from CHIP's fame at my hotel. Hey it's New York. Wiz Kalifa was the DJ at the event.

Can't wait to post more info. Trying to work now though. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.